Please, bring back the BR!!!!!

Please, the DMR is a Navy Only gun, but the BR was adopted into everything, so please, bring it back! It was my favourite weapon in the entire series, so please, have it in Halo 4!

DMR is Army.

Battle Rifle is Marines.

I would rather not have that Semi-Automatic Nightmare back in any future Halo Games…

> I would rather not have that Semi-Automatic Nightmare back in any future Halo Games…

Agreed, I hate the BR.

No. They took it out for a very good reason. You should be happy they are doing a bloomless playlist for you. Yuck

Basically the DMR is closer to the original BR before Halo 2 was released. Sadly “I hate this gun” isn’t a great argument. Wait until after the TU to see how you like it.

> DMR is Army.
>
> Battle Rifle is Marines.

Indeed.
I am pretty shure the BR will be in H4, all Halo fans want is and it was MC’s main weapon

> No. They took it out for a very good reason. You should be happy they are doing a bloomless playlist for you. Yuck

Are you serious, bloom only make spamming a skill… you see the point right

> Basically the DMR is closer to the original BR before Halo 2 was released. Sadly “I hate this gun” isn’t a great argument. Wait until after the TU to see how you like it.

The fact that both fired on shot at the time isn’t the same as they were closer, Reach added bloom, you good sir should play a game of H2 again

You can spam just as easy with the BR. The difference is the BR is super accurate from any range. With the Dmr spamming only works close and rarely mid range. Try cross map spamming with the Dmr. Bloom works fine.

> > No. They took it out for a very good reason. You should be happy they are doing a bloomless playlist for you. Yuck
>
> Are you serious, bloom only make spamming a skill… you see the point right

> > Basically the DMR is closer to the original BR before Halo 2 was released. Sadly “I hate this gun” isn’t a great argument. Wait until after the TU to see how you like it.
>
> The fact that both fired on shot at the time isn’t the same as they were closer, Reach added bloom, you good sir should play a game of H2 again

Are you trying to say the BR fired only one shot?

Either way, the DMR will top even the H2 BR once the bloomless playlists hit for accuracy. The BR still had slight bullet spread across 3 bullets, the DMR is just one.

> Please, the DMR is a Navy Only gun, but the BR was adopted into everything, so please, bring it back! It was my favourite weapon in the entire series, so please, have it in Halo 4!

Actually, the BR55 replaced the DMR in all aspects of the UNSC’s Military forces besides the Army, which is why it was in Reach. Honestly though i think they should put in both. You know figure out something like the BR can shoot a little faster and does slightly less damage, and the DMR shoots slower, semi automatic, slightly more damage, and a farther more accurate range.

> You can spam just as easy with the BR. The difference is the BR is super accurate from any range. With the Dmr spamming only works close and rarely mid range. Try cross map spamming with the Dmr. Bloom works fine.
>
> > > No. They took it out for a very good reason. You should be happy they are doing a bloomless playlist for you. Yuck
> >
> > Are you serious, bloom only make spamming a skill… you see the point right

The BR takes skill to use, explain how people with 2 kills with the br, have 2000000000 kills with the dmr.

> > DMR is Army.
> >
> > Battle Rifle is Marines.
>
> Indeed.
> I am pretty shure the BR will be in H4, all Halo fans want is and it was MC’s main weapon

Although I have absolutely no problem with BR being in Halo 4, I must correct you on one thing. It never was the most iconic weapon of Halo, that place belongs to a weapon that has been in every Halo game except Halo 2, it is the weapon in Chief’s hands in every cutscene (again with the exception of Halo 2 ones).

Sorry, I just felt like pointing out the fact that BR isn’t the main weapon in Halo. I wouldn’t mind it coming back it’s a good and skillful weapon. It definitely isn’t too powerful, the sandbox around it is just too weak.

> > Please, the DMR is a Navy Only gun, but the BR was adopted into everything, so please, bring it back! It was my favourite weapon in the entire series, so please, have it in Halo 4!
>
> Actually, the BR55 replaced the DMR in all aspects of the UNSC’s Military forces besides the Army, which is why it was in Reach. Honestly though i think they should put in both. You know figure out something like the BR can shoot a little faster and does slightly less damage, and the DMR shoots slower, semi automatic, slightly more damage, and a farther more accurate range.

How should a random dmr appear on a random forerunner planet(sigma 7) when the only human there are chief, with half a navy ship

I would rather have a single-shot rifle than a 3 round burst rifle.

> > DMR is Army.
> >
> > Battle Rifle is Marines.
>
> Indeed.
> I am pretty shure the BR will be in H4, all Halo fans want is and it was MC’s main weapon

Actually, MC’s main weapon is the MA5C Assault Rifle. He always has one in every cutscene in Halo 3. (save the ones that show the last weapon you were carrying)

In Halo Combat Evolved in the few cutscenes where he has a weapon it was usually the MA5B Assault Rifle. The difference between the two guns is the fire rate on the MA5B was greater, less accurate, and a bigger magazine.

The only reason he had a BR55 is because the Assault Rifle wasn’t in Halo 2.

Ok when does that happen? BR made halo 2 and 3 a one weapon game. It came to the point were when the game was just a bunny hopping game and tons of people switched to bumper jumper just to keep from getting killed. Everyone spams the BR on Halo 2 and 3 because no matter how fast you shoot the accuracy was the same.

> > You can spam just as easy with the BR. The difference is the BR is super accurate from any range. With the Dmr spamming only works close and rarely mid range. Try cross map spamming with the Dmr. Bloom works fine.
> >
> > > > No. They took it out for a very good reason. You should be happy they are doing a bloomless playlist for you. Yuck
> > >
> > > Are you serious, bloom only make spamming a skill… you see the point right
>
> The BR takes skill to use, explain how people with 2 kills with the br, have 2000000000 kills with the dmr.

> > > Please, the DMR is a Navy Only gun, but the BR was adopted into everything, so please, bring it back! It was my favourite weapon in the entire series, so please, have it in Halo 4!
> >
> > Actually, the BR55 replaced the DMR in all aspects of the UNSC’s Military forces besides the Army, which is why it was in Reach. Honestly though i think they should put in both. You know figure out something like the BR can shoot a little faster and does slightly less damage, and the DMR shoots slower, semi automatic, slightly more damage, and a farther more accurate range.
>
> How should a random dmr appear on a random forerunner planet(sigma 7) when the only human there are chief, with half a navy ship

What if the Armory was in that half of the ship? In the last cutscene in Halo 3 you see him grab a weapon and put it beside the cryo-pod, it was an MA5C Assault Rifle.

I think people are missing my point. Before H2 launched people liked the BR they showed, then it got changed and most people forgot what was there. To get a new weapon for gameplay purposes they went back to the drawing board a bit.

Since Reach is a prequel, we may or may not see the BR in 4. Let’s throw everything we know away and say the DMR was a new weapon and hadn’t left Reach yet. That explains why it’s not in other games. OR… it’s an old weapon and Noble hadn’t gotten their hands on the BR yet.

343 isn’t really going to consider “The DMR is stupid” as a reason to cut it out of a game, they’re going to look at gameplay stats, user reaction (IE valid arguments), and fiction-fitting reasons to cut it. Of course fiction can always be cobbled together.

With the possibility of the galaxy being in a relative state of peace I’m hoping for some new weapons or improved versions of older guns.