Please bring back the battLe rifLe

Changes that need to be made to weapons in all future and present halo games currently reach and anniversary edition and especially halo4

Who agrees with me that the BR (battle rifle) is the most epic weapon in halo history and we want to see it return for reach via part of the new update and content included in the halo combat evolved anniversary edition. We want to see most of all the battle rifle and beam rifle return. The two most powerful weapons need to be in reach the focus rifle is no match for human sniper and is also incapable of headshots enough time has passed that it makes sense that now these weapons have been discovered for reach they were in the books but in every armory on reach in the game not a single BR this is the biggest mistake in reach and has delivered the biggest blow to it’s most hardcore fanbase no other weapon since the halo ce pistol ten years ago has had such an impact. The assault rifle also needs to be a 64 round clip like it was in halo ce the pistol also needs more rounds since the current state of reach almost all weapons feel underpowered and require an entire clip to get a kill. The 5shot is almost a fable or myth mostly never possible due to the flow of the game enemies 90% of the time always get behind cover just as the shield breaks and they only require that last shot. Either the enemy runs behind cover or uses an armor ability to escape the last shot or you end up having to reload just before you get the kill let alone a double kill or more. So the biggest thing I would like to see the anniversary edition change reach for the better and make the DMR a 4 shot kill weapon since this timing and gameplay flow was perfect like it has been for years in halo2 and halo3 the 4 headshot formula was perfect. And usually 90% of the time it takes about 6-8 shots with the 4 shot formula just to get a successful headshot kill. So making it a 5 shot was just detrimental to the core gameplay and flow of timing just leaving too much in the air for lost kills that you did all the work for just to get robbed by an opportunist and get stuck with yet another assist and the opportunist who was lucky enough to only need to pull off 1shot gets rewarded with the kill you worked so hard for. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve put 5 or more shots into my enemy just to get an assist stolen by either a team mate or opportunist in free for all my favorite game type. But the four shot needs to desperately be brought back to halo for reach in this update and most definitely carry over to halo4.

Wish list for fixes in reaches weapons via halo ce AE

Bring back battle rifle #1 request (we miss the BR so dearly).
#2 make the DMR a four shot kill (this rarely happens due to bloom and many other factors the 5 shot formula doesn’t work well for many reason such as stolen kills aka assist or enemy escapes or uses an armor ability and worst of all usually results in you getting killed. The 4shot just works perfect is difficult to pull off and has the perfect balance and timing with the pace of halo battles and requires a lot of skill to successfully pull off. The main reason it was taken out and nerfed was too many noobs who haven’t played halo since day 1 but just joined the fight in halo3 and complained since they just couldn’t get down in a month or 2 what it took core fanbase players years to master and this new 5shot is way too noob friendly and throws off the balance of the enitire game from lost kills down to the ratio of ammo to the amount of possible kills per clip which used to be 3 shielded enemies and is now barely even 1 too often we have to reload and spawn far from our team and or in the middle of a battle and are way out numbered we used to be able to get the shield down at least maybe a kill if lucky. But the point is this is a halo fundamental core gameplay mechanic and needs to be restored. In halo ce we found out the pistol was too powerful with 3 headshots rewarding a kill and found that in halo2 four shots was perfect for timing ammo team assist everything. In halo reach we found out how bad making it 5 shots for a kill ruins this perfect formula.

Bring back BR
Make DMR 4shot kill as well (how cool would DMR vs BR firefights be?)
The assault rifle needs to get an extended clip back to 64rounds as it was in halo1
The beam rifle needs to make a return just as it was in halo2&3 it’s the only true counter sniper weapon.
The pistol needs to come back with more ammo. And in the classic game modes playlist needs to be a gametype were the pistol is still a 3shot weapon to see how this would work in the online arena since it’s been ten years since we’ve had the original pistol but just for fun not in ranked playlist
The shotgun needs to have it’s range and damage brought back up to the original halo1 standard of all weapons the shotgun probably has gotten nerfed the worst. Maybe not quite exactly as powerful as it was in halo ce but it needs to be as close as possible to it’s original glory as well.
The rocket launcher needs to lock on to vehicles again like in halo2 this shouldn’t have ever been changed in halo3 and needs to return in halo4 all of these things above need to change for all halo games these are the things that worked best and never should have changed. I’ll update this list if i can think of more and please feel free to comment and add to it things that got nerfed in reach or any halo game and you would like to see restored. Ofcourse the 3shot pistol can’t ever be in a ranked style game since it would become over powered and make other weapons have no purpose and never get used like in halo1 the default starting secondary weapon everyone has was more powerful then a sniper rifle across the map and reduced the gameplay down to a pistol fight mostly so this woulnt make as much sense as the above suggestions that the community is begging for i have a list of 100 friends who agree on my main account thel33tmaster. And even friends I’ve met on other accounts and the majority of players I meet In matchmaking agree that these are the most important changes that reach and all future halo games need to have these parts of the game are what makes halo halo. And as great as it is so please fix it thanks for your time

New weapons cannot be introduced into matchmaking for current Halo titles that are out. You may want to re-direct this to the Halo4 fourm.

-Compton

After skim-reading through, I agree the BR should return, but the DMR should remain 5-shot. 4 is just too quick, you don’t get the satisfaction of watching their shields pop after the fourth round and perfectly lining up that final headshot.

Nonsense. As popular as the battle rifle is/was, it’s not going to added to Reach or CEA. Not only does 343 have no business incentive to do so, the BR didn’t exist at the time of Reach or CE in the Halo universe.

> Changes that need to be made to weapons in all future and present halo games currently reach and anniversary edition and especially halo4
>
> Who agrees with me that the BR (battle rifle) is the most epic weapon in halo history and we want to see it return for reach via part of the new update and content included in the halo combat evolved anniversary edition. We want to see most of all the battle rifle and beam rifle return. The two most powerful weapons need to be in reach the focus rifle is no match for human sniper and is also incapable of headshots enough time has passed that it makes sense that now these weapons have been discovered for reach they were in the books but in every armory on reach in the game not a single BR this is the biggest mistake in reach and has delivered the biggest blow to it’s most hardcore fanbase no other weapon since the halo ce pistol ten years ago has had such an impact. The assault rifle also needs to be a 64 round clip like it was in halo ce the pistol also needs more rounds since the current state of reach almost all weapons feel underpowered and require an entire clip to get a kill. The 5shot is almost a fable or myth mostly never possible due to the flow of the game enemies 90% of the time always get behind cover just as the shield breaks and they only require that last shot. Either the enemy runs behind cover or uses an armor ability to escape the last shot or you end up having to reload just before you get the kill let alone a double kill or more. So the biggest thing I would like to see the anniversary edition change reach for the better and make the DMR a 4 shot kill weapon since this timing and gameplay flow was perfect like it has been for years in halo2 and halo3 the 4 headshot formula was perfect. And usually 90% of the time it takes about 6-8 shots with the 4 shot formula just to get a successful headshot kill. So making it a 5 shot was just detrimental to the core gameplay and flow of timing just leaving too much in the air for lost kills that you did all the work for just to get robbed by an opportunist and get stuck with yet another assist and the opportunist who was lucky enough to only need to pull off 1shot gets rewarded with the kill you worked so hard for. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve put 5 or more shots into my enemy just to get an assist stolen by either a team mate or opportunist in free for all my favorite game type. But the four shot needs to desperately be brought back to halo for reach in this update and most definitely carry over to halo4.
>
> Wish list for fixes in reaches weapons via halo ce AE
>
> Bring back battle rifle #1 request (we miss the BR so dearly).
> #2 make the DMR a four shot kill (this rarely happens due to bloom and many other factors the 5 shot formula doesn’t work well for many reason such as stolen kills aka assist or enemy escapes or uses an armor ability and worst of all usually results in you getting killed. The 4shot just works perfect is difficult to pull off and has the perfect balance and timing with the pace of halo battles and requires a lot of skill to successfully pull off. The main reason it was taken out and nerfed was too many noobs who haven’t played halo since day 1 but just joined the fight in halo3 and complained since they just couldn’t get down in a month or 2 what it took core fanbase players years to master and this new 5shot is way too noob friendly and throws off the balance of the enitire game from lost kills down to the ratio of ammo to the amount of possible kills per clip which used to be 3 shielded enemies and is now barely even 1 too often we have to reload and spawn far from our team and or in the middle of a battle and are way out numbered we used to be able to get the shield down at least maybe a kill if lucky. But the point is this is a halo fundamental core gameplay mechanic and needs to be restored. In halo ce we found out the pistol was too powerful with 3 headshots rewarding a kill and found that in halo2 four shots was perfect for timing ammo team assist everything. In halo reach we found out how bad making it 5 shots for a kill ruins this perfect formula.
>
> Bring back BR
> Make DMR 4shot kill as well (how cool would DMR vs BR firefights be?)
> The assault rifle needs to get an extended clip back to 64rounds as it was in halo1
> The beam rifle needs to make a return just as it was in halo2&3 it’s the only true counter sniper weapon.
> The pistol needs to come back with more ammo. And in the classic game modes playlist needs to be a gametype were the pistol is still a 3shot weapon to see how this would work in the online arena since it’s been ten years since we’ve had the original pistol but just for fun not in ranked playlist
> The shotgun needs to have it’s range and damage brought back up to the original halo1 standard of all weapons the shotgun probably has gotten nerfed the worst. Maybe not quite exactly as powerful as it was in halo ce but it needs to be as close as possible to it’s original glory as well.
> The rocket launcher needs to lock on to vehicles again like in halo2 this shouldn’t have ever been changed in halo3 and needs to return in halo4 all of these things above need to change for all halo games these are the things that worked best and never should have changed. I’ll update this list if i can think of more and please feel free to comment and add to it things that got nerfed in reach or any halo game and you would like to see restored. Ofcourse the 3shot pistol can’t ever be in a ranked style game since it would become over powered and make other weapons have no purpose and never get used like in halo1 the default starting secondary weapon everyone has was more powerful then a sniper rifle across the map and reduced the gameplay down to a pistol fight mostly so this woulnt make as much sense as the above suggestions that the community is begging for i have a list of 100 friends who agree on my main account thel33tmaster. And even friends I’ve met on other accounts and the majority of players I meet In matchmaking agree that these are the most important changes that reach and all future halo games need to have these parts of the game are what makes halo halo. And as great as it is so please fix it thanks for your time

Too…Many…Text-Blocks…BAH.

Try to focus on making threads in a bit more of an eloquent manner.

That said, I agree, I love the battle rifle. I really don’t care about damage strength as long as it matches player speed.

I.e: If the Br were 5-shot, make the player speed that of vanilla reach, if the Br were 4-shot then make the player speed more like halo 3, so that your spartan isn’t a virtual turtle in front of a firing squad.

i’d love to see the BR in H4. That being said, it NEEDS hitscan or it will break the game like it did in halo 3 with a bad connection.

I’d be all for 343 tweaking the DMR for classic playlists, they changed the pistol to a 3 shot kill, and messed with the rate of fire, added the option to full auto fire it, etc. So you’d think it’d be possible to change the rate of fire on the DMR to match the BR, remove bloom, and up the damage to a 4 shot kill. Especially since the ‘classic’ gametypes in Reach don’t really play like Halo CE multiplayer anyway, and to a lot of people the BR is the iconic Halo weapon.

bring back halo CE weapons, same strength same clips size same power same range, now those guns were epic and incredibly strong and fun to use, halo used to be a much faster paced game…

As everyone else has said don’t expect the BR to return in Reach multiplayer.

As for Halo 4 I expect we’ll see the return of BR, unless i343 decide to make changes at the UNSC.

The BR is used by the marines and all other branches of the UNSC while DMR is only used by the army.

Judging by the concept art and trailers it would look like Master Chief will be landing on a none human world(s) backed up by UNSC ships and troops. So unless the UNSC make a large scale deployment involving the army they’ll most likely be sending marines with the BR. Making the BR in Halo 4 the most likely default weapon for Chief.

I could be wrong but that’s my best guess.

Sorry, but they can’t simply add weapons to the game via an update. They’d have to add the weapon to the .map file and make everyone re-download all of the maps which they wanted the BR on. That could mean downloading pretty much the whole game.

The only way I can see them adding it to the game is somehow moddifying the DMR like they did the Magnum.

Maybe the Battle Rifle will be in Halo 4.