Please 343i open up the regionlock again :)

The Matchmaking experience has unfortunally been getting worse since the regionlock happend. I am from Sweden. The time it takes to find games (if I can find any at all, in FFA for example) feels like forever sometimes and then the quality of the games are really bad.(Player wise) Before the ranks-reset you could get in a match with big variety of ranks (and I’ve noticed that is the case now after the reset too). You end up playing the exact same people over and over again. Sadly, it makes the game not so fun to play. Everybody I have talked to feel the same way. They don’t care if the game lags when playing. We are used to play on american servers since we have played on their hosts in all the other Halo games.

Please 343, lets make the entire world play together again :slight_smile:

While i prefer not being put against people from the US and having lag (i’m from the UK) i do miss not having a region lock. Its killed my late night halo because it takes forever to find a match, so i just jump on another game instead.

It’s times like this that I wish there was a dislike button on this forum, you want to play in lag again? that’s all I’m hearing. If you want to play US players all you have to do is have one player from US in your party and I guarantee you’ll be selected for a US server. We spent months campaigning for 343i to fix the lag issues for EU in matchmaking and you want all the hard work to be for nothing so you can get games faster? Halo is a competitive game therefore connection needs to be fair between players.

Steve. There isn’t much of a competetive game if one can’t find any games. People in high onyx have a really hard time especially. Making them to create alternate accounts just to play at all. And it’s not that I WANT to play on US servers. I mean we all share the same rank, so we should be able to face eachother. If there is less people high ranked in EU (compared to US) than it takes forever to get games.

And the lag that is there is not gamebreaking. The servers themselfes are not as good when playing on EU servers too. I never felt that I could blame the loss in a match because of a US server. I just had to adapt and be smarter than my opponents.

EDIT: Respons to Steve further down (How come I can only make two posts a day?)

Yeah of course a setting that can be chosen would be best, but I rather have not a lock than a lock if they were the only two options. And I game mostly during evenings since I work during the days. But everyone that I have spoke to about it want it gone. And it is pretty widespread in the swedish community atleast. One guy on my friendslist even did an alt gamertag called REGION LOCK SUX because he couldn’t find any games. At all. When he searched solo. He tried for 1,5 hour just yesterday.

And I never experienced the 24/7 lag you described.The lag wasn’t that bad. There is still much serverlag on the EU servers too.

> 2535445687795722;3:
> It’s times like this that I wish there was a dislike button on this forum, you want to play in lag again? that’s all I’m hearing. If you want to play US players all you have to do is have one player from US in your party and I guarantee you’ll be selected for a US server. We spent months campaigning for 343i to fix the lag issues for EU in matchmaking and you want all the hard work to be for nothing so you can get games faster? Halo is a competitive game therefore connection needs to be fair between players.

Yes because when i would mainly be put with US players i wouldn’t be wake enough to give a damn about being competitive. I would rather have faster games so i can get them over and done with and get my xp, rp and commendations …etc.

Now i literaly have to stop playing Halo around 11pm because after then it takes a good 10+ minutes just getting a match, i shouldn’t have to deal with that, i should be able to play as much as i want without having to worry about it being able to actually find other players.

> 2533274871988949;4:
> Steve. There isn’t much of competetive game if one can’t find any games. People in high onyx have a really hard time especially. Making them to create alternate accounts just to play at all. And it’s not that I WANT to play on US servers. I mean we all share the same rank, so we should be able to face eachother. If there is less people high ranked in EU than it takes forever to get games.

It takes forever to find games for me late at night, not during the day. No matter what you’re reasoning for this I can’t agree with you I would rather wait longer between matches to get a fair and competitive experience. What we originally wanted on the Dedicated Servers EU thread was to have the options when you start matchmaking as: EU Servers only, or All servers this way players would be able to choose if they would rather wait for a good connection game. Instead 343i implemented region lock for all. A lot of us are happy with this however I can understand the frustration in not finding matches but what you should be asking for is an option to select US servers when there’s no EU players online. This would make the whole community happy as players can choose whether to have good connection and wait longer or get fast games but poorer connection. Please don’t ask for region lock to be lifted this is taking us back to lag 24-7.

No -Yoinking!- way. Please do not listen to any of this 343i.

We fought hard to get EU players playing on EU servers, so removing whatever “region lock” there is would be a massive step back for the game and the community with consequential effects for EU players and players around the globe.

There are issues with matchmaking search times particularly late at night (when you can’t even find a game at all), but this is a separate issue and needs to be addressed as such whether that be providing players with search criteria options, widening the search after a few minutes or tweaking server side settings…basically whatever it takes to resolve this issue without having a detrimental effect on the other.

Also please consider there is a lot of EU players complaining about being unable to find games so I find it unrealistic and quite remarkable that the game can’t find games for EU players when there’s quite clearly a lot of us searching…if the matchmaking system can’t find us games then it is an error in the network and matchmaking code that needs to be fixed.

@ mods - please lock this thread.

This issue is already being discussed here and we don’t need this subject to be discussed in any further threads like this with poor information and misinformed opinions.

REMOVING “REGION LOCK” IS NOT THE ANSWER TO THESE ISSUES.

> 2535445687795722;6:
> > 2533274871988949;4:
> > Steve. There isn’t much of competetive game if one can’t find any games. People in high onyx have a really hard time especially. Making them to create alternate accounts just to play at all. And it’s not that I WANT to play on US servers. I mean we all share the same rank, so we should be able to face eachother. If there is less people high ranked in EU than it takes forever to get games.
>
>
> It takes forever to find games for me late at night, not during the day. No matter what you’re reasoning for this I can’t agree with you I would rather wait longer between matches to get a fair and competitive experience. What we originally wanted on the Dedicated Servers EU thread was to have the options when you start matchmaking as: EU Servers only, or All servers this way players would be able to choose if they would rather wait for a good connection game. Instead 343i implemented region lock for all. A lot of us are happy with this however I can understand the frustration in not finding matches but what you should be asking for is an option to select US servers when there’s no EU players online. This would make the whole community happy as players can choose whether to have good connection and wait longer or get fast games but poorer connection. Please don’t ask for region lock to be lifted this is taking us back to lag 24-7.

Spot on Steve.

After 2000+ posts asking for this there’s no way this is getting changed back to the way things were, would be insane to go back to playing on US host with 200 ping.

I find Arena matches pretty quickly (apart from BTB) from 4pm until about midnight then I just chill on Warzone for a bit which finds games fine whatever the time. No problems or lag induced stress at all the way things are now its great!

I’m loving the region lock, please go go away with these threads :<