PLEASE ADJUST THE PLASMA PISTOL COMMENDATION

I’m adding this post because I haven’t seen any other posts in the forums about this issue and it is extremely frustrating. I love Recon armor. I always have. Halo 3, Halo Reach, and I especially love the sleek, -Yoink!- redesign in Halo 4. I would love to get the second Recon helmet with the skin but I have to have Covenant Loadout Mastery. Now for some reason they require kills with the Plasma Pistol, as opposed to EMP Assists. There is a specific medal for EMP Assists so I don’t know why 343 doesn’t just make the commendation require EMP Assists instead of kills. I know getting kills with the Plasma Pistol isn’t impossible, but its very frustrating and I hope 343 changes the requirements for the commendation in the upcoming Title Update. Does anyone else feel the same way as me? Does anyone know an easier way to get Plasma Pistol kills? Thanks

I hope they change it too. The Mongoose destroyer commendation is impossible too, because the driver always dies before it actually blows up.

That is also very true. With all the issues with unbalancing in weapons I hope 343 doesn’t lose sight of several of the other issues that could use a little fine tuning

I have 6 kills with the PP. at that rate it’ll just be another 10 years or so.

I have mastered it and it took a lot of effort to do. If they lower the requirement it would belittle my achievement.
343, do not change it! Stay strong in the face of this adversity. Leave the plasma pistol commendation alone!(Please lower the mongoose one though as that’s just ridiculous).
EDIT: (in relation to later posts) I was only joking about the Mongoose commendation!

No! Never adjust that I already got PP comendation to master it was a hell. I won’t be happy if after all my efort they just make it easy. just wouln’t be fair!

They best way i can thing of doing this is the Dexterity perk, Drop their shields and then quickly spam your nasty hot Plasma all over their face!

Same here.

440 kills to complete, but it’s still unbearable!

> I’m adding this post because I haven’t seen any other posts in the forums about this issue and it is extremely frustrating. I love Recon armor. I always have. Halo 3, Halo Reach, and I especially love the sleek, -Yoink!- redesign in Halo 4. I would love to get the second Recon helmet with the skin but I have to have Covenant Loadout Mastery. Now for some reason they require kills with the Plasma Pistol, as opposed to EMP Assists. There is a specific medal for EMP Assists so I don’t know why 343 doesn’t just make the commendation require EMP Assists instead of kills. I know getting kills with the Plasma Pistol isn’t impossible, but its very frustrating and I hope 343 changes the requirements for the commendation in the upcoming Title Update. Does anyone else feel the same way as me? Does anyone know an easier way to get Plasma Pistol kills? Thanks

Gather some friends, sign in some guest, go into matchmaking with a full party so you won’t disturb other players. tell your friends to equip the type of weapon you want to get kills with to their guest loadouts, so you can pick up the ammo/weapon when you run out. When the game starts, boost the FK out. You’re still working to max out the plasma pistol commendation cause it’s still gonna take you a while to get those kills. I even gave up on it.

Note: Boosting won’t make you any better at the game nor make your weapons more powerful, so you shouldn’t get any complaints. Since you bought the game and not hurting anyone, it’s legit…except your K/D.

If I have a full party in matchmaking for that many games wouldn’t I get banned?

< Mastered O_o

It’s really not that bad.

> I have mastered it and it took a lot of effort to do. If they lower the requirement it would belittle my achievement.
> 343, do not change it! Stay strong in the face of this adversity. Leave the plasma pistol commendation alone! (Please lower the mongoose one though as that’s just ridiculous).

Just because you had enough time and got the right conditions to achieve mastery of it, doesn’t mean everyone else does. It should be brought down to a reasonable level, for everyone else that can’t afford spend the time and effort to achieve such a ludicrous feat.

Also, if you say one crazy thing shouldn’t be changed, but another should, then you’re just crazy.

I posted my opinion about this a week ago - add a Paintball playlist. Plasma Pistol and Storm Rifle commendations just got a whole lot easier.

> > I have mastered it and it took a lot of effort to do. If they lower the requirement it would belittle my achievement.
> > 343, do not change it! Stay strong in the face of this adversity. Leave the plasma pistol commendation alone! (Please lower the mongoose one though as that’s just ridiculous).
>
> Just because you had enough time and got the right conditions to achieve mastery of it, doesn’t mean everyone else does. It should be brought down to a reasonable level, for everyone else that can’t afford spend the time and effort to achieve such a ludicrous feat.
>
> Also, if you say one crazy thing shouldn’t be changed, but another should, then you’re just crazy.

It should not be changed for all of us who already got it would be totally unfair besides everyone who has it is proff that it is possible if noone had gotten it by now it would be a good reason to change it.

> > > I have mastered it and it took a lot of effort to do. If they lower the requirement it would belittle my achievement.
> > > 343, do not change it! Stay strong in the face of this adversity. Leave the plasma pistol commendation alone! (Please lower the mongoose one though as that’s just ridiculous).
> >
> > Just because you had enough time and got the right conditions to achieve mastery of it, doesn’t mean everyone else does. It should be brought down to a reasonable level, for everyone else that can’t afford spend the time and effort to achieve such a ludicrous feat.
> >
> > Also, if you say one crazy thing shouldn’t be changed, but another should, then you’re just crazy.
>
> It should not be changed for all of us who already got it would be totally unfair besides everyone who has it is proff that it is possible if noone had gotten it by now it would be a good reason to change it.

So, we shouldn’t change it because 1-2% of the population will be upset? It’s not about it being impossible, it’s that it is a ridiculous thing for most people to try.

We shouldn’t have to devote a week or more of our lives solely to getting ONE commendation!

> > > > I have mastered it and it took a lot of effort to do. If they lower the requirement it would belittle my achievement.
> > > > 343, do not change it! Stay strong in the face of this adversity. Leave the plasma pistol commendation alone! (Please lower the mongoose one though as that’s just ridiculous).
> > >
> > > Just because you had enough time and got the right conditions to achieve mastery of it, doesn’t mean everyone else does. It should be brought down to a reasonable level, for everyone else that can’t afford spend the time and effort to achieve such a ludicrous feat.
> > >
> > > Also, if you say one crazy thing shouldn’t be changed, but another should, then you’re just crazy.
> >
> > It should not be changed for all of us who already got it would be totally unfair besides everyone who has it is proff that it is possible if noone had gotten it by now it would be a good reason to change it.
>
> So, we shouldn’t change it because 1-2% of the population will be upset? It’s not about it being impossible, it’s that it is a ridiculous thing for most people to try.
>
> We shouldn’t have to devote a week or more of our lives solely to getting ONE commendation!

And how long is it going to take you to master your FRG? Mongoose destroyer? Flood victories? Executions? Crawler snipers?

One thing I wish they would adjust is in spartan ops and campaign. In reach elites could jump on your warthog and throw you out and either drive it or hop on the gunner and shoot at you. In halo 4 they don’t do this, instead they kick you out or off of your vehicle then jump down and continue to shoot you. Why can’t they drive human vehicles?

As for the mongoose commendation if we had a rocket race gametype this would make it a whole lot easier, even if it wasn’t rocket race but we had consussion rifles or frgs. Everything has to be as hard as possible in halo 4, but hard doesn’t necessarily mean fun.

> > > > > I have mastered it and it took a lot of effort to do. If they lower the requirement it would belittle my achievement.
> > > > > 343, do not change it! Stay strong in the face of this adversity. Leave the plasma pistol commendation alone! (Please lower the mongoose one though as that’s just ridiculous).
> > > >
> > > > Just because you had enough time and got the right conditions to achieve mastery of it, doesn’t mean everyone else does. It should be brought down to a reasonable level, for everyone else that can’t afford spend the time and effort to achieve such a ludicrous feat.
> > > >
> > > > Also, if you say one crazy thing shouldn’t be changed, but another should, then you’re just crazy.
> > >
> > > It should not be changed for all of us who already got it would be totally unfair besides everyone who has it is proff that it is possible if noone had gotten it by now it would be a good reason to change it.
> >
> > So, we shouldn’t change it because 1-2% of the population will be upset? It’s not about it being impossible, it’s that it is a ridiculous thing for most people to try.
> >
> > We shouldn’t have to devote a week or more of our lives solely to getting ONE commendation!
>
> And how long is it going to take you to master your FRG? Mongoose destroyer? Flood victories? Executions? Crawler snipers?

FRG if you mean Frag granade its already mastered got it while getting PP
The other ones I don’t know when but aren’t DAT hard only Flood victtory is kind hard. and Crawler snipers can be farmed

> > > > > I have mastered it and it took a lot of effort to do. If they lower the requirement it would belittle my achievement.
> > > > > 343, do not change it! Stay strong in the face of this adversity. Leave the plasma pistol commendation alone! (Please lower the mongoose one though as that’s just ridiculous).
> > > >
> > > > Just because you had enough time and got the right conditions to achieve mastery of it, doesn’t mean everyone else does. It should be brought down to a reasonable level, for everyone else that can’t afford spend the time and effort to achieve such a ludicrous feat.
> > > >
> > > > Also, if you say one crazy thing shouldn’t be changed, but another should, then you’re just crazy.
> > >
> > > It should not be changed for all of us who already got it would be totally unfair besides everyone who has it is proff that it is possible if noone had gotten it by now it would be a good reason to change it.
> >
> > So, we shouldn’t change it because 1-2% of the population will be upset? It’s not about it being impossible, it’s that it is a ridiculous thing for most people to try.
> >
> > We shouldn’t have to devote a week or more of our lives solely to getting ONE commendation!
>
> And how long is it going to take you to master your FRG? Mongoose destroyer? Flood victories? Executions? Crawler snipers?

There’s a difference between using something that’s really difficult and common, and something that’s rare, but really easy.

> > > I have mastered it and it took a lot of effort to do. If they lower the requirement it would belittle my achievement.
> > > 343, do not change it! Stay strong in the face of this adversity. Leave the plasma pistol commendation alone! (Please lower the mongoose one though as that’s just ridiculous).
> >
> > Just because you had enough time and got the right conditions to achieve mastery of it, doesn’t mean everyone else does. It should be brought down to a reasonable level, for everyone else that can’t afford spend the time and effort to achieve such a ludicrous feat.
> >
> > Also, if you say one crazy thing shouldn’t be changed, but another should, then you’re just crazy.
>
> It should not be changed for all of us who already got it would be totally unfair besides everyone who has it is proff that it is possible if noone had gotten it by now it would be a good reason to change it.

By that logic, then 343i should revert the challenge pay-outs back to about 5,000 XP, and not 10,000-20,000 seeing as when I was trying to achieve SR-130, the challenges were worth less.
I commend you and all who have achieved mastery with the PP, but to not be so self serving in saying that it should not be changed since YOU got it mastered.