Please add the option to avoid people

Gets real tiring going into matches and constantly running into people that just stand around and barely move so they don’t get kicked and offer no help to the team what so ever. They get no kills and act like they are 2 years old while moving. Please for the love of god 343 add the option in game to avoid those people. It would just be a simple option when you go to their profile that says avoid this player in matchmaking.

More than half my matches consist of 2 out of my 4 team mates who just sit there and walk in circles doing nothing.

1 Like

I just would like to avoid blocked people; if I block someone is because I do not want to play with him.

Keep in mind that it would also affect good players as well because there will be people who don’t want to match them either and then it ends up with even more people not being able to find games.

> 2533274828821864;1:
> Gets real tiring going into matches and constantly running into people that just stand around and barely move so they don’t get kicked and offer no help to the team what so ever. They get no kills and act like they are 2 years old while moving. Please for the love of god 343 add the option in game to avoid those people. It would just be a simple option when you go to their profile that says avoid this player in matchmaking.
>
> More than half my matches consist of 2 out of my 4 team mates who just sit there and walk in circles doing nothing.

This. Please 343.

> 2533274830219412;2:
> I just would like to avoid blocked people; if I block someone is because I do not want to play with him.

An option to block someone in game would be nice as well

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2727626560040591;3:
> Keep in mind that it would also affect good players as well because there will be people who don’t want to match them either and then it ends up with even more people not being able to find games.

I’d rather it take longer to get into a match then basically end up fighting a 2 on 4 or a 1 on 4 match while the other team gets massive amounts of free points off my teammates who just stand around.

1 Like

> 2533274830219412;2:
> I just would like to avoid blocked people; if I block someone is because I do not want to play with him.

I have no idea why -Yoink!- thought it wise to remove the “avoid” system in place that allowed you to avoid playing with certain people after reporting them. Hell, I miss the “lack of skill” option, where it wouldn’t effect their reputation, but you’d still be able to avoid them so you won’t get matched with them again.

The ‘in-game’ blocking system would be great. Of course it would affect also good players, and of course it may be a little difficult to make it true for a low populated game like mcc.

One thing came to my mind about good players being affected by this: I play mostly BTB and ‘good players’ ( the strongest ones ) use to quit if their team sucks. I saw many many times very good player, with a ratio of 3 or even more, quit after 30 sec because their team started loosig heavily.

I would block them as well, because I just can’t stand the ‘I’m good against noobs’ strategy to keep up the ratio.

That is what MCC need… Less population. Cheers

> 2533274812471748;9:
> That is what MCC need… Less population. Cheers

Right. Because being constantly put into games where half your team is AFK or walking into a wall is gonna really bring people back. You ever think it’s what drove people away to begin with? Cause honesty I’m about done with it as well. At least the MP.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274830219412;8:
> The ‘in-game’ blocking system would be great. Of course it would affect also good players, and of course it may be a little difficult to make it true for a low populated game like mcc.
>
> One thing came to my mind about good players being affected by this: I play mostly BTB and ‘good players’ ( the strongest ones ) use to quit if their team sucks. I saw many many times very good player, with a ratio of 3 or even more, quit after 30 sec because their team started loosig heavily.
>
> I would block them as well, because I just can’t stand the ‘I’m good against noobs’ strategy to keep up the ratio.

Yeah I’d probably block them as well. Cause I’ll stay in a game if we are losing. As long as everyone is actually playing and trying then I’m good. The times I really have a big issue is when half if not all of my team say on swat is running into a wall or just standing there and honestly it’s been happening more and more and I really am just fed up with it at this point.

> 2533274828821864;10:
> > 2533274812471748;9:
> > That is what MCC need… Less population. Cheers
>
> Right. Because being constantly put into games where half your team is AFK or walking into a wall is gonna really bring people back. You ever think it’s what drove people away to begin with? Cause honesty I’m about done with it as well. At least the MP.

I’m not sure if an “avoid player” option is the right solution, but something’s gotta be done about all these AFK players and quitters. There’s already a ban system in place for those who quit, so I suppose we just have to hope that people get the message over time. But for AFK players, I just don’t understand how there are so many of them, and why they’re AFK in the first place.

There’s no ranking or progression in social games, no XP or Credit system to unlock armor and all that stuff. So why are they going into matchmaking if they’re just going to set the controller down? I think that people either don’t know that they have to actively back out of matchmaking after a game is finished, or they don’t realize that they can pick which games they want to play, and so they just refuse to play when they get something they dislike.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I just have fun playing the game. Some of my teams are good, some are bad, sometimes we win, sometimes we lose.

That’s how life works. Plus, if you want no one to quit you can just form your own party of like-minded people using existing functionality.

> 2533274796134361;13:
> Maybe I’m in the minority, but I just have fun playing the game. Some of my teams are good, some are bad, sometimes we win, sometimes we lose.
>
> That’s how life works. Plus, if you want no one to quit you can just form your own party of like-minded people using existing functionality.

If we lose we lose. That’s not the issue. The issue is getting put into a match and it already be a losing match because your team is AFK or running into a wall and it basically being a 1 on 4. That’s not fun. If I had a full team and we were all playing then it would be, but getting put into a 1 on 4 while the rest of your team runs in a circle or into a wall isn’t.

> 2533274828821864;14:
> > 2533274796134361;13:
> > Maybe I’m in the minority, but I just have fun playing the game. Some of my teams are good, some are bad, sometimes we win, sometimes we lose.
> >
> > That’s how life works. Plus, if you want no one to quit you can just form your own party of like-minded people using existing functionality.
>
> If we lose we lose. That’s not the issue. The issue is getting put into a match and it already be a losing match because your team is AFK or running into a wall and it basically being a 1 on 4. That’s not fun. If I had a full team and we were all playing then it would be, but getting put into a 1 on 4 while the rest of your team runs in a circle or into a wall isn’t.

So put up an LFG post and find a squad. They already prevent AFK players from queueing back into matchmaking, and boot AFK players from the match.

Avoiding them doesn’t really fix anything. It’s easier, faster, and more effective to just build your own party. Use the LFG tool on Xbox.

> 2533274796134361;15:
> > 2533274828821864;14:
> > > 2533274796134361;13:
> > > Maybe I’m in the minority, but I just have fun playing the game. Some of my teams are good, some are bad, sometimes we win, sometimes we lose.
> > >
> > > That’s how life works. Plus, if you want no one to quit you can just form your own party of like-minded people using existing functionality.
> >
> > If we lose we lose. That’s not the issue. The issue is getting put into a match and it already be a losing match because your team is AFK or running into a wall and it basically being a 1 on 4. That’s not fun. If I had a full team and we were all playing then it would be, but getting put into a 1 on 4 while the rest of your team runs in a circle or into a wall isn’t.
>
> So put up an LFG post and find a squad. They already prevent AFK players from queueing back into matchmaking, and boot AFK players from the match.
>
> Avoiding them doesn’t really fix anything. It’s easier, faster, and more effective to just build your own party. Use the LFG tool on Xbox.

I’ve tried, but a lot of those teams don’t want to stay in a group for long since I don’t have a mic.

I don’t think it’s a good idea. The kind of players who are very unskilled don’t play very often and chances are you’ll never match against them anyway. I play quite a bit and I’ve come to recognize gamer tags who I have played many times in multiplayer. I could list off 50 names who play BTB regularly. These kind of players are anywhere from average to really good. The option to avoid would be abused by people who are salty about losing and block the playlist regulars who are better than them. This would especially be a real problem in ranked.