Please Ban/Punish Quitters in Matchmaking

It’s very annoying trying to play a game, be up by 10 then the whole other team feels that there not having there way so they quit out. In the next CU update with ranks also add a ban penalty so this will stop happening.

Yes ban players that are not having fun in unfair matches. That should teach them that this is Halo, not Fun.

> 2533274809464609;1:
> It’s very annoying trying to play a game, be up by 10 then the whole other team feels that there not having there way so they quit out. In the next CU update with ranks also add a ban penalty so this will stop happening.

This is mere band-aid to the actual problem… You need to solve the problem at its core.

People quit for various reasons, but primarily from my experience it seems the most common two are either not getting the game you wanted, or the map. While people will always quit out of games, we can help fix this. Couple of options (and would love to hear more)

-Adding ranked playlists
This eliminated guests as well as the easiness to quit just because it can cause your rank to go down. In order to make this work the best there should only be a filter by ‘game’ playlists. Each game (Halo ce, 2, 2a, 3, and 4) should have their own playlist…

-Getting rid of the doubled up playlistsIn order to increase feasibility for the first option playlists that double up on gametypes need to be removed. (Slayer playlists is a perfect example) We have a playlist that you can find similar games in multiple other playlists. GET RID OF THEM

-Just like old times, only have one or two social playlists!
Yes I said it, each game should have a ranked option which would give us 5 playlists. Then have a social 4v4 (include all games) and a social BTB (include all games)

> 2533274799092454;3:
> > 2533274809464609;1:
> > It’s very annoying trying to play a game, be up by 10 then the whole other team feels that there not having there way so they quit out. In the next CU update with ranks also add a ban penalty so this will stop happening.
>
>
>
> This is mere band-aid to the actual problem… You need to solve the problem at its core.
>
> People quit for various reasons, but primarily from my experience it seems the most common two are either not getting the game you wanted, or the map. While people will always quit out of games, we can help fix this. Couple of options (and would love to hear more)
>
> -Adding ranked playlists
> This eliminated guests as well as the easiness to quit just because it can cause your rank to go down. In order to make this work the best there should only be a filter by ‘game’ playlists. Each game (Halo ce, 2, 2a, 3, and 4) should have their own playlist…
>
> -Getting rid of the doubled up playlistsIn order to increase feasibility for the first option playlists that double up on gametypes need to be removed. (Slayer playlists is a perfect example) We have a playlist that you can find similar games in multiple other playlists. GET RID OF THEM
>
> -Just like old times, only have one or two social playlists!
> Yes I said it, each game should have a ranked option which would give us 5 playlists. Then have a social 4v4 (include all games) and a social BTB (include all games)

And sometimes when people quit its not on purpose. Like I was playing multiplayer a little bit and the internet where I live kept dying. And it wasn’t just me it was a lot of people in my area. Plus some people just have -Yoink- connection but i do agree they need to fix this!

> 2533274819030582;2:
> Yes ban players that are not having fun in unfair matches. That should teach them that this is Halo, not Fun.

Regardless if the match is unfair or not they should be banned for quitting. Your intentions of going into matchmaking should be I’ma play a game win or lose not I’m going to quit if I’m not winning an having my way.

You can’t make people play the way you want them to. What’s the big deal? If they quit, you win! And then you can go right into a new game. I don’t have a problem with the whole other team quitting, if they do then awesome! Makes me feel good about the way I played. I admit to quitting if say I’m playing an objective match (let’s say Multi Flag) and my whole team is playing offensively while leaving me alone to defend. If the other team scores twice and my whole team is still only going for the flag, then yeah I’m going to quit because at that point it’s just a waste of time. Still counts as a loss, my rank will go down when ranking is released but that’s my decision. Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it can be frustrating. But that’s how Halo works. If quitters annoy you that much, play CoD because this is the way it’s worked for the past decade.

And remember, they paid 60$ the same way you and I did. Why shouldn’t they be able to play it online? Because they’re not holding up to YOUR standards? No way

Most of the “quitters” just seem to actualy be getting auto-kicked by the crappy servers

> 2533274821192138;6:
> You can’t make people play the way you want them to. What’s the big deal? If they quit, you win! And then you can go right into a new game. I don’t have a problem with the whole other team quitting, if they do then awesome! Makes me feel good about the way I played. I admit to quitting if say I’m playing an objective match (let’s say Multi Flag) and my whole team is playing offensively while leaving me alone to defend. If the other team scores twice and my whole team is still only going for the flag, then yeah I’m going to quit because at that point it’s just a waste of time. Still counts as a loss, my rank will go down when ranking is released but that’s my decision. Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it can be frustrating. But that’s how Halo works. If quitters annoy you that much, play CoD because this is the way it’s worked for the past decade.
>
> And remember, they paid 60$ the same way you and I did. Why shouldn’t they be able to play it online? Because they’re not holding up to YOUR standards? No way

Make people play the way I want them to play? I seriously think you’re trying to troll with this post, here is the thing “Stretch” people quit out when they’re losing an not getting there way probably something you do to since you’re against my post. What do you mean that’s how its worked for the past decade? There has been a quit penalty in every Halo game except Halo 4 and now MCC… More like 2 and a half years and lol telling me to go play CoD that’s your excuse for quitting? That’s pathetic. An yeah bro I get it you pay $60 for campaign an to quit Matchmaking games. GG.

> 2533274809464609;8:
> > 2533274831708622;6:
> > You can’t make people play the way you want them to. What’s the big deal? If they quit, you win! And then you can go right into a new game. I don’t have a problem with the whole other team quitting, if they do then awesome! Makes me feel good about the way I played. I admit to quitting if say I’m playing an objective match (let’s say Multi Flag) and my whole team is playing offensively while leaving me alone to defend. If the other team scores twice and my whole team is still only going for the flag, then yeah I’m going to quit because at that point it’s just a waste of time. Still counts as a loss, my rank will go down when ranking is released but that’s my decision. Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it can be frustrating. But that’s how Halo works. If quitters annoy you that much, play CoD because this is the way it’s worked for the past decade.
> >
> > And remember, they paid 60$ the same way you and I did. Why shouldn’t they be able to play it online? Because they’re not holding up to YOUR standards? No way
>
>
>
> Make people play the way I want them to play? I seriously think you’re trying to troll with this post, here is the thing “Stretch” people quit out when they’re losing an not getting there way probably something you do to since you’re against my post. What do you mean that’s how its worked for the past decade? There has been a quit penalty in every Halo game except Halo 4 and now MCC… More like 2 and a half years and lol telling me to go play CoD that’s your excuse for quitting? That’s pathetic. An yeah bro I get it you pay $60 for campaign an to quit Matchmaking games. GG.

And it’s their damn right to quit if they’re not enjoying the match. And halo 2 didnt have a quitting penalty other than ranking down, which MCC will have. You can call me a troll all you want, I was respectful with my post.

> 2533274831708622;9:
> > 2533274809464609;8:
> > > 2533274831708622;6:
> > > You can’t make people play the way you want them to. What’s the big deal? If they quit, you win! And then you can go right into a new game. I don’t have a problem with the whole other team quitting, if they do then awesome! Makes me feel good about the way I played. I admit to quitting if say I’m playing an objective match (let’s say Multi Flag) and my whole team is playing offensively while leaving me alone to defend. If the other team scores twice and my whole team is still only going for the flag, then yeah I’m going to quit because at that point it’s just a waste of time. Still counts as a loss, my rank will go down when ranking is released but that’s my decision. Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it can be frustrating. But that’s how Halo works. If quitters annoy you that much, play CoD because this is the way it’s worked for the past decade.
> > >
> > > And remember, they paid 60$ the same way you and I did. Why shouldn’t they be able to play it online? Because they’re not holding up to YOUR standards? No way
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Make people play the way I want them to play? I seriously think you’re trying to troll with this post, here is the thing “Stretch” people quit out when they’re losing an not getting there way probably something you do to since you’re against my post. What do you mean that’s how its worked for the past decade? There has been a quit penalty in every Halo game except Halo 4 and now MCC… More like 2 and a half years and lol telling me to go play CoD that’s your excuse for quitting? That’s pathetic. An yeah bro I get it you pay $60 for campaign an to quit Matchmaking games. GG.
>
>
> And it’s their damn right to quit if they’re not enjoying the match. And halo 2 didnt have a quitting penalty other than ranking down, which MCC will have. You can call me a troll all you want, I was respectful with my post.

Ranked is all you need… People quit and they stay at garbage levels. Once you break through the trash, the trash goes away

> 2533274831708622;6:
> You can’t make people play the way you want them to. What’s the big deal? If they quit, you win! And then you can go right into a new game. I don’t have a problem with the whole other team quitting, if they do then awesome! Makes me feel good about the way I played. I admit to quitting if say I’m playing an objective match (let’s say Multi Flag) and my whole team is playing offensively while leaving me alone to defend. If the other team scores twice and my whole team is still only going for the flag, then yeah I’m going to quit because at that point it’s just a waste of time. Still counts as a loss, my rank will go down when ranking is released but that’s my decision. Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it can be frustrating. But that’s how Halo works. If quitters annoy you that much, play CoD because this is the way it’s worked for the past decade.
>
> And remember, they paid 60$ the same way you and I did. Why shouldn’t they be able to play it online? Because they’re not holding up to YOUR standards? No way

If the whole team quits, you’re right, not a big deal. If it’s a 4v4 and it becomes a 4v1, then it’s a bigger deal. A game that could have finished up quickly now has to take the entirety of the allotted time in most cases. And I don’t feel good, I feel cheated, and you’re only doing yourself a disservice. Nobody ever got better by quitting against a better team. An occasional rage quit I might understand, we’ve all been there, but casually quitting whenever you “think” you may lose, that’s pathetic. That’s NOT “the way Halo works”. Halo is about the big comebacks, being down 2-0 in CTF and bringing it back 3-2 in a crazy victory. And you have it completely backwards, quitters play CoD because it has JIP, there is no JIP in Halo, so if you quit you ruin EVERYONE’S game. We all payed the money to play this game together as a community, so stop being selfish and quitting because the game wasn’t going YOUR way.

Drops Mic