Please add a GOOD Classic playlist. [Long]

Well where do I begin? This game is dying and it needs a boost. I (personally) believe 343I is making a few steps in the right direction with the addition of CSR and the new title update seems rather promising thus far, but it simply isn’t enough. Halo 4 desperately needs a classic playlist, I cannot tell you how many times the new mechanics of Halo have ruined a otherwise enjoyable experience on this game.

By definition I would consider a classic playlist to have
. Halo 2-3 Jump height/ Movement
. No DMR/ forerunner weapons
. No Loadouts
. No Ordinance drops
. No sprint
. No AA’s
. Preset weapon spawn times and locations
. For nostalgic reasons, community made (or 343I)remakes of classic maps built specifically with a classic playlist in mind

Of course, this is a rather rough list and requires work to make refine it but that comes later. Now you may be wondering what the purpose of this playlist is? Well that is simple, it will be a home to many of players, old school, new school, tryhards, casuals, everybody and anybody can enjoy a classic playlist because it is the simple tried and true recipe that made Halo so successful in the past. Plus to players who started with a newer installment of the series (ie. Reach/ H4)it will be a whole new way to experience Halo, and share some good old nostalgia with the Halo veterans; many of whom are very against this new spin on Halo.

In conclusion I think a classic playlist would be a valuable addition to the current Halo 4 roster because it would bring something new to the table for players who started playing the series at a later installment. Such a playlist would also be a home for players who just aren’t ready to usher in the changes brought with Halo 4. This playlist has the potential to really help integrate the two “sides” of the Halo community and that is the key to re-building a strong, loyal, and sometimes rather devoted, fanbase that makes a series like Halo truly iconic.

Nothing is wrong with adding new weapons. If they are on map, then its ok, as long as the good weapons are in vulnerable spots and the decent weapons are in less vulnerable spots. We also don’t need classic maps, they would be nice, but the current maps with classic settings is all I’m asking for. Maps and weapons will always change, that I can accept, but when the core is changed that is something I cannot accept. Classic playlist doesn’t need to be 100% classic, just needs to play like a classic playlist.

> . No DMR/ forerunner weapons

Why?

> “Nothing is wrong with adding new weapons” -Personally I see a lot wrong with that, if it is a classic playlist it should stay as such. Personally I think the classic in Reach was Sup par (even for reach) mostly for this reason.
>
> “We also don’t need classic maps, they would be nice, but the current maps with classic settings is all I’m asking for.”
> -This I agree with 100%, I believe I even noted that classic maps would only be for a more nostalgic experience. It would play fine on slightly tweaked normal maps.
>
> " Classic playlist doesn’t need to be 100% classic, just needs to play like a classic playlist." -
> - Again, can’t agree with this point, well to an extent. I agree it doesn’t HAVE to be 100%, and it never could be. But I think it should be as close as they can make it. Why make a classic playlist that isn’t truly classic? To me that’s like only mowing half of the lawn; it just doesn’t make sense if you are going to do something do your best on it.

> > . No DMR/ forerunner weapons
>
> Why?

See above.

343 doesn’t care about the other Halos.
What makes you think they’ll listen to community pleas?
Although, since it is Halo 4, it is more likely they will listen to you rather then us in the other Halo game forums.

> 343 doesn’t care about the other Halos.
> What makes you think they’ll listen to community pleas?
> Although, since it is Halo 4, it is more likely they will listen to you rather then us in the other Halo game forums.

Well to be honest, I doubt a single person who works at 343I will ever read this, and it will mostly go on deaf ears, be skipped over, unread, and eventually lost and forgotten thousands of pages back on the forums never to be seen again. But hey, there won’t be any less of a classic playlist.

Also I would think a company like 343 would want to bring the huge audience back to Halo, mostly because their jobs kind of depend on the game selling well. But also just for the love of the game.

> > “Nothing is wrong with adding new weapons” -Personally I see a lot wrong with that, if it is a classic playlist it should stay as such. Personally I think the classic in Reach was Sup par (even for reach) mostly for this reason.
> >
> > “We also don’t need classic maps, they would be nice, but the current maps with classic settings is all I’m asking for.”
> > -This I agree with 100%, I believe I even noted that classic maps would only be for a more nostalgic experience. It would play fine on slightly tweaked normal maps.
> >
> > " Classic playlist doesn’t need to be 100% classic, just needs to play like a classic playlist." -
> > - Again, can’t agree with this point, well to an extent. I agree it doesn’t HAVE to be 100%, and it never could be. But I think it should be as close as they can make it. Why make a classic playlist that isn’t truly classic? To me that’s like only mowing half of the lawn; it just doesn’t make sense if you are going to do something do your best on it.
>
>
>
> > > . No DMR/ forerunner weapons
> >
> > Why?
>
> See above.

You never said classic in the OP. And even then, nearly none of the weapons in this game function like they did in any other previous Halo.

> You never said classic in the OP.

You just went full person bro, this whole thread is about a classic (otherwise known as vanilla, ya know because it is plain)playlist

> > You never said classic in the OP.
>
> You just went full person bro, this whole thread is about a classic (otherwise known as vanilla, ya know because it is plain)playlist

Vanilla is default.

Let’s be real here. They are probably not going to add a playlist that strips so much out. Personally I would really love to see what you suggested OP. I think that there has to be a middle ground. I think the game would be a lot more fun without instant respawn, AA’s, and no personal ordnance.

> > > You never said classic in the OP.
> >
> > You just went full person bro, this whole thread is about a classic (otherwise known as vanilla, ya know because it is plain)playlist
>
> Vanilla is default.

My apologies, I misinterpreted the meaning of Vanilla. I’ll edit the OP.

> Let’s be real here. They are probably not going to add a playlist that strips so much out. Personally I would really love to see what you suggested OP. I think that there has to be a middle ground. I think the game would be a lot more fun without instant respawn, AA’s, and no personal ordnance.

Yea I doubt it will ever happen but if we, the players, never voice our opinions then I don’t think we should ever complain about features we don’t like being added/ removed. Plus even if I’m the last reply this thread ever gets there won’t be any less of a Classic playlist.

So you’re saying it’s not classic if they add the new weapons? Imagine if Halo 2 had a playlist where weapons like the sword and other added weapons were not in it. Nobody would play it, you need the new weapons and the new maps, but it needs to play like the classic style.

> . No DMR/ forerunner weapons

No. As much as I hate the DMR, I’d prefer that they put it on the map in a Classic Halo game. And the Forerunner weapons should be put on the map.

> So you’re saying it’s not classic if they add the new weapons? Imagine if Halo 2 had a playlist where weapons like the sword and other added weapons were not in it. Nobody would play it, you need the new weapons and the new maps, but it needs to play like the classic style.

I feel like new weapons would destroy the whole purpose of the Classic playlist, I would love to be proven wrong.

> > . No DMR/ forerunner weapons
>
> No. As much as I hate the DMR, I’d prefer that they put it on the map in a Classic Halo game. And the Forerunner weapons should be put on the map.

May I ask why? Personally, I just can’t see the point in implementing a “Classic” playlist only to add in DMR/ Forerunner weapons. I could even stretch enough to see the DMR being reasonable after the new TU but I really can’t see a place for Forerunner weapons.

> > So you’re saying it’s not classic if they add the new weapons? Imagine if Halo 2 had a playlist where weapons like the sword and other added weapons were not in it. Nobody would play it, you need the new weapons and the new maps, but it needs to play like the classic style.
>
> I feel like new weapons would destroy the whole purpose of the Classic playlist, I would love to be proven wrong.
>
>
>
> > > . No DMR/ forerunner weapons
> >
> > No. As much as I hate the DMR, I’d prefer that they put it on the map in a Classic Halo game. And the Forerunner weapons should be put on the map.
>
> May I ask why? Personally, I just can’t see the point in implementing a “Classic” playlist only to add in DMR/ Forerunner weapons. I could even stretch enough to see the DMR being reasonable after the new TU but I really can’t see a place for Forerunner weapons.

Most of us want a Classic Playlist because of the gameplay mechanics not the weapons or the maps, even though they were great. Even if the TU wasn’t implemented the DMR would be fine, because nobody would spawn with it. The weapons don’t have to be equal if they are map pickups, that’s why Halo 4 needs balancing, because it’s no longer map pick ups but ordnance and loadouts. Every Halo game added weapons but still played the same, I want it to play the same in the classic playlist but have the added weapons in the map. If I didn’t want those I would just play Halo 3, which I sometimes do, I don’t want a 3rd copy of Halo 3 MM (Halo 3, ODST, Your Suggested Classic).

While I admire your courage to ask for Classic-style gametypes to be added in MM, I don’t entirely agree with completely removing DMR/Forerunner weapons, AAs, Ordnance etc… at least revert them to “pickups on the map”, like the Power Weapons & Equipment in H3, and perhaps a gametype with DMR starts can be available in the voting options.

Personally though, I’d much rather have this.

> While I admire your courage to ask for Classic-style gametypes to be added in MM, I don’t entirely agree with completely removing DMR/Forerunner weapons, AAs, Ordnance etc… at least revert them to “pickups on the map”, like the Power Weapons & Equipment in H3, and perhaps a gametype with DMR starts can be available in the voting options.
>
> Personally though, I’d much rather have this.

I didn’t follow the link, but it sounds like I agree with you. I think MOST (this is presumption, and i don’t pretend that there aren’t a thousand different minorities) of us aren’t looking for a “classic” play list. What we want is a regular team slayer play list as opposed to infinity slayer. I would be ok with it being implemented Reach style with armor abilities (I would prefer to have invis and promethean vision removed for flow reasons).

Reach took the tried and true Halo mechanics and added armor abilities. Halo 4 created an entirely new game for better or worse.

I suspect that there is a valid fear from 343 that implementing this would cut the player base down the middle like the TU did for Reach.

I agree with everything in the original post except the DMR/Forerunner weapons.

I mean, its not like Halo 3 excluded the Brute weapons from being placed on the map.

If we’re on a Forerunner themed map, there should be a few Forerunner weapons placed about.

And make the DMR singluar or at the very least only two placments of it, but have it on the map.

Hmmmmm, you all raise some good points about the DMR/ Forerunner weapons. After I get home from work I’ll re-write that part of the OP.

Just wondering, does anyone know if 343 has ever showed interest in adding a classic playlist or is it just kinda pushed under the rug?

> Hmmmmm, you all raise some good points about the DMR/ Forerunner weapons. After I get home from work I’ll re-write that part of the OP.
>
>
> Just wondering, does anyone know if 343 has ever showed interest in adding a classic playlist or is it just kinda pushed under the rug?

There has been speculation that “legendary slayer” will basically be replicating Halo Reach team slayer mechanics using the Halo 4 sandbox. I doubt they will go any farther back than that.