Please Delay The Game

[OPINION]

Please 343, please delay the game. All the excitement I had for a 2021 launch is gone. I really wanted to dive into forge on release and make/edit maps and play custom games with bots. Now I have to wait to be able to do this. I get that these things need more time, which is exactly why you should delay the game until everything is ready. Do more flights, but please don’t launch this holiday.

So many people who don’t follow news and updates are gonna get this game this holiday boot it up expecting to have fun with family/friends and dive into the campaign only to find out there is no co-op campaign and be extremely disappointed. If you put some pop-up message that people see when they first boot it up, it’s gonna be like a punch to the gut, or even worse no message, and they try to hop into co-op campaign and are confused why they can’t do it. Please just delay the game, don’t overwork staff, and just take your time.

The games store page and box will show that the game doesn’t have co op available. This news is everywhere too, not a lot of people are going to buy this game and be surprised by a lack of co op.

343i have come out now and said it to avoid this entire scenario that you’re saying. The information out there and media coverage is all over it too.

Halo Infinite doesn’t need to be delayed over 2 features that aren’t integral to the games launch. They’ve got those desires being worked on and they will come.

Delaying a game over something like that is so unnecessary and over the top. Let’s think rationally instead of emotionally.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> Let’s think rationally instead of emotionally.

People will be venting their frustrations regarding this for the next few days/weeks/years - really can’t be too specific with this community… Hopefully after a week or so more logical thinking will take hold.

> 2533274873065905;3:
> > 2533274865778947;2:
> > Let’s think rationally instead of emotionally.
>
> People will be venting their frustrations regarding this for the next few days/weeks/years - really can’t be too specific with this community… Hopefully after a week or so more logical thinking will take hold.

We can only hope.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m disappointed by the news too but I feel as if a lot of people are taking this way too personally.
It’s not like these things aren’t ever coming, just got to wait.

> 2533274865778947;4:
> > 2533274873065905;3:
> > > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > Let’s think rationally instead of emotionally.
> >
> > People will be venting their frustrations regarding this for the next few days/weeks/years - really can’t be too specific with this community… Hopefully after a week or so more logical thinking will take hold.
>
> We can only hope.
> Don’t get me wrong, I’m disappointed by the news too but I feel as if a lot of people are taking this way too personally.
> It’s not like these things aren’t ever coming, just got to wait.

The unfortunate thing is that we also have to factor in 343s release history for MCC, 5, and MCC again (PC), when regarding the emotional response that is being witnessed. People have been ‘burned before’ by 343, and with the hype that has been generated with the recent flight, promises of upcoming flights, and the overall transparency that 343 have provided regarding the development of the game, this set-back - coupled with the previous announcement about assassinations - will only cause people to fear that the same thing is going to happen again.

All of that rambling is to say this: their emotions are not without merit, and I can understand why some are taking it harder than seems proportional. Ultimately the immediate sting of the news will pass and calmer minds ought to prevail, but for now I wouldn’t be surprised if there are calls to delay the game for 6 months, or even calls to boycott it.

> 2533274865778947;4:
> > 2533274873065905;3:
> > > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > Let’s think rationally instead of emotionally.
> >
> > People will be venting their frustrations regarding this for the next few days/weeks/years - really can’t be too specific with this community… Hopefully after a week or so more logical thinking will take hold.
>
> We can only hope.
> Don’t get me wrong, I’m disappointed by the news too but I feel as if a lot of people are taking this way too personally.
> It’s not like these things aren’t ever coming, just got to wait.

Exactly. I’d rather wait and play the other stuff in Infinite while waiting for these then having to wait 6 more months to play Infinite entirely.