Please 343 read this! not a rant, just concern

Alright. From what I saw on the concept art thing, and from your new remake of Timberland (looks great by the way) you all are taking a new direction with Forerunner architecture.

This is not a good idea.

Your giant backdrop on Timberland, and all the concept art shown in your new video, show that you are taking a very unorganized and crazy turn on forerunner architecture. The Forerunners always had such organized, nice and neat structures. Now everything looks so wiery, jumbled and clustered. These giant structures you are showing dont resemble Forerunner architecture at all! And one of the craziest things you did in the concept art was…YOU PUT CURVES ON PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING!

since when have massive structures had such noticeable curves along their sides! Sure forerunner architecture can have curves, It is quite a good staple in some of the most memorable places we have been in the halo verse! But you all are applying them in the COMPLETELY wrong way!

Also these giant rectangular towers similar to the ones on the cover of the new halo book hardly look forerunner at all! Dont use them! Also, just because Halo Wars made something doesnt mean you have to!

It really looks like you all are just completely changing everything because you “want to make an impression as a new halo maker” but this would completely destroy you if you dont do the forerunners correctly since they are going to obviously be a huge role in the new game!

please, and I beg again please, study up on your forerunner architecture or you will completely change their image for the worse.

> Alright. From what I saw on the concept art thing, and from your new remake of Timberland (looks great by the way) you all are taking a new direction with Forerunner architecture.
>
> This is not a good idea.
>
> Your giant backdrop on Timberland, and all the concept art shown in your new video, show that you are taking a very unorganized and crazy turn on forerunner architecture. The Forerunners always had such organized, nice and neat structures. Now everything looks so wiery, jumbled and clustered. These giant structures you are showing dont resemble Forerunner architecture at all! And one of the craziest things you did in the concept art was…YOU PUT CURVES ON PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING!
>
> since when have massive structures had such noticeable curves along their sides! Sure forerunner architecture can have curves, It is quite a good staple in some of the most memorable places we have been in the halo verse! But you all are applying them in the COMPLETELY wrong way!
>
> Also these giant rectangular towers similar to the ones on the cover of the new halo book hardly look forerunner at all! Dont use them! Also, just because Halo Wars made something doesnt mean you have to!
>
> It really looks like you all are just completely changing everything because you “want to make an impression as a new halo maker” but this would completely destroy you if you dont do the forerunners correctly since they are going to obviously be a huge role in the new game!
>
> please, and I beg again please, study up on your forerunner architecture or you will completely change their image for the worse.

Lol, not all Foreunners tech looks the same, and we know very little about Foreunners and their architect, so don’t point figures when you barely know anything. o.o

And they are teaching more about he Forerunners, wasn’t that one of their goals?

I know about 10 years worth of forerunner architecture that bungie taught me and the rest of the halo community…

I also know that this much of a dramatic change in how everything looks would be a step in the wrong direction for a new game industry such as 343. You cant just change everything from something that has had 10 years of fine tuning put into it and expect it to go over well.

Ah yes, the limited scope of Forerunners structure is what ALL Forerunner structures MUST look like.

these might not be forerunner structures but very unlikely and they could have had different ages of styling, look over the globe and through history you will see different styles of structures

OP you’re being too thick headed, the only forerunner architecture we’ve seen is the following

>>Ancient ruins that were inhabited by different people who lived and worked in the Halos
>>Halo which is a giant lab and weapon

You also have to take into consideration there are different cultures and what not, plus not once did I see any smooth architecture aside from the Forerunner ships in the trailer.

I’m a pretty big Halo fan, but I think you’re thinking too much into this, haha. The structures looked plenty Forerunner to me, not to mention this is a completely new structure we’re entering.

> I’m a pretty big Halo fan, but I think you’re thinking too much into this, haha. The structures looked plenty Forerunner to me, not to mention this is a completely new structure we’re entering.

This.

Like I said on Bungie.net.

Imagine this.

You’re an alien heading for Earth and land in China for whatever reason. You spend a lot of time there but then go to Australia or America. The structures and landscape would be completely different to what you saw in China, but they’re still recognisably human.

Same applies to the Forerunner. To think that the Forerunner simply stuck to one design (Enormous triangular structures) is simply idiotic.

Not to mention that growing improvements in technology means that we can really flesh out these Forerunner buildings a lot better than we could before. They still look beautiful, no?

They still look Forerunner to me - and that’s all that matters.