Please add the Mac Cannon in Halo 4 multiplayer

Is would be really cool. Lets say, for 1 flag CTF, the defending base has a 1 Mac cannon to defend with, but it can be destroyed with 4 rockets. and it cant respawn.

this would be an awesome addition to CTF but they should make sure its balanced and i would be good

A MAC cannon CAN’T be balanced. Terrible idea.

I think it should only be featured as a placeable object in Forge and Customs. It would be far too overpowered in Matchmaking, but I would love to screw around with it while building a map.

Obvious troll is (still) obvious.

It’s just M.A.C. Not M.A.C. cannon…

Magnetic Accelerator Cannon (cannon)

> It’s just M.A.C. Not M.A.C. cannon…
>
> Magnetic Accelerator Cannon (cannon)

Haha yeah what he said

I don’t even want to think about all the 12 year olds fighting over the damn thing, yet alone how imbalanced that would be.

are you trolling?? a MAC IN MULTIPLAYER>???

A MAC CAN RIP THROUGH ENTIRE SPACESHIPS!!! THATS CRAZY!

the Mini-MAC Warthog is devastating enough! think of what it could do if it was 10x more powerfull!

So you mean the ability to use a Target Locater in matchmaking?

That would be hectic overpowered.

Wait. Do you mean the Gauss Turrets seen in ODST?

> So you mean the ability to use a Target Locater in matchmaking?
>
> That would be hectic overpowered.

target locator does not = MAC. think of something 10x more devastating

> Wait. Do you mean the Gauss Turrets seen in ODST?

oohhohohohonono my friend… those are watered-down pissy versions of the MAC. read my past couple of posts.

I’d like it to come into play as a map-boundary killer. Like Snowbound’s auto turrets or Sandtrap’s mines.

> > Wait. Do you mean the Gauss Turrets seen in ODST?
>
> oohhohohohonono my friend… those are watered-down pissy versions of the MAC. read my past couple of posts.

I know what a MAC is. I’m just wondering if the OP may have gotten mixed up.

> > So you mean the ability to use a Target Locater in matchmaking?
> >
> > That would be hectic overpowered.
>
> target locator does not = MAC. think of something 10x more devastating

Um yeah, I know what a MAC round is capable of. It just didn’t make sense… So I came up with a slightly more sensible idea. And that is the ability to use a Target Locater in Matchmaking, though I’ve no idea how it could be balanced. MAC support would never work. Using a MAC round in atmosphere in Reach was probably one of the first times such an occurrence had occurred.

P.S.

And I also wondered if he may have gotten the two mixed up.

> > Wait. Do you mean the Gauss Turrets seen in ODST?
>
> oohhohohohonono my friend… those are watered-down pissy versions of the MAC. read my past couple of posts.

A single MAC round would destroy a Covenant ship’s shield, crumple its hull like tissue paper, and still have quite a punch when it came out on the other side. The Gauss is already overpowered as it is. And it wasn’t just ODST.

> > > So you mean the ability to use a Target Locater in matchmaking?
> > >
> > > That would be hectic overpowered.
> >
> > target locator does not = MAC. think of something 10x more devastating
>
> Um yeah, I know what a MAC round is capable of. It just didn’t make sense… So I came up with a slightly more sensible idea. And that is the ability to use a Target Locater in Matchmaking, though I’ve no idea how it could be balanced. MAC support would never work. Using a MAC round in atmosphere in Reach was probably one of the first times such an occurrence had occurred.
>
> P.S.
>
> And I also wondered if he may have gotten the two mixed up.

no, in fact i thought you were mixed up. but its all straightened out now.

Game start

Rushes to MAC

Fires

Announcer: “Double kill, Triple kill, Overkill, Killtacular, Killtrocity, Killimanjaro, Killtastrophe, Extermination, Killing Spree, First Strike, MAC Killing Spree!”

Entire enemy team rage quits

Yeah. A MAC could NEVER be balanced.

> > > Wait. Do you mean the Gauss Turrets seen in ODST?
> >
> > oohhohohohonono my friend… those are watered-down pissy versions of the MAC. read my past couple of posts.
>
> A single MAC round would destroy a Covenant ship’s shield, crumple its hull like tissue paper, and still have quite a punch when it came out on the other side. The Gauss is already overpowered as it is. And it wasn’t just ODST.

A super-MAC could do that, but a regular one (such as the one’s seen on UNSC ships) would be more likely to just cause it’s shields to flare.

> A MAC cannon CAN’T be balanced. Terrible idea.

Well if you give it to everyone and everyone spawns with it then it’s balanced, just like armor lock.

/sarcasm