Please bring back the SMG's. They HAVE to be in Halo 4.

I, along with many other fans, love the SMG’s. But, Bungie dun goofed and took them out of Reach. But, that’s okay because Reach was pretty terrible anyway. Not to mention, it was a prequel…so it still can make sense to be in Halo 4. Halo 3 had the SMG, so why not Halo 4? Please, bring them back. I love them to death. Thank you. :slight_smile:

SMG’s literally had no place in the sandbox.

Maybe a variation of Halo 3: ODST’s SMG, but Halo 2/3’s were both broken and worthless.

I loved the SMG. I preferred it as a back up to the Carbine of BR instead of the AR. The ODST version was even better. Hopefully one of them makes a return.

Well, in halo 2, there was no AR, so they had a HUGE role there.

the smg was always a cool weapon, and that would be sweet if we had a silenced smg w/ a scope like in odst…

in fact, it would be cool if we had even more silenced guns !!

SMGs are AWESOME

Here’s what they should do.

DMR / BR = long range
Assault Rifles = med range
SMG = close range
Shotgun = extreme close range

They Have to emphasize this a lot and everything shall be balanced.

> the smg was always a cool weapon, and that would be sweet if we had a silenced smg w/ a scope like in odst…
>
> in fact, it would be cool if we had even more silenced guns !!

Yes, the silenced would be great too. I’d like both the regular and silenced. Maybe, if Halo 4 has actual stealth missions (Not the so-called “stealth missions” in Reach where the only stealth you did was assassinate the first Elite, then all the enemies were alerted from there.) then the silenced SMG will definitely come in handy and is really fun to use.

Personally, I think that the Silenced SMG from ODST should return. Not only does it look pretty awesome, it does fulfill a unique role in the sandbox. A scoped automatic weapon? We never had that before in a Halo game, at least not before the Silenced SMG came in.

> SMGs are AWESOME
>
> Here’s what they should do.
>
> DMR / BR = long range
> Assault Rifles = med range
> SMG = close range
> Shotgun = extreme close range
>
> They Have to emphasize this a lot and everything shall be balanced.

i dont care if SMGs are in the game or not but how is what you described balance at all?

battles just become rock paper scissors based on which weapon you have…

more weapons does not equal better sandbox balance

SMG/Plasma rifle combo was awesome.

The Assault rifle looks like a child’s toy.

> > SMGs are AWESOME
> >
> > Here’s what they should do.
> >
> > DMR / BR = long range
> > Assault Rifles = med range
> > SMG = close range
> > Shotgun = extreme close range
> >
> > They Have to emphasize this a lot and everything shall be balanced.
>
> i dont care if SMGs are in the game or not but how is what you described balance at all?
>
> battles just become rock paper scissors based on which weapon you have…
>
> more weapons does not equal better sandbox balance

Yes, Let’s just stick to one sole weapon ( cough DMR ) and forget about variety.

Yes! Bring back the SMGs; they were fun to use.

Didn’t care for SMG’s in Halo 2 or 3, but the different version in ODST was beast. Bring back both and I’ll be happy. Maybe make the suppressed one non duel wieldable since it has a “scope.”

> Personally, I think that the Silenced SMG from ODST should return. Not only does it look pretty awesome, it does fulfill a unique role in the sandbox. A scoped automatic weapon? We never had that before in a Halo game, at least not before the Silenced SMG came in.

Exactly. It’s something unique that we all loved, so why not have it in Halo 4? I really hope they have both the silenced and regular, but if just one of them is in…I’ll be happy.

> SMG’s literally had no place in the sandbox.
>
> Maybe a variation of Halo 3: ODST’s SMG, but Halo 2/3’s were both broken and worthless.

H2 SMG and pistol my friend. Nobody could out shoot it. People would rather not learn how to use the guns then take the time to practice with it.

> > Personally, I think that the Silenced SMG from ODST should return. Not only does it look pretty awesome, it does fulfill a unique role in the sandbox. A scoped automatic weapon? We never had that before in a Halo game, at least not before the Silenced SMG came in.
>
> Exactly. It’s something unique that we all loved, so why not have it in Halo 4? I really hope they have both the silenced and regular, but if just one of them is in…I’ll be happy.

This^

> > SMG’s literally had no place in the sandbox.
> >
> > Maybe a variation of Halo 3: ODST’s SMG, but Halo 2/3’s were both broken and worthless.
>
> H2 SMG and pistol my friend. Nobody could out shoot it. People would rather not learn how to use the guns then take the time to practice with it.

Exactly… No one could outshoot it. It was imbalanced. The whole idea of Dual Wielding is terrible unless the guns are specifically designed to be used 2 at a time and never one at a time.

Having SMG starts could have been the worst idea besides no Big Team restrictions in Halo history.

If it’s a variation of the Halo 3: ODST SMG, then I’m all for it. It was designed for single use and would fit the sandbox for a variety of reasons.

But the Halo 2/3 SMG/Pistol/Needler/Plasma Pistol/Plasma Rifle/etc. were broken at their core.

I thought the silenced/scoped SMG was a cool idea, but the problem was that the AI would still hear it! I usually play on Legendary, so the occasions were few and far between when I could kill an enemy in a split second with it before others were alerted. I was constantly ditching it for a plasma pistol and using the silenced pistol to headshot.

And as much as I love to fire the SMGs, using them in anything other than multiplayer usually gets me killed.

> I thought the silenced/scoped SMG was a cool idea, but the problem was that the AI would still hear it! I usually play on Legendary, so the occasions were few and far between when I could kill an enemy in a split second with it before others were alerted. I was constantly ditching it for a plasma pistol and using the silenced pistol to headshot.
>
> And as much as I love to fire the SMGs, using them in anything other than multiplayer usually gets me killed.

Yeah the “stealth” wasn’t exactly stealth because all you had to do was kill one Grunt for everybody to be alert. It kinda ruined the whole point of having a silenced weapons. But, nonetheless, it was fun to use and something I loved having.

> > I thought the silenced/scoped SMG was a cool idea, but the problem was that the AI would still hear it! I usually play on Legendary, so the occasions were few and far between when I could kill an enemy in a split second with it before others were alerted. I was constantly ditching it for a plasma pistol and using the silenced pistol to headshot.
> >
> > And as much as I love to fire the SMGs, using them in anything other than multiplayer usually gets me killed.
>
> It kinda ruined the whole point of having a silenced weapon.

My thoughts exactly. That’s an awesome GT btw.