PLease defend the Changes to matchmaking

Matchmaking (Halo 4 will be a good game,)

I would like to have a conversation with everyone about the following changes. Please defend your argument and explain why the specific change is good or bad for matchmaking and why.

possible topics

→ join session in progress
→ instant spawn
→ new weapon spawn system (did people actually camp weapon spawns?)
→ 2 AAs (sprint as a default)
→ no firefight
→ etc…

Personal Opinions on what I believe to be major changes, both negative and positive

→ Join progress in-session

  • even up teams (in terms of players per team)
  • those even teams will still lose
  • will probably join a bad team
  • will promote further quitting
  • cause players to lose games they shouldn’t by joining a losing team

→ instant spawn

  • reduce inactive time in-game
  • not work well with the Halo shield system

→ Weapon Spawn System

  • feel a little different
  • key aspect of Halo balance once again ruined
  • lead to unfair games
  • won’t prevent “weapon spawn camping” which never happened but rather promote it.

→ Armor Abilities

  • diversity to game play and unique playstyles
  • great addition outside of matchmaking
  • absolute balance breakers
  • implemented as the highlight of matchmaking

> Matchmaking (Halo 4 will be a good game,)
>
> I would like to have a conversation with everyone about the following changes. Please defend your argument and explain why the specific change is good or bad for matchmaking and why.
>
> possible topics
>
> → join session in progress
> → instant spawn
> → new weapon spawn system (did people actually camp weapon spawns?)
> → 2 AAs (sprint as a default)
> → new weapon spawn system (did people actually camp weapon spawns?)
> → etc…

“–> new weapon spawn system (did people actually camp weapon spawns?)” yes all the time even watch MLG they tend to camp very often.

“–> new weapon spawn system (did people actually camp weapon spawns?)” There is and even great possibility that the new UNSC infinity will become the Best Forge world ever

> Personal Opinions on what I believe to be major changes, both negative and positive

sweet I will play along

> → Join progress in-session
> + even up teams (in terms of players per team)
> - those even teams will still lose
> - will probably join a bad team
> - will promote further quitting
> - cause players to lose games they shouldn’t by joining a losing team

+For those who don’t worry about too many penalties can’t start a quick game fast

“- those even teams will still lose” this is not necessarily true

“- will probably join a bad team” This is often untrue as well and would always be better than 1v8 game seeing as you still might have a chance to win and get kills

“- will promote further quitting” Nothing can fix a quitting problem other then Ban but even you can say that’s a little extreme there just to many unknowns for quitters

“- cause players to lose games they shouldn’t by joining a losing team” But as said above many people quit for many reason not just people upset about losing but many reasons so there are many chances you will be added to an amazing team
Also I’m sure different play list will all implement this differently plus im sure there will be many options you can choose.

> → instant spawn
> + reduce inactive time in-game
> - not work well with the Halo shield system

“+ reduce inactive time in-game” this is true it speeds up game make them faster pace.

“- not work well with the Halo shield system” Why not Halo CE, and reach’s shield recharge really slow which is what people seem to be basing their argument off of, and if there anything like Halo 2 and 3 then they’re going to recharge a heck of a lot faster. Chances are that some get killed and is able to find the same Guy with his shields still lowered will be very slim

> → Weapon Spawn System
> + feel a little different
> - key aspect of Halo balance once again ruined
> - lead to unfair games
> - won’t prevent “weapon spawn camping” which never happened but rather promote it.

“- key aspect of Halo balance once again ruined” This is un true in fact on a base level iot is many time more balance which mean that everyone has an equal chance at getting the weapons because in the system we have there are players that know the spawns and other who don’t that’s not even that by definition mean player who know the spawns have an advantage meaning balance it tipped.

“- lead to unfair games” I don’t see how this leads to unfair game in any way shape or form. They’re not going to spawn “rockets” in red base it’s just not going to work that way there is just so much we don’t fully know about this feature to actually form an opinion

“- won’t prevent “weapon spawn camping” which never happened but rather promote it” There is no way this will promote weapons camping seeing as there no regular set location(even thought frank said it will be predictable)

> → Armor Abilities
> + diversity to game play and unique playstyles
> + great addition outside of matchmaking
> - absolute balance breakers
> - implemented as the highlight of matchmaking

“- absolute balance breakers” we have no idea how they’re going to be implemented so forming an opinion on how they were in reach when it could be totally different is kind of arrogant

“ - implemented as the highlight of matchmaking” I don’t think 343 is purposefully
“highlighting” them but the public seems to be jumping to conclusions and forcing 343 to put them in the spot light so to speak

Pretty sound rebuttal, you have my backing on this thread. Thanks delta.

Didn’t you already make a thread like this?
Can’t you post in one of the 100s of other threads exactly like this?

> “–> new weapon spawn system (did people actually camp weapon spawns?)” yes all the time even watch MLG they tend to camp very often.
>
> “- those even teams will still lose” this is not necessarily true
>
> “- will probably join a bad team” This is often untrue as well and would always be better than 1v8 game seeing as you still might have a chance to win and get kills
>
> “- not work well with the Halo shield system” Why not Halo CE, and reach’s shield recharge really slow which is what people seem to be basing their argument off of, and if there anything like Halo 2 and 3 then they’re going to recharge a heck of a lot faster. Chances are that some get killed and is able to find the same Guy with his shields still lowered will be very slim
>
>
> “- key aspect of Halo balance once again ruined” This is un true in fact on a base level iot is many time more balance which mean that everyone has an equal chance at getting the weapons because in the system we have there are players that know the spawns and other who don’t that’s not even that by definition mean player who know the spawns have an advantage meaning balance it tipped.
>
> “- lead to unfair games” I don’t see how this leads to unfair game in any way shape or form. They’re not going to spawn “rockets” in red base it’s just not going to work that way there is just so much we don’t fully know about this feature to actually form an opinion
>
> “- won’t prevent “weapon spawn camping” which never happened but rather promote it” There is no way this will promote weapons camping seeing as there no regular set location(even thought frank said it will be predictable)
>
>
> “- absolute balance breakers” we have no idea how they’re going to be implemented so forming an opinion on how they were in reach when it could be totally different is kind of arrogant
>
> “ - implemented as the highlight of matchmaking” I don’t think 343 is purposefully
> “highlighting” them but the public seems to be jumping to conclusions and forcing 343 to put them in the spot light so to speak

sorry but what actually solves the weapon camping is by saying -Yoink- it for commendations. “oh i need tank kills” “oh i need heavy weapon kills” -Yoink- that and challenges with cR and any rewarding factor and you atre back to halo 2 and 3 that dint have weapon camping. tryign to make it random wont solve it. the noobs will still wait for it. also 90% of the tiem when you join a game like cod, bf, gow, hf, moh you are on the losing team and most times you will quit out right away. and its not about the shields. say CTF you get to their bas kill a noob who took your shields and you killed him, instant respawn and before your shield are back up he gets a head shot and you got to walk another mile.

> “–> new weapon spawn system (did people actually camp weapon spawns?)” yes all the time even watch MLG they tend to camp very often.

First sentence of the first post…

I would like to call it a new record but it’s the norm 'round here.

Please, show us all a video of top MLG teams camping power weapon spawns.

> Didn’t you already make a thread like this?
> Can’t you post in one of the 100s of other threads exactly like this?

There is like 20 of them who just say the same thing over and over, because without a game to reference, they dont have anything to stand on, other than what we all already know. Who exactly are you trying to convince? Us, them, or yourselves. The record is -Yoinking!- broken man.