Please add a Locust in the next Halo!

The Locust would be so awesome to counter the mantis. But some changes do need to be made. I don’t know specifically other than making it an anti-vehicle/infantry than an anti-building mech.

YESYESYESYESYES!

It would be the closest thing to piloting a Scarab we’ll ever get and it would be amazing. Imagine the awesome gametypes like Locust Race! It should be much faster than the Mantis (with strafing) but slightly less powerfull. Just like the Wraith vs the Scorpion. And think about it for a second… The names are perfect! Locust and Mantis! I thinks it’s number one on my Halo 5 vehicle wishlist (just above a UNSC aircraft).

Maybe, it could be a Vehicle to replace Spartan Laser on some maps. It would be where the Locust spawns on the middle of the map where you need to have map control on and since its anti-vehicle from what I can remember, which ever team controls it can have a significant advantage over the opposite team. (Do to the fact you can pretty much destroy all their vehicles.)

EDIT: With that being said I think should have a Recharge System where it fires once and then has a 5 or 10 sec Recharge. (It still depends how powerful it is and however powerful it is also depends on its recharge time.) Locust

> YESYESYESYESYES!
>
> It would be the closest thing to piloting a Scarab we’ll ever get and it would be amazing. Imagine the awesome gametypes like Locust Race! It should be much faster than the Mantis (with strafing) but slightly less powerfull. Just like the Wraith vs the Scorpion. And think about it for a second… The names are perfect! <mark>Locust and Mantis</mark>! I thinks it’s number one on my Halo 5 vehicle wishlist (just above a UNSC aircraft).

Wow they sound like the perfect nemesis’s… (did i spell that right?) Anyway, now that OP brought the idea of vehicles from Halo Wars… I’m curious as to why we haven’t seen a Mark II Cyclops in-game… (besides Adrift)

In Halo Wars, two vehicles known as the Cobra and Wolverine are basically the same thing as the Gausshog and Rockethog.
I think we should replace the Gausshog with the Cobra, and the Rockethog with the Wolverine.
Anybody agree?

Absolutely!! It should make an FPS appearance (something I have been hoping for since first seeing them in Halo Wars). It would be a very useful and interesting vehicle to re-instate the threatening force of the Covenant. It wouldn’t be a “re-skinned Mantis” either, since it would fire a continuous beam and cannot move while shooting. If any “new” vehicle is to appear, I believe it should be the Locust.

> In Halo Wars, two vehicles known as the Cobra and Wolverine are basically the same thing as the Gausshog and Rockethog.
> I think we should replace the Gausshog with the Cobra, and the Rockethog with the Wolverine.
> Anybody agree?

if you put a Rocket launcher on a HUMVEE, would it be the same thing as a Modern-Day Anti-air Vehicle?

no

Rocket and Guass Hogs do different Jobs than Cobras and Wolves.

but anyway, this thread is about the Locust, i say add it in! it’s my favorite covenant vehicle, and another “mech”-like vehicle would be cool

Make it an anti armor vehicle, so it would be a good counter for tanks and such on BTB but bad at killing infantry, also make it very fragile so like 1 or 2 rockets could destroy it.