Please 343 Industries - bring back the Flashlight

One of my favorite atmospheric details in HALO: Combat Evolved is the Flashlight. When you enter a dark, spooky environment, you can turn on your Flashlight and it greatly assists you in navigating your surroundings; not to mention the immersion and realism of being able to turn it on and off.

After messing around in HALO 4 & 5; it occurred to me that there is no Flashlight.

I sincerely hope that the Flashlight makes it’s triumphant return in HALO INFINITE. The environments we’ve been shown so far would highly benefit from it’s use…as well as being able to use it at night​:metal:t2::100:

I would really like the flashlight back as well. It looks like it might be back from the Discover Hope trailer when Chief turns it on at the end. I’m split on whether I want the flashlight on the helmet or the gun. I did really like how in Halo CE when you reloaded your AR the flashlight beam would move with your gun.

> 2533274866022405;2:
> I would really like the flashlight back as well. It looks like it might be back from the Discover Hope trailer when Chief turns it on at the end. I’m split on whether I want the flashlight on the helmet or the gun. I did really like how in Halo CE when you reloaded your AR the flashlight beam would move with your gun.

I remember that from the trailer, but I want to see it used during gameplay to know that it’s really in there.

I like the helmet-mounted lights - with them there, you could see the shadow of your arms & weapon when reloading.

Realism = immersion🤘🏻

> 2533274795727848;3:
> > 2533274866022405;2:
> > I would really like the flashlight back as well. It looks like it might be back from the Discover Hope trailer when Chief turns it on at the end. I’m split on whether I want the flashlight on the helmet or the gun. I did really like how in Halo CE when you reloaded your AR the flashlight beam would move with your gun.
>
> I remember that from the trailer, but I want to see it used during gameplay to know that it’s really in there.
>
> I like the helmet-mounted lights - with them there, you could see the shadow of your arms & weapon when reloading.
>
> Realism = immersion🤘🏻

I do think the helmet mounted lights are better for gameplay because where you are looking will always be illuminated. I just love the little touch of the light beam moving around when you reloaded. I wonder if the flashlight is there if they will have it limited like Halo CE where it had the energy bar, or whether it would be unlimited like most halos since.

> 2533274866022405;4:
> > 2533274795727848;3:
> > > 2533274866022405;2:
> > > I would really like the flashlight back as well. It looks like it might be back from the Discover Hope trailer when Chief turns it on at the end. I’m split on whether I want the flashlight on the helmet or the gun. I did really like how in Halo CE when you reloaded your AR the flashlight beam would move with your gun.
> >
> > I remember that from the trailer, but I want to see it used during gameplay to know that it’s really in there.
> >
> > I like the helmet-mounted lights - with them there, you could see the shadow of your arms & weapon when reloading.
> >
> > Realism = immersion🤘🏻
>
> I do think the helmet mounted lights are better for gameplay because where you are looking will always be illuminated. I just love the little touch of the light beam moving around when you reloaded. I wonder if the flashlight is there if they will have it limited like Halo CE where it had the energy bar, or whether it would be unlimited like most halos since.

I hope it’s helmet-mounted and limited/rechargeable like in HALO: Combat Evolved.

I like the resource management of having to use it sparingly - and the tension of having to quickly find your way out of a dark place before it runs out.

Yes, I need this

Without bringing back the flashlight or ODST/Reach style night vision the dynamic lighting would not work very well if it actually gets dark during the night part of the cycle. I am very hopeful that one of these options will be coming back.

I feel like night vision or a Flashlight would definitely be needed in Infinite if there is a day and night cycle. I miss seeing things like that on the Phantom also.

If it’s a spiritual reboot based on the original Halo games then I see no reason why they wouldn’t include it. Plus flashlights should help build more tension than a Reach type night-vision. I suspect campaign will probably have campaign unlocks too so we can swap between Halo 1 and 3 style armour with the lights.

It would make sense too given the day/night cycles the game is said to be coming with.

Yes please for the flashlight. Immersion!

Gotta agree, having the flashlight would be rad.

It would be awesome if we had the flashlight for when we explore caves (if there are caves) for exemple.

As others have said, a flashlight would be nice, given the whole day/night cycle process. Plus, it would be a key component in exploring forerunner interiors too.

I think it’s safe to assume there will in fact be a flashlight. I can say this for two reasons. First, it was shown in the Discover Hope trailer near the end when the ship loses power. Second, Infinite has a day and night cycle. I don’t expect them to have us walking around with no flashlight on our visor.
(On another note, I can’t wait to be driving a warthog in the night with the head beams on, that’s just too cool)

> 2533274958836218;13:
> It would be awesome if we had the flashlight for when we explore caves (if there are caves) for exemple.

They confirmed in an Inside Infinite there are underground tunnels that we could use to enter banished structures in secret.

I think that if he is going to return because I think that maybe we will explore dark places.

Flashlight is a must have!!! If there is no flashlight, 343 wont put any dark areas in there, therefore no flood jump scares! that will make me sad so 343, for the love of Craig please give us flashlights and/or nightvision

With the Day/Night cycle in Infinite I hope it will be just as dark like in certain missions in CE like Truth and Reconciliation, 343 Quilty Spark and Two Betrayals kinda dark.
I’d like some places like a cavern to be so dark you can only see using the flashlight!

> 2533275015357155;19:
> With the Day/Night cycle in Infinite I hope it will be just as dark like in certain missions in CE like Truth and Reconciliation, 343 Quilty Spark and Two Betrayals kinda dark.
> I’d like some places like a cavern to be so dark you can only see using the flashlight!

:point_up_2:t2:Exactly​:point_up_2:t2: