Please Bring back the SMGs

please bring em back we all miss them

If they brought them back, there would have to be dual wielding, cause a single SMG is useless.

Unless they bring it back, with more damage per bullet, or less bullets and more damage, it could be a single SMG. I’m not sure, but I’d love to see it back in Halo though.

> If they brought them back, there would have to be dual wielding, cause a single SMG is

Wrong. I could effectively use a single SMG in Halo 3 as well as an Assault Rifle. Maybe you didn’t have much luck with it, but it was a great weapon alone, as well as dual wielded.

I miss SMGs especially the odst one

i miss the SMG as well and i want dual weilding back too

Apparently duel wielding was removed in reach because Bungie didnt want to do the sprint animation for duel wielding
I may be wrong though

Anyway hell yeah bring back the SMG

If they bring back the SMG, they had better make it silenced. We already have the AR and the SAW, as it stands unsuppressed, it would probably get lost in the shuffle. But having it as an automatic stealth weapon would give it it’s own niche.

Hmm.

-Suppressed pistol as a stealth side-arm.
-Suppressed SMG as a stealth automatic weapon.
-Suppressed DMR as a stealth precision weapon.

I’d like it.

> If they bring back the SMG, they had better make it silenced. We already have the AR and the SAW, as it stands unsuppressed, it would probably get lost in the shuffle. But having it as an automatic stealth weapon would give it it’s own niche.
>
> Hmm.
>
> -Suppressed pistol as a stealth side-arm.
> -Suppressed SMG as a stealth automatic weapon.
> -Suppressed DMR as a stealth precision weapon.
>
> I’d like it.

All with the suppressed weapons but the DMR may be a bit too much, although if it could work then Im all for that as well

> All with the suppressed weapons but the DMR may be a bit too much, although if it could work then Im all for that as well

Suppressed DMR would be awesome, both in campaign and in multiplayer.

A suppressed Sniper Rifle would be more than a bit much. I can only imagine the forums here erupting in rage.

> > All with the suppressed weapons but the DMR may be a bit too much, although if it could work then Im all for that as well
>
> Suppressed DMR would be awesome, both in campaign and in multiplayer.
>
> A suppressed Sniper Rifle would be more than a bit much. I can only imagine the forums here erupting in rage.

I personally wouldnt mind a suppressed DMR but many people hate the thing as it is and people would get annoyed and flood the forums with hate threads again. Then again this may not happen since the DMR isnt OP anymore

Plus some people would go with the genric ’ OMG halos like a sci-fi COD now etc. etc.’ which are the only small problems that dont actually affect gameplay

SMG as secondary version of AR (something like Magnum is for precission rifles) sounds fun.

SMG as headshot and zoom capable automatic rifle (ODST version) sounds fun too. Especially in SWAT.

> If they brought them back, there would have to be dual wielding, cause a single SMG is useless.
>
> Unless they bring it back, with more damage per bullet, or less bullets and more damage, it could be a single SMG. I’m not sure, but I’d love to see it back in Halo though.

Well considering the Suppressor isn’t completely useless…

> If they bring back the SMG, they had better make it silenced. We already have the AR and the SAW, as it stands unsuppressed, it would probably get lost in the shuffle. But having it as an automatic stealth weapon would give it it’s own niche.
>
> Hmm.
>
> -Suppressed pistol as a stealth side-arm.
> -Suppressed SMG as a stealth automatic weapon.
> -Suppressed DMR as a stealth precision weapon.
>
> I’d like it.

The suppressed DMR would probably need a damage nerf. Maybe around 7sk

Yes. And dual wielding.

While I like them, bringing them back would probably mean dual wielding will also come back, and dual wielding feels like it makes the weapon alone feel weaker (example Halo 3 magnum)

Also to deter people from dual wielding… Dual Wielded Boltshots

> If they brought them back, there would have to be dual wielding, cause a single SMG is useless.
>
> Unless they bring it back, with more damage per bullet, or less bullets and more damage, it could be a single SMG. I’m not sure, but I’d love to see it back in Halo though.

Why not just have a single weapon pickup that basicly is two SMG’s? Instead of making it dual wield.

> > All with the suppressed weapons but the DMR may be a bit too much, although if it could work then Im all for that as well
>
>
> A suppressed Sniper Rifle would be more than a bit much. I can only imagine the forums here erupting in rage.

A suppressed DmR would be glorious to use especially in a Stealth Mission I would love that

> Apparently duel wielding was removed in reach because Bungie didnt want to do the sprint animation for duel wielding
> I may be wrong though
>
> Anyway hell yeah bring back the SMG

I think it was because it was too difficult to balance the multiple combos that could be made with dual wielding.

YES YES YES YES

SMG, Bruteshot and missile pod!!!

my 3 fav weapons and they were all taken out :frowning:

>
>

with the other guns (smg and pistol) all they need to do is make them quieter and give it a cool sound (like in ODST) butthe DMR they should reduce the damage, maybe do it so you need 1 more shot to kill someone or at least with the sniper with a silencer which is a good way they can make it even, without silencer its louder but takes 2 shots to kill, with silencer it takes 3 shots to kill someone (excluding the head, remains as 1 hit kill) but makes it alot quieter and they should do it like Bf etc where if you fire a gun without a silnecer on it then you show up on the mini map every time you fire, also reduces camping a hell of alot!! unless your using a silenced one odviosuly :slight_smile: