Please 343 make Invasion 8 vs 8!

The whole point of the Invasion game type was that it was going to be a big battle, why is it only 6 vs 6? It should have been 8 vs 8 from the start.

The only reason I see is that there will be two squads of 3 and 1 of 2 on each team and that wouldn’t be fair it would be best if they tried to make max 18 players.

nah they could just add one fire-team to each team. (2+2+2+2) easy. But maybe laggy. Would rather have smooth game.

I’d rather have more Invasion maps. There aren’t enough. 343 should at least do a Community Invasion playlist.

> I’d rather have more Invasion maps. There aren’t enough. 343 should at least do a Community Invasion playlist.

Then make a new topic about it? The guy is suggesting 8v8 Invasion, not Community Maps.

I thought this too back when the Reach beta came out, but I’m sure Bungie tested it and tested it out and decided to make it 6v6. 8v8 would be to chaotic. And it would be incredibly hard for the defending team.

6v6 has a great balance. 8v8 will just get too cluttered. Plus, how many other 6v6 offerings do we have? If you want 8v8 play BTB.

> 6v6 has a great balance. 8v8 will just get too cluttered. Plus, how many other 6v6 offerings do we have? If you want 8v8 play BTB.

Agreed. 8 v 8 would be ridiculous.

There needed to be more Invasion Maps. For one thing, the Noble Map pack should be required in the Invasion playlist(Breakpoint). There also should be 2 community made Invasion (NOT INVASION SLAYER!) maps in the hopper. That way your not playing the same map (Spire or Boneyard) every game. Honestly, Bungie should have released 1 forge world Invasion Map instead of the Cage on disc. It would have solved some problems early on.

On topic, 8v8 is probably due to lag and the fact that there is a Big Team Battle playlist. Although, I would like to see Invasion pop up in BTB a few times, to mix things up a little.

If there is one thing Invasion needs, it’s to fix the issue with dropped players being stranded without battle bros. It’s bad enough when one player quits and leaves someone stranded with only the starting spawn point, but when two players quit, each with a different battle bro… that’s two players that need to start from the starting spawn every time. At that point, there is no hope… especially if this occurs on the attacking team.

One of two things needs to happen…
1.) Squads need to increase to 3 and have bro spawning occur that way.
2.) Game needs to autocorrect and combine broken squads.
3.) If squads increase to 3’s, then autocorrect needs to occur also.

Personally, I’d prefer squads increase to 3. The defenders already have the advantage. Attackers must come to them and they know the objective. Squads of 3 constantly puts the pressure on the defenders. That’s what Invasion is all about, isn’t it?