Please 343 Fix Halo 5 Custom Already

Here’s a list of some the huge problems I’ve notice so far.
(To the Halo 5 Community Please list any problems that you’ve seen so far in Custom Games down below.)

• When a player joins a Custom Game, the internet slows down a bit. - When a player leaves/rage quits the screen will freeze up anywhere from 3sec to 3min or the game will crash. This also happens if a player leaves at the end of a game like its cod which freezes everyone’s screen up in the lobby after looking at your Carnage Report or the game will crash. Then in some cases, no one will leave and at the end of the Custom Game it will still freeze up or the game will crash. - When the party leader game crashes or gets stuck in a black screen no more players can join the game. So, for example if there’s 8 players in the game and the leader game crashes or gets stuck in a black screen and has no choice but to close the game down to do anything someone else becomes the leader and the game is lockdown so no one can join even with an invite. - When the party leader chooses a team game the option to change teams doesn’t always appear for everyone in the lobby. Even if the leader goes back to the main menu then goes into Custom Games again the option still doesn’t appear. - Please bring back the option kick players and if so the occasion arises ban them. - In some cases, at the end of the Custom Game a message will pop up saying you have been disconnected from the server, so the game won’t even count, and it takes everyone back to the lobby and every now and then it puts a certain amount Spartan player standing in a line on the map you were just playing on in the main menu. - At the end of a match your about to start another match up and a message will appear saying a player in your lobby can’t play custom maps even though you where just on one. So now your forces to wait until they leave or start a new lobby up. Now it would be nice to have that player name appear off and on like when a player didn’t have the DLC maps in the old games, so you could at least remove them. - When the party leader chooses a team game and turns on balances teams for some reason when a player joins it will put the new player on a whole new team. So, for example Red vs Blue CTF on Truth everything is good, then random players join in and they are put on Green Team and Yellow Team. - When the party is set for a certain number of players only if a group decides to join in it will allow them even though its past the recommended amount. In some cases, it will allow in 20 players and customs are only supposed to be 16 players then the game will crash for random players. - If the party leader makes a FFA gametype where the first player to win 3 rounds wins the game well for some reason this doesn’t work at all. Instead of giving the win to the player that won 3 rounds it gives the win to the player that has the best K/D instead. This same thing happens in strongholds if you turn on more then one round it doesn’t begin at 0 then add on to whatever they had on from the round before. But instead it starts where it left off from the last round of points. Now if the stuff above would be fixed it would get rid of so much stress and negative thoughts that come to people’s mind.

Anyone else having any problems like these…

While ive heard of a few friends of mine have similar issues in custom games. Some of these type of issues are not just tied to custom games. One where you say the internet will slow down a bit when someone joins happens in all playlists. This also has a similar effect if one leaves the game. While I have seen others report similar issues a lot of players just don’t report much if anything about this game anymore for various reasons.

Yeah these problems are what stop me from playing. I can’t believe how incredibly crappy this game runs. Optimize your game, 343.

yeah and ive noticed that i have dang near 3 pages of bookmarked maps because the creator deleted them so now i have 3 pages with nothing on them

> 2533274795501334;3:
> While ive heard of a few friends of mine have similar issues in custom games. Some of these type of issues are not just tied to custom games. One where you say the internet will slow down a bit when someone joins happens in all playlists. This also has a similar effect if one leaves the game. While I have seen others report similar issues a lot of players just don’t report much if anything about this game anymore for various reasons.

Players don’t report anything anymore because 343 is so quite about everything. They say there going to fix the problems only to make them worsts then before.

Players are still reporting these issues, but they only seem to get answered on the halo reddit r/halo. I have a history of posting these issues on reddit, and even getting responses from 343. They are aware of every single one of these issues, and at least have a fix planned (another fix since the Otime update fixes didn’t work) for the black screen/ freezing/ hanging in Custom Games. There’s no eta on that fix, but at least they’ve committed to one for us.

343 is trying their best to fix the crashing and freezing so at this time you will have to deal with it

> 2533274831077797;7:
> Players are still reporting these issues, but they only seem to get answered on the halo reddit r/halo.

I’d like to take this opportunity to once again rant about how annoying and unprofessional it is that 343 ignores Waypoint so much. Next time you see them on Reddit or whatever, could you please let them know that the lovely people of the Waypoint forums would appreciate a bigger 343 presence? Thanks.

On topic, lately I’ve been trying out the custom games browser to see what it’s about, and this issue has been affecting me badly. I appreciate you letting us know that 343 is aware of it (even though they should be the ones to come to Waypoint and do that themselves). Hopefully they fix this issue soon.

> 2533274904158628;9:
> > 2533274831077797;7:
> > Players are still reporting these issues, but they only seem to get answered on the halo reddit r/halo.
>
> I’d like to take this opportunity to once again rant about how annoying and unprofessional it is that 343 ignores Waypoint so much. Next time you see them on Reddit or whatever, could you please let them know that the lovely people of the Waypoint forums would appreciate a bigger 343 presence? Thanks.
>
> On topic, lately I’ve been trying out the custom games browser to see what it’s about, and this issue has been affecting me badly. I appreciate you letting us know that 343 is aware of it (even though they should be the ones to come to Waypoint and do that themselves). Hopefully they fix this issue soon.

They’are aware of that sentiment. They’ve even explicitly stated that they will have a bigger presence here, as well as communicating with us more in general. There just isn’t much we can do right now but wait. We users reported the issue right before the holiday last year, so I can only imagine that within the short time since then they’ve started doing something to fix the game. I’ve seen some server side improvements (my game is freezing much less when I host now), but it’s not perfect. They’re listening… well, finally!

> 2533274831077797;10:
> They’are aware of that sentiment. They’ve even explicitly stated that they will have a bigger presence here, as well as communicating with us more in general. There just isn’t much we can do right now but wait. We users reported the issue right before the holiday last year, so I can only imagine that within the short time since then they’ve started doing something to fix the game. I’ve seen some server side improvements (my game is freezing much less when I host now), but it’s not perfect. They’re listening… well, finally!

Cool, glad to hear it :smile_cat: