Please DO NOT LISTEN TO MINOR VOCAL about RADAR

Please 343, If you are listening to fanbase, you are shooting yourselves in the foot. You are suppose to getting the feedback and make your own decision

The radar in Halo Infinite IS PERFECT and Why you ask? I will answer below:

As I am over 13 years of Dota 2 players and CS, Sticking to E-sport almost my entire life. I know what make E-Sport an E-Sport
-Halo Infinite is setting itself for E-sport scene and the MOST IMPORTANT THING in E-sport is:
**+**The Game fundamentally has to have Good Balance/ Competitive like having a skill caps, something Shine out that only PRO can do so normal players can feel exciting when watching them
Taking CSGO: Every sounds, footsteps are taking to the extreme. You can tell if someone is above or below, front or behind you just by listening to sounds. That is the details and dedication a good E-sport game has to have and be polished.
**+**The Game has to have Exciting gameplay the meant to be an E-sport -Csgo, Dota 2 are the biggest qualified example for this
**+**A good ecosystem that benefit both 3rd party organization and Pro players

Now how do this connect to the Radar? Well, because if they decide to add the Radar can spot enemies even THEY ARE SILENT meaning they cut the competitive part of the game

-If the game has no competitive factor it can’t and never be successful in E-sport and this already a lesson for many game Pubg, Ow2, COD as they aren’t designed to be E-sport
**+**Sprinting or Running should MAKE NOISES and be SPOTTED in the Radar
**+**Crouching or Walking should NOT MAKE NOISES and NOT BE SPOTTED in the Radar

If you cut this part and replace with the old radar only mean in Single Play, CONGRAT you just kill Halo Infinite of any chance to become an E-sport

Halo eSports settings will be no radar.

I like the Infinite radar, I don’t want them to change it but they are so that’s that. Hopefully they don’t add in the ability to see what level the enemy is on. The Reach radar gives far too much information for my liking.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> Halo eSports settings will be no radar.
>
> I like the Infinite radar, I don’t want them to change it but they are so that’s that. Hopefully they don’t add in the ability to see what level the enemy is on. The Reach radar gives far too much information for my liking.

Yes, IDK why 343 listen to minor vocal

The game has to have this basic feature to even be qualified competitive game not even close to an E-sport yet

I against the idea of Radar reveal everything, like who are they marketing? Children? cuz sure as heck they play fornite

If they make this decision, they should say goodbye to Halo infinite as an e-sport

Maybe it is my background of playing other FPS games more than Halo games in the past but I don’t like any form of radar in Halo games.

To me a key part of multiplayer FPS games is to be aware of your surroundings and trying to figure out where the enemies are coming from. Any form of radar makes that skill less useful.

If I have would have to choose one of the Infinite radars, I would take the previous one. I don’t like this change at all.

Halo esports don’t use radar dude. Never had. This return to form is the majority and gives back a classic halo feel. The change was unnecessary and I’m glad it’s back.

> 2535454320229026;5:
> Halo esports don’t use radar dude. Never had. This return to form is the majority and gives back a classic halo feel. The change was unnecessary and I’m glad it’s back.

You dont need to disable radar as csgo, valorant all having mini-map

what they don’t have is the mini-map reveal every info like in Halo

Any gameplay mechanic that incentives constantly staring a corner of the screen is archaic and bad game design to me.

Halo games would be better without radar.

Let the players focus on the actual game, and use this is an opportunity to make the UI less cluttered.

> 2533274933770910;7:
> Any gameplay mechanic that incentives constantly staring a corner of the screen is archaic and bad game design to me.
>
> Halo games would be better without radar.
>
> Let the players focus on the actual game, and use this is an opportunity to make the UI less cluttered.

That is utterly wrong, The mini-map act as a way to give users PREVIOUSLY information

But they DO NOT Reveal the information if that make sense

Mini map in 2 biggest FPS E-sport CSGO and Valorant acts a a past infor for players to see where they teammates died but Do not reveal any infor of how they die

So players who quickly analyze the PAST infor and process to give out the best shot to win a situation requires high skills cap

It has nothing to do with bad habbit or useless feature

> 2533274942238859;8:
> > 2533274933770910;7:
> > Any gameplay mechanic that incentives constantly staring a corner of the screen is archaic and bad game design to me.
> >
> > Halo games would be better without radar.
> >
> > Let the players focus on the actual game, and use this is an opportunity to make the UI less cluttered.
>
> That is utterly wrong, The mini-map act as a way to give users PREVIOUSLY information
>
> But they DO NOT Reveal the information if that make sense
>
> Mini map in 2 biggest FPS E-sport CSGO and Valorant acts a a past infor for players to see where they teammates died but Do not reveal any infor of how they die
>
> So players who quickly analyze the PAST infor and process to give out the best shot to win a situation requires high skills cap
>
> It has nothing to do with bad habbit or useless feature

I am not talking about CS:GO or Valorant mini-maps here. Which are completely different games, and not arena shooters like Halo, UT, or Quake.

Halo Infinite radar is giving you new information, so I don’t understand your argument.

> 2533274933770910;9:
> > 2533274942238859;8:
> > > 2533274933770910;7:
> > >
>
> I am not talking about CS:GO or Valorant mini-maps here. Which are completely different games, and not arena shooters like Halo, UT, or Quake.
>
> Halo Infinite radar is giving you new information, so I don’t understand your argument.

Halo is an Arena shooter and I understand that. However the Halo Infinite suppose to be an E-sport and I was hoping the NEW CHANGE should encourage devs lean into the design of the FPS like CSGO and Valorant

As Arena shooter FPS has no viewers, they are not competitive and no where near high skills caps as these 2 above due to arena shooter is too replying on individual skills rather than Mechanical one, Strategy and Team composition , roles and many mores

This is why 0 arena shooters become a true E-sport and having any good viewers numbers

> 2533274942238859;10:
> > 2533274933770910;9:
> > > 2533274942238859;8:
> > > > 2533274933770910;7:
> > > >
> >
> > I am not talking about CS:GO or Valorant mini-maps here. Which are completely different games, and not arena shooters like Halo, UT, or Quake.
> >
> > Halo Infinite radar is giving you new information, so I don’t understand your argument.
>
> Halo is an Arena shooter and I understand that. However the Halo Infinite suppose to be an E-sport and I was hoping the NEW CHANGE should encourage devs lean into the design of the FPS like CSGO and Valorant
>
> As Arena shooter FPS has no viewers, they are not competitive and no where near high skills caps as these 2 above due to arena shooter is too replying on individual skills rather than Mechanical one, Strategy and Team composition , roles and many mores
>
> This is why 0 arena shooters become a true E-sport and having any good viewers numbers

You don’t turn a game into successful esports by copying Counter-Strike and Valorant. When you do that you are competing directly with CS and Valorant. And both of those games will excel at the features you have tried to transplant into Halo.

Halo is a different game, and you turn it into successful esports by evolving and improving the Halo concept. Halo 5 had CS style gameplay mode which was clearly designed for CS style esports, and I assume that it was not very popular when compared to Slayer and other modes.

Every FPS game with a community is competitive. Some of them are just more popular games which leads to more competition. Every game has a skill cap, and these are not comparable. CS veterans with no arena shooter experience will get completely trashed in Quake because the two games are so different. Each game has their own unique skill cap, tactics, roles, and strategy.

Before CS became esports, it was first a massively popular game. Often played differently than how it is played today. We played the early CS betas because of the realistic setting, addicting arcade style one life gameplay, and very high production values for a game essentially made by one man. All the esports stuff only came later when the game already had millions of players.

The radar, or no radar, is not going make or break Halo as an esports title. What matters is how much fun the game is to play, and will enough people play it.

> 2533274942238859;1:
> Please 343, If you are listening to fanbase, you are shooting yourselves in the foot. You are suppose to getting the feedback and make your own decision
>
> The radar in Halo Infinite IS PERFECT and Why you ask? I will answer below:
>
> As I am over 13 years of Dota 2 players and CS, Sticking to E-sport almost my entire life. I know what make E-Sport an E-Sport
> -Halo Infinite is setting itself for E-sport scene and the MOST IMPORTANT THING in E-sport is:
> **+**The Game fundamentally has to have Good Balance/ Competitive like having a skill caps, something Shine out that only PRO can do so normal players can feel exciting when watching them
> Taking CSGO: Every sounds, footsteps are taking to the extreme. You can tell if someone is above or below, front or behind you just by listening to sounds. That is the details and dedication a good E-sport game has to have and be polished.
> **+**The Game has to have Exciting gameplay the meant to be an E-sport -Csgo, Dota 2 are the biggest qualified example for this
> **+**A good ecosystem that benefit both 3rd party organization and Pro players
>
> Now how do this connect to the Radar? Well, because if they decide to add the Radar can spot enemies even THEY ARE SILENT meaning they cut the competitive part of the game
>
> -If the game has no competitive factor it can’t and never be successful in E-sport and this already a lesson for many game Pubg, Ow2, COD as they aren’t designed to be E-sport
> **+**Sprinting or Running should MAKE NOISES and be SPOTTED in the Radar
> **+**Crouching or Walking should NOT MAKE NOISES and NOT BE SPOTTED in the Radar
>
> If you cut this part and replace with the old radar only mean in Single Play, CONGRAT you just kill Halo Infinite of any chance to become an E-sport

Relax, you exaggerate. There will surely be an MLG playlist. Without radar and higher jumps, thrusters and everything else legacy. This is mostly for Social playlist, for players that want to have spiritual Halo game reboot.

you mean the vocal majority. why would most people suddenly side with the new radar instead of what’s been in halo without issue for 20 years?? also competitive always has either a nerfed radar or no radar.

1 Like

I can’t believe they are making such a drastic change after one weekend of players vs bots. That is… crazy.

Also, I think it is very important that the game be as similar as possible between ranked and casual. Look at any other big pvp game right now. They have managed to have the same exact game between ranked and casual. It helps players easily make the plunge into ranked if they were too nervous. It also helps viewership for eSports events, because then the casual player can actually somewhat know what is going on. Many other benefits too, but I won’t go into them.

Look at any other Halo. There is a specific MLG game mode, and it makes the matches play completely different. From basic gameplay mechanics, to map weapons, causing the flow of the game to be drastically different. It is like watching/playing a completely different game. That isn’t good.

Last second knee jerk reactions like this, listening to players with basically zero exposure to the actual game (players vs bots really doesn’t give a good experience to how the game really plays), is not a good move.

> 2533274933770910;4:
> Maybe it is my background of playing other FPS games more than Halo games in the past but I don’t like any form of radar in Halo games.
>
> To me a key part of multiplayer FPS games is to be aware of your surroundings and trying to figure out where the enemies are coming from. Any form of radar makes that skill less useful.
>
> If I have would have to choose one of the Infinite radars, I would take the previous one. I don’t like this change at all.

Having a radar doesn’t mean you’re suddenly not paying attention to your surroundings. The radar is more to tell you who you may have overlooked within your immediate surroundings.

Say for example that you’re in close quarters with 2 guys, you’re winning the fight, it’s all good for you, and then suddenly their 3rd team mate sneaks up behind you. You can’t possibly look behind you or listen for movement over all the shooting and explosions and punching. But you see a new blip on your radar out of the corner of your eye right behind you, so once you’ve finished with the guys in front of you, you can turn around and fight them or make a hasty retreat if you don’t think you can win.

It allows you to put yourself in better positions by just knowing that someone is within range that you hadn’t accounted for. You can’t pay attention to all sides during a fight, so the radar is the eyes in the back of your head.

They should have at least allowed us more time with the Combat Sensor during the next flight so their data could be more conclusive. Making this change after just 2 hours of PvP is astounding.

Regardless of what side of the fence you are on about the radar change, 343 should not be making such drastic changes to the core gameplay mechanics of the game based on community feedback after ONE WEEKEND OF PLAYER VS BOTS. No one sees a problem with this? All of us literally don’t know what we are talking about yet.

I disagree, sir.

Halo competitive wouldn’t have radar at all, but social should keep the classic radar. It will be good, and the change is good!

Try it out before you complain about it.

and before you complain about it: Remember, you don’t have radar in comp.

–
By the way, how do you know a “minority” wants the good radar back?

For me, if it’s on the headset it should be on the radar. Spartans would have that kind of sound sensing tech.

> 2533274879757912;15:
> > 2533274933770910;4:
> > Maybe it is my background of playing other FPS games more than Halo games in the past but I don’t like any form of radar in Halo games.
> >
> > To me a key part of multiplayer FPS games is to be aware of your surroundings and trying to figure out where the enemies are coming from. Any form of radar makes that skill less useful.
> >
> > If I have would have to choose one of the Infinite radars, I would take the previous one. I don’t like this change at all.
>
> Having a radar doesn’t mean you’re suddenly not paying attention to your surroundings. The radar is more to tell you who you may have overlooked within your immediate surroundings.
>
> Say for example that you’re in close quarters with 2 guys, you’re winning the fight, it’s all good for you, and then suddenly their 3rd team mate sneaks up behind you. You can’t possibly look behind you or listen for movement over all the shooting and explosions and punching. But you see a new blip on your radar out of the corner of your eye right behind you, so once you’ve finished with the guys in front of you, you can turn around and fight them or make a hasty retreat if you don’t think you can win.
>
> It allows you to put yourself in better positions by just knowing that someone is within range that you hadn’t accounted for. You can’t pay attention to all sides during a fight, so the radar is the eyes in the back of your head.

I think it is a cheap way to warn a player about enemies when that player has not earned that knowledge by positioning badly.

Also players should not be 100% aware of their surroundings at all times. Flanking and surprising opponents should be rewarded, and there shouldn’t be an early warning system against smart plays.

I feel like the radar is in Halo Infinite because it was in the older Halo games and people got used to it. I don’t see how it makes any Halo game better, but I have heard examples of where it makes the overall gameplay worse when players start to rely on it too much.