PLEASE!! Add CE weapons to Anniversary maps!

yes! thats the only thing we need to get the full CE experience, the ultra OP weapons (obviously these would be in use on the dedicated playlist) those weapons plus the Halo 2’s SMG, BR and Carbine
This would be the best thing that would have happened to the whole Halo Multiplayer!

You can’t add things in, to my understand, within the source code of Reach. With some games you can, but as I said, to my understanding, it doesn’t work that way with Reach, or any of the Xbox 360 Halo games.

Don’t take my word for it though, as I’m not too sure on its validity on this subject.

> You can’t add things in, to my understand, within the source code of Reach. With some games you can, but as I said, to my understanding, it doesn’t work that way with Reach, or any of the Xbox 360 Halo games.
>
> Don’t take my word for it though, as I’m not too sure on its validity on this subject.

actually Weapons, Armor, Vehicles, Forge Objects and all that stuff can be added to new maps!! and it has already been proven over the years

> You can’t add things in, to my understand, within the source code of Reach. With some games you can, but as I said, to my understanding, it doesn’t work that way with Reach, or any of the Xbox 360 Halo games.
>
> Don’t take my word for it though, as I’m not too sure on its validity on this subject.

You can edit their looks and sounds (odst) but i wonder if you can alter their ammo. I cant see why not. You can also add stuff like zooming and damage changes (again odst). It is defiantly possible to add to new maps, though i doubt they will.

he’s right, think about avalanche in Halo 3. it came with snow camo painted vehicles and a hornet that had no rockets because the hornet w/ rockets overpowerd the map, Sandtrap. That’s just the first example i could think of.

Maybe it’s possible… And maybe 343 will make us a surprise, uh ? If it’s possible to add new weapons… I don’t really know. But it won’t bother me if we just use the MA37 instead of the MA5B, etc. And remember, Frankie said that Combat Evolved’s pistol would be overpowered…

> > You can’t add things in, to my understand, within the source code of Reach. With some games you can, but as I said, to my understanding, it doesn’t work that way with Reach, or any of the Xbox 360 Halo games.
> >
> > Don’t take my word for it though, as I’m not too sure on its validity on this subject.
>
> You can edit their looks and sounds (odst) but i wonder if you can alter their ammo. I cant see why not. You can also add stuff like zooming and damage changes (again odst). It is defiantly possible to add to new maps, though i doubt they will.

No no, not altering the weapons, but adding new ones! for example, in the forge you can select the Magnum and the M6G Magnum (CE’s one) or the MA37 AR and the MA5B AR, so the normal weapons can still be used for matches in normal matchmaking!

> > > You can’t add things in, to my understand, within the source code of Reach. With some games you can, but as I said, to my understanding, it doesn’t work that way with Reach, or any of the Xbox 360 Halo games.
> > >
> > > Don’t take my word for it though, as I’m not too sure on its validity on this subject.
> >
> > You can edit their looks and sounds (odst) but i wonder if you can alter their ammo. I cant see why not. You can also add stuff like zooming and damage changes (again odst). It is defiantly possible to add to new maps, though i doubt they will.
>
> No no, not altering the weapons, but adding new ones! for example, in the forge you can select the Magnum and the M6G Magnum (CE’s one) or the MA37 AR and the MA5B AR, so the normal weapons can still be used for matches in normal matchmaking!

What i meant is something like using the reach ar as a base, then upping the ammo, changing the look a bit, and changing the sound and damage. Then add it as a new option.

> > > > You can’t add things in, to my understand, within the source code of Reach. With some games you can, but as I said, to my understanding, it doesn’t work that way with Reach, or any of the Xbox 360 Halo games.
> > > >
> > > > Don’t take my word for it though, as I’m not too sure on its validity on this subject.
> > >
> > > You can edit their looks and sounds (odst) but i wonder if you can alter their ammo. I cant see why not. You can also add stuff like zooming and damage changes (again odst). It is defiantly possible to add to new maps, though i doubt they will.
> >
> > No no, not altering the weapons, but adding new ones! for example, in the forge you can select the Magnum and the M6G Magnum (CE’s one) or the MA37 AR and the MA5B AR, so the normal weapons can still be used for matches in normal matchmaking!
>
> What i meant is something like using the reach ar as a base, then upping the ammo, changing the look a bit, and changing the sound and damage. Then add it as a new option.

I think it would be funnier to have both assault rifles at a time in customs… or both magnums, or DMR and BR!

As for right now, I don’t see a point to adding super OP weapons to the multiplayer, I think it would be fine the way it is, but I wouldn’t be against the return of dual SMGs though.

> > > > > You can’t add things in, to my understand, within the source code of Reach. With some games you can, but as I said, to my understanding, it doesn’t work that way with Reach, or any of the Xbox 360 Halo games.
> > > > >
> > > > > Don’t take my word for it though, as I’m not too sure on its validity on this subject.
> > > >
> > > > You can edit their looks and sounds (odst) but i wonder if you can alter their ammo. I cant see why not. You can also add stuff like zooming and damage changes (again odst). It is defiantly possible to add to new maps, though i doubt they will.
> > >
> > > No no, not altering the weapons, but adding new ones! for example, in the forge you can select the Magnum and the M6G Magnum (CE’s one) or the MA37 AR and the MA5B AR, so the normal weapons can still be used for matches in normal matchmaking!
> >
> > What i meant is something like using the reach ar as a base, then upping the ammo, changing the look a bit, and changing the sound and damage. Then add it as a new option.
>
> I think it would be funnier to have both assault rifles at a time in customs… or both magnums, or DMR and BR!

Which is why i said a new option (another option) instead of as the only option.

> As for right now, I don’t see a point to adding super OP weapons to the multiplayer, I think it would be fine the way it is, but I wouldn’t be against the return of dual SMGs though.

is for bringing a special and ultra classic feeling to Halo, weapons without bloom, weapons that makes lots of damage like in CE, weapons that remind us about how it was those days when almost no one complained about gameplay mechanics

I hope this gets seen by mods

> I hope this gets seen by mods

Here’s a way to guarantee it. 343 say they look at this thread for feedback. It’s official after all. lol :slight_smile:
Link

I want sandbox, foundry, and ratsnest.

> I want sandbox, foundry, and ratsnest.

I dont think bringing back sandbox and foundry would help even a little… but rat nest was a cool map, maybe is coming back :smiley:

> > As for right now, I don’t see a point to adding super OP weapons to the multiplayer, I think it would be fine the way it is, but I wouldn’t be against the return of dual SMGs though.
>
> is for bringing a special and ultra classic feeling to Halo, weapons without bloom, weapons that makes lots of damage like in CE, weapons that remind us about how it was those days when almost no one complained about gameplay mechanics

Noone complained in CE days because very few people back then didn’t have as good an understanding of the internet back then as they do now and even if they did they didn’t know where to go to complain.

> > > As for right now, I don’t see a point to adding super OP weapons to the multiplayer, I think it would be fine the way it is, but I wouldn’t be against the return of dual SMGs though.
> >
> > is for bringing a special and ultra classic feeling to Halo, weapons without bloom, weapons that makes lots of damage like in CE, weapons that remind us about how it was those days when almost no one complained about gameplay mechanics
>
> Noone complained in CE days because very few people back then didn’t have as good an understanding of the internet back then as they do now and even if they did they didn’t know where to go to complain.

I dont know… I have never seen something to complain about in CE, besides the 3 shot pistol… but I think people already complained about it

> > > > As for right now, I don’t see a point to adding super OP weapons to the multiplayer, I think it would be fine the way it is, but I wouldn’t be against the return of dual SMGs though.
> > >
> > > is for bringing a special and ultra classic feeling to Halo, weapons without bloom, weapons that makes lots of damage like in CE, weapons that remind us about how it was those days when almost no one complained about gameplay mechanics
> >
> > Noone complained in CE days because very few people back then didn’t have as good an understanding of the internet back then as they do now and even if they did they didn’t know where to go to complain.
>
> I dont know… I have never seen something to complain about in CE, besides the 3 shot pistol… but I think people already complained about it

Just because YOU specifically haven’t found an error and something wrong with the game doesn’t mean it could still be right from a different point of view. Besides, I think the time and money that would be used for CE weapons in Reach multiplayer could be better used to improve Halo 4. Yes CE was a great game and a flashback to the past is always nice but we need to keep pressing towards the future.