Please 343!!! Don't Ignore Halo 4 This Time!!!

Especially after Halo 5 either retconned or ignored Halo 4’s, ridiculously superior, story I’d love Halo: Infinite to actually have some ties back to the events of Halo 4, if just so the Trilogy feels more cohesive and connected.

You are right. It’s like Halo 5 was a brand new trilogy/saga (whatever they are doing). No mention of the events of Halo 4. There’s no way they can ignored Halo 5 events lol From some of the fan theories I’ve seen, Halo 4 events could play a big part in Infinite. ie Librarian’s gift, didact, humanities’ mantle of responsibility…

> 2533274817390757;2:
> You are right. It’s like Halo 5 was a brand new trilogy/saga (whatever they are doing). No mention of the events of Halo 4. There’s no way they can ignored Halo 5 events lol From some of the fan theories I’ve seen, Halo 4 events could play a big part in Infinite. ie Librarian’s gift, didact, humanities’ mantle of responsibility…

I know that the comic series Halo: Escalation ties up some, note SOME, of Halo 4’s storythreads, BUT that’s not in the games. And I like expanded lore stuff in video games (I own every Assassin’s Creed novel, every Gears of War novel etc) but this isn’t expanding the lore. The Fall of Reach expands the lore, Contact: Harvest expands the lore, this is more halfheartedly resolving some of one game’s storylines in a comic and then just ignoring everything else in the next game.

Halo 5 kind of -Yoinks!- that up to me. Juls mdama? Halsey and Palmer? Cortana? Chief and his humanity? All thrown out the window after Halo 5s direction and I don’t think it’s reasonable for even try bothering, a retcon would be in order if they did make the attempt. Furthermore that just means infinite would have to mess with two games in one go, you still have Halo 5 and the guardians and with there being the potential for flood and banished involment 🤷 Infinite would have to much on it’s plate to get back to H4.

I think Halo Infinite could very well bring us back to the direction Halo 4 started on if handled properly given its assumed location, or at least one of it’s assumed locations. The stuff about ancient humanity and the Forerunner war? Well, Installation 07 held a de-evolved human population long ago, primarily a human population where the essences of ancient humanity were bonded to in order to preserve the knowledge of what was suspected of being the cure against Flood infection. Even if it isn’t significant to the main plot, you can get the ball rolling from there. Chief’s humanity? Well, hopefully this flirtation that 343 Industries has with the Created wraps up in Infinite and Chief can resume his journey once Evil! Cortana is defeated and destroyed.

I’m somewhat hopeful.

Halo 4’s story was dope. Sad that Halo 5 kind of ruined it. Really hope Infinite gives us a nod to Halo 4 and explains some more lore, or Possibly even expand the relationship between Master Chief and Cortana.

I think the story needs to move on with Cortana. Bringing her back into the fold would just render what happened in Halo 4 and Halo 5 pointless.

I can’t begin to explain my disappointment with the direction that was taken with Halo 5: Guardians. Jul 'Mdama, a villain loved by many with incredible potential, was slain at the start of the game. Why? So that players knew that Locke was a big deal? Warden Eternal was made a redundant and cheesy character when so much more could have been done with him. When I was first playing through the campaign, I honestly thought Warden Eternal was using Cortana to bait the Master Chief, especially when this exchange happened on Reunion:

Master Chief: She called me to her.
Warden Eternal: And you came scampering.

At this point, I really thought the Warden was playing some kind of game.

I don’t mind Cortana being the new villain, I just did not like how the story team went about it. In my opinion, the ideas for the game were great, but poorly executed.

> 2533274812652989;5:
> I think Halo Infinite could very well bring us back to the direction Halo 4 started on if handled properly given its assumed location, or at least one of it’s assumed locations. The stuff about ancient humanity and the Forerunner war? Well, Installation 07 held a de-evolved human population long ago, primarily a human population where the essences of ancient humanity were bonded to in order to preserve the knowledge of what was suspected of being the cure against Flood infection. Even if it isn’t significant to the main plot, you can get the ball rolling from there. Chief’s humanity? Well, hopefully this flirtation that 343 Industries has with the Created wraps up in Infinite and Chief can resume his journey once Evil! Cortana is defeated and destroyed.
>
> I’m somewhat hopeful.

I couldn’t agree more. Halo Infinite can repair a lot of the damage that was done with Halo 5: Guardians.

> 2533274812652989;7:
> I think the story needs to move on with Cortana. Bringing her back into the fold would just render what happened in Halo 4 and Halo 5 pointless.

What do you mean by “move on”?

She doesn’t need to have a continued, physical presence as a character in the story.

As much as 4 gets hate, I liked the story. I hope Halo 6 at least goes a bit more into the Ancient Humanity stuff. I don’t think that was mentioned at all in 5.

Halo 4 tried to be emotional so hard it feels forced af and empathy was not there. Halo 2, 3 and Reach gived me the emotions I want to feel again and if 343 really wants to catch what made Halo great they have to see there, not at Halo 4 imho

> 2533275022531756;11:
> Halo 4 tried to be emotional so hard it feels forced af and empathy was not there. Halo 2, 3 and Reach gived me the emotions I want to feel again and if 343 really wants to catch what made Halo great they have to see there, not at Halo 4 imho

I personally think that aside from possibly Halo 2 all of Bungie’s Halo games had just serviceable stories and OK but kinda flat characters overall. Halo 4 was and still is the only Halo campaign where Chief and Cortana feel like interesting, dynamic characters instead of a big armoured dude. When Johnson died in Halo 3 I didn’t feel anything, but Halo 4’s ending ripped my heart out. I want Halo to return to THAT type of story telling and characters, but I respect your opinion.

Halo 4 should be completely ignored. Any trace of it should be wiped from the face of the earth.

> 2533274848860841;13:
> Halo 4 should be completely ignored. Any trace of it should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Why?

> 2533274977253120;14:
> > 2533274848860841;13:
> > Halo 4 should be completely ignored. Any trace of it should be wiped from the face of the earth.
>
> Why?

I never liked it. The art style, designs from the weapons to the enemies, the soundtracks, the story, MP etc. I could go in to detail why but I can’t be bothered typing alots of paragraphs. Same goes with Halo 5 as well.

> 2533274848860841;13:
> Halo 4 should be completely ignored. Any trace of it should be wiped from the face of the earth.

You don’t think that’s a little bit too rough? Prometheans were discussed in Halo CE: Anniversary Terminals. I still feel those terminals were some of the strongest lore wise when it came to Bungie/343i era stuff. I feel Prometheans need a -Yoink- heavy rework. There shouldn’t be so many of them now that the Didact is truly dead in the comics. They should be able to kill Flood so there is no reason why they struggle against the Covenant it should be a Gauntlet almost.

As for the art style say what you want but you can’t tell me on Requiem you didn’t look up once you left the cave, it had its moments.

Soundtrack I agree needed to be a bit better but they gave us the Mantis theme and 117.

Halo 5 I can legitimately do without.

> 2533274848860841;13:

Counterpoint: No.

This mindset folks have of thinking just ignoring things they don’t like somehow magically being the solution is short-sighted and wrong.

I dobt it since they said halo games after H5G will have simple stories (and game/books will be in their own streamlanes). Didact could return but unlikely (since he “died”), Chief finding his humanity maybe, (RIP Jul). I’ll admit Halo 4 story wasn’t good for a casul but at LEAST it explained some who lasky, didact and few others in the game.

> 2533274936074323;18:
> I dobt it since they said halo games after H5G will have simple stories (and game/books will be in their own streamlanes). Didact could return but unlikely (since he “died”), Chief finding his humanity maybe, (RIP Jul). I’ll admit Halo 4 story wasn’t good for a casul but at LEAST it explained some who lasky, didact and few others in the game.

I don’t think giving some of the more complex topics from Halo 4 a second chance would be too difficult. Plenty of ways to organically weave some of that in the narrative. Shoot, add an in-game lore index to the game and that cuts the accessibility problems almost entirely.

> 2533274848860841;15:
> > 2533274977253120;14:
> > > 2533274848860841;13:
> > > Halo 4 should be completely ignored. Any trace of it should be wiped from the face of the earth.
> >
> > Why?
>
> I never liked it. The art style, designs from the weapons to the enemies, the soundtracks, the story, MP etc. I could go in to detail why but I can’t be bothered typing alots of paragraphs. Same goes with Halo 5 as well.

Dude, if you had nothing nice to add why comment???