Plea to Game Developers at 343I about Spartan

Hello let me start off with saying this may sound like Halo Blasphemy but it is an idea that i think is a great one perhaps to keep people fresh Add an option to spartan ops it may sound like im saying copy Call of Duty Ghost but lets face it Halo is Better so it can only perfect it . In Ghost you can select up to 10 squad members to play as individually now lets say we take this concept and put it in halo spartan ops and by this i mean you give the player the option to have 3 or 4 more spartans they can customize so that means its like doing the same thing to each of these spartans as you can do to the first spatan like the loadouts the armor and lettign you drop this 3 man team along side you in single player mode of spartan ops.

The reason Im getting to this is because sometimes it can take a while before I find game online with three other players and im not guaranteed three pyers plus its automatically put on legendary, then theres the constant lag in spartan ops when playing with other people and i would prefer to play spartan ops over matchmaking sometimes.

My solution to this is what i explained above. so lets say im playing halo 4 only 2 friends are online ones playing Ghost the other just wants to play matchmaking and im stuck in a Spartan Ops game with only three Players its lagging bad im getting frustrated all our armor looks different so we look like a mix match fireteam, Then suddenly im just tired and quit like iv seen so many people do its so frustrating seeing people quit out of a spartan ops game but its understandable when your lagging so badly thet the game seems pointless to keep going in.

So lets say these updates are put in and now i can get online go to spartan ops then instead of clicking find a game i go to customization and now there are 4 options just like Naming loadouts there are 4 spartans each customizable to there own style and you can even name each so i leave my first one the same then i go to the second one and out recon armor on him set up his loadouts then go to the 2nd and place scout armor on him or her then to the 3rd one and put warior on her then to the 4th and yea you get the picture so now i have 4 different spartans but all playable individually in spatan ops and all i got to do is select which one i want to play as. it doesnt end there either now we go back to the selecting of the game so i notice im basically solo on spartan ops playing but i still want to play but not solo but alos not with other random players or deal with the massive lag issue in spartan ops find a game mode. so i go to the select a level solo one i put it on normal or easy because i just kinda want to relax and play. Now heres where it gets interesting i dont want to be the main focus of every covenant energy blast up my booty so i decide to click an option to add fireteam memeber and when i do this it allows me to add from just one to all 3 other customizable fireteam spartan members to the team to join me in my game. and then i add then give them there prefered loadout for the game then i click start match, the match begins the cutscene ends and there i am standing with my team that i created my very own fireteam crimson with matching armor colors and emblem and they play Now thats a fireteam. Now im playing by myself but not alone got me a team and theres no lag because im not playing on a shared connection im enjoying spartan ops im looking at a team im proud of since i made it myself and im able to pick Whatever episode and chapter i want to play on the level i want to play this is a very basic concept as well.

Let me add that i will enjoy it if the AI players were like the ones on reach unkillable and worked very well its almost like the concept of the level on reach when you go back to castle base with 4 members of noble team and you play as one the others are computer controled just now you have a bit more control over what they look like and how many join you and maybe also a type add on like maybe give one a sniper personality another a striaght shoot to thrill and another a tactical one and have these as options for each one to pick whether you want a full tactical style team to a whole team or a whole team of marksman mentality its up to the player it adds a mor eof hey thats my team to the game and mabey some cutscenes including one of the spartans or all of them.

I would like to end this on the note that i know this is a great idea for spartan ops and alot of current gamers would love to see this and this can also bring in new gamers and maybe bring back those who have traded in there halo 4 for call of duty and were dissapointed with that game and this can be the draw in for them back to halo. i would Really appreciate A feedback on your thoughts on this and i hope this is taken very seriously and hopefully ill be downloading an update to the game and seeing my vision and idea brought to life thank you for you time i know your very busy and if i do get a response i will appreciate it very much.

To be honest, Ive had the same idea since Ghosts came out. But not towards Spartan Ops. It would be cool tho to be able to rank of 10 different Spartans and to give each one a different look and load out. And now that you mention it, It would be cool if there was an option in SO Where you can have a team of 4 hand picked Spartans on top of your character and have them fight along side you. Its an awesome idea and it looks good on paper but I dont know how it would work in game. Also it would be cool for the ranking system because you have 10 different people to rank up and it would be pretty sweet for screen shots to have your whole team on one screen. Anyways its like a cool idea, I just dont know how it would really work out. Also if the rest Halo community would think its a good idea.

> To be honest, Ive had the same idea since Ghosts came out. But not towards Spartan Ops. It would be cool tho to be able to rank of 10 different Spartans and to give each one a different look and load out. And now that you mention it, It would be cool if there was an option in SO Where you can have a team of 4 hand picked Spartans on top of your character and have them fight along side you. Its an awesome idea and it looks good on paper but I dont know how it would work in game. Also it would be cool for the ranking system because you have 10 different people to rank up and it would be pretty sweet for screen shots to have your whole team on one screen. Anyways its like a cool idea, I just dont know how it would really work out. Also if the rest Halo community would think its a good idea.

Well iv ben on the 343i forum and chat room and iv gotten likes from this same post i put on that forum and most of everyone iv talked to have liked the idea as an add on or something for future games im sure it can only be better then current spartan ops we have now since it will only bring more to the experience. and thank you for the feedback its nice to know someone is noticing my ideas.

They’d have to improve the AI and maybe add in commands.

Personally i think making the player have more than one spartan is stupid. Having loadouts is one of the reasons so many people left Halo 4 and why it was dropped in MLG. Hardly anyone plays COD Ghosts, and it only just came out. It is a terrible terrible game.
Having more than one spartan will damage the game terribly. There would be no more incentive to play to get upgraded armor and things, it will water it down significantly. It needs to go back to Reach style where you have to play alot to get better armor.

Spartan OP’s should be more like firefight.

Halo SHOULD steer clear of anything COD or Battlefield. Having ordnance and loadouts for Halo 4 was bad enough. Halo 5 needs to go forwards not backwards.

What i mean is, having more than one Spartan to upgrade will mean that loadouts, armor skins, weapon skins etc, will have to be much easier and quicker to unlock. If you make it harder to unlock things (more play time and more XP) then to spread your limited amount of customization, between more than one Spartan, will be frustrating. You will have, say 4 spartans very similar which is very pointless. Then the other side of the coin is make things easier to unlock. This will ruin repeat game play much like the 130SP cap Halo 4 has. Everyone will be at final rank with everything unlocked way too quickly.

I know 343 are smarter than this and they dont want to follow a franchise which is dying.

No, please just NOOO! Copying Call of Duty is not a way to imrpove Halo. Look what happened to Halo 4, it didn’t only lose a quantity of players, it made Halo fans rage like a kid without his candy for many damn reasons.

Have you ever wondered why 343i copied Call of Duty in every possible way? Because Call of Duty sells like hot bread. Also, have you wondered why people buy Call of Duty? Because it is Call of Duty NOT Halo. So 343i did a simple equation: CoD + Halo = easy money (the best selling Halo game to date). Ok, now that the damage is done and 343i made a LOT of money with it, I think it’s fair to bring Halo back to its roots for veteran competetive players. But that’s not gonna happen, since 343i will ban this post and give a thank to yours.

Anyway, I want my Halo back. No more CoD stuff, if you like that in Ghosts, go and play CoD. That’s the main reason why people quit this game in less than six months. CoD fans are happy with CoD. Halo fans are not happy with Halo.

> No, please just NOOO! Copying Call of Duty is not a way to imrpove Halo. Look what happened to Halo 4, it didn’t only lose a quantity of players, it made Halo fans rage like a kid without his candy for many damn reasons.
>
> Have you ever wondered why 343i copied Call of Duty in every possible way? Because Call of Duty sells like hot bread. Also, have you wondered why people buy Call of Duty? Because it is Call of Duty NOT Halo. So 343i did a simple equation: CoD + Halo = easy money (the best selling Halo game to date). Ok, now that the damage is done and 343i made a LOT of money with it, I think it’s fair to bring Halo back to its roots for veteran competetive players. But that’s not gonna happen, since 343i will ban this post and give a thank to yours.
>
> Anyway, I want my Halo back. No more CoD stuff, if you like that in Ghosts, go and play CoD. That’s the main reason why people quit this game in less than six months. CoD fans are happy with CoD. Halo fans are not happy with Halo.

Well said!! These COD kids need to go back to COD and stay out of our Halo universe.

@mad s1x … not every halo player is 13yo and has the time to play 10hr a day to get that cool helmet u know…

> @mad s1x … not every halo player is 13yo and has the time to play 10hr a day to get that cool helmet u know…

Im 28 years old and work 12 hour shifts lol and I think the harder the better. Halo NEEDS thing’s that will help with repeat gameplay. Having a cap at 130 that people achieve in 2 months does not help that… Having awesome things to work towards, that take some time to achieve, is what keeps people coming back over and over again.

I barely see your points guys…

> No, please just NOOO! Copying Call of Duty is not a way to imrpove Halo. Look what happened to Halo 4, it didn’t only lose a quantity of players, it made Halo fans rage like a kid without his candy for many damn reasons.
>
> Have you ever wondered why 343i copied Call of Duty in every possible way? Because Call of Duty sells like hot bread. Also, have you wondered why people buy Call of Duty? Because it is Call of Duty NOT Halo. So 343i did a simple equation: CoD + Halo = easy money (the best selling Halo game to date). Ok, now that the damage is done and 343i made a LOT of money with it, I think it’s fair to bring Halo back to its roots for veteran competetive players. <mark>But that’s not gonna happen, since 343i will ban this post and give a thank to yours.</mark>
>
> Anyway, I want my Halo back. No more CoD stuff, if you like that in Ghosts, go and play CoD. That’s the main reason why people quit this game in less than six months. CoD fans are happy with CoD. Halo fans are not happy with Halo.

So any sort of feature in CoD is inherently bad? Well, guess it’s time to ditch the FPS for good…

Also, 343 doesn’t ban posts. The moderation team does, and they are COMMUNITY MEMBERS. I’m tired of people saying that 343 is a bunch of Nazis…

> > @mad s1x … not every halo player is 13yo and has the time to play 10hr a day to get that cool helmet u know…
>
> Im 28 years old and work 12 hour shifts lol and I think the harder the better. Halo NEEDS thing’s that will help with repeat gameplay. Having a cap at 130 that people achieve in 2 months does not help that… Having awesome things to work towards, that take some time to achieve, is what keeps people coming back over and over again.

it will feel more repetitive if u have to play 10hrs a day the same matchmaking games just to get an armor , they need to add other cool stuff to the game if they want to keep people interested not make it hard af , imo halo4 multiplayer is way more interesting then other halo games

> > No, please just NOOO! Copying Call of Duty is not a way to imrpove Halo. Look what happened to Halo 4, it didn’t only lose a quantity of players, it made Halo fans rage like a kid without his candy for many damn reasons.
> >
> > Have you ever wondered why 343i copied Call of Duty in every possible way? Because Call of Duty sells like hot bread. Also, have you wondered why people buy Call of Duty? Because it is Call of Duty NOT Halo. So 343i did a simple equation: CoD + Halo = easy money (the best selling Halo game to date). Ok, now that the damage is done and 343i made a LOT of money with it, I think it’s fair to bring Halo back to its roots for veteran competetive players. But that’s not gonna happen, since 343i will ban this post and give a thank to yours.
> >
> > Anyway, I want my Halo back. No more CoD stuff, if you like that in Ghosts, go and play CoD. That’s the main reason why people quit this game in less than six months. CoD fans are happy with CoD. Halo fans are not happy with Halo.
>
> <mark>Well said!! These COD kids need to go back to COD and stay out of our Halo universe.</mark>

I really hope this is sarcasm and not ignorance.

Why is copying CoD such a bad thing? Take this idea for Spartan Ops (though far fetched), it would do nothing but benefit gameplay. CoD has plenty of good concepts that can be used in Halo but also plenty that would not work in Halo (Ordnance ect). I don’t know why you would want to ignore these good features just because it was taken from CoD.

Why miss out on so many opportunities and options for the next title just because they were originally from CoD. Halo 4 lacked options and look where the game is today.

> So any sort of feature in CoD is inherently bad? Well, guess it’s time to ditch the FPS for good…

> Why is copying CoD such a bad thing? Take this idea for Spartan Ops (though far fetched), it would do nothing but benefit gameplay. CoD has plenty of good concepts that can be used in Halo but also plenty that would not work in Halo (Ordnance ect). I don’t know why you would want to ignore these good features just because it was taken from CoD.

The idea isn’t to boycott CoD simply because it’s popular / isn’t Halo. The point is that you can’t just copy-paste features from one game to another and expect it all to work out. If it works well in one game, surely it will work in another game, right? Nope. You have to consider the effects that each mechanic and feature will have on the gameplay. Does it complement the gameplay or detract from it?

> > So any sort of feature in CoD is inherently bad? Well, guess it’s time to ditch the FPS for good…
>
>
>
> > Why is copying CoD such a bad thing? Take this idea for Spartan Ops (though far fetched), it would do nothing but benefit gameplay. CoD has plenty of good concepts that can be used in Halo but also plenty that would not work in Halo (Ordnance ect). I don’t know why you would want to ignore these good features just because it was taken from CoD.
>
> The idea isn’t to boycott CoD simply because it’s popular / isn’t Halo. The point is that you can’t just copy-paste features from one game to another and expect it all to work out. If it works well in one game, surely it will work in another game, right? Nope. You have to consider the effects that each mechanic and feature will have on the gameplay. Does it complement the gameplay or detract from it?

I understand that as much, and even mentioned the problem “but also plenty that would not work in Halo (Ordnance ect)”. I just don’t like the idea of not using good features just because it was originally from CoD, obviously it has to work in the game. How do people expect the game to ever grow if we stick to the exact same formula and don’t bring anything new to the table, hoping these original ideas work out (which many in H4 clearly didn’t e.g. Regicide). This is coming from a guy who hates CoD.

> > > So any sort of feature in CoD is inherently bad? Well, guess it’s time to ditch the FPS for good…
> >
> >
> >
> > > Why is copying CoD such a bad thing? Take this idea for Spartan Ops (though far fetched), it would do nothing but benefit gameplay. CoD has plenty of good concepts that can be used in Halo but also plenty that would not work in Halo (Ordnance ect). I don’t know why you would want to ignore these good features just because it was taken from CoD.
> >
> > The idea isn’t to boycott CoD simply because it’s popular / isn’t Halo. The point is that you can’t just copy-paste features from one game to another and expect it all to work out. If it works well in one game, surely it will work in another game, right? Nope. You have to consider the effects that each mechanic and feature will have on the gameplay. Does it complement the gameplay or detract from it?
>
> I understand that as much, and even mentioned the problem “but also plenty that would not work in Halo (Ordnance ect)”. I just don’t like the idea of not using good features just because it was originally from CoD, obviously it has to work in the game. How do people expect the game to ever grow if we stick to the exact same formula and don’t bring anything new to the table, hoping these original ideas work out (which many in H4 clearly didn’t e.g. Regicide). This is coming from a guy who hates CoD.

Well here is what they need to do so it isn’t a rip-off, alter mechanics, change name, make sure it fits/works well with gameplay, and also get the fanbase’s approval!

As a personal view of mine, the only feature of Cod even worth noting is Zombies! Firefight just isn’t the same either and gets EXTREMELY boring pretty quickly!

While this is good, that it isn’t the same, it should be able to accomplish a feat of similar magnitude. (Firefight isn’t even based off of cod but let us say that it is…for instance)

I believe that Halo can benefit from this ONE gametype only. But it shouldn’t be a complete rip-off, NO. It should be Firefight, just modified to work wonders!

Doing such things like this aren’t necessarily rip-offs but in all fairness they must have DEFINITE differences yet achieve the same feat. These should not be called “innovations” but they should still be contributing well to the overall game! As long as it is like that I’m fine!

> > > No, please just NOOO! Copying Call of Duty is not a way to imrpove Halo. Look what happened to Halo 4, it didn’t only lose a quantity of players, it made Halo fans rage like a kid without his candy for many damn reasons.
> > >
> > > Have you ever wondered why 343i copied Call of Duty in every possible way? Because Call of Duty sells like hot bread. Also, have you wondered why people buy Call of Duty? Because it is Call of Duty NOT Halo. So 343i did a simple equation: CoD + Halo = easy money (the best selling Halo game to date). Ok, now that the damage is done and 343i made a LOT of money with it, I think it’s fair to bring Halo back to its roots for veteran competetive players. But that’s not gonna happen, since 343i will ban this post and give a thank to yours.
> > >
> > > Anyway, I want my Halo back. No more CoD stuff, if you like that in Ghosts, go and play CoD. That’s the main reason why people quit this game in less than six months. CoD fans are happy with CoD. Halo fans are not happy with Halo.
> >
> > <mark>Well said!! These COD kids need to go back to COD and stay out of our Halo universe.</mark>
>
> I really hope this is sarcasm and not ignorance.
>
> Why is copying CoD such a bad thing? Take this idea for Spartan Ops (though far fetched), it would do nothing but benefit gameplay. CoD has plenty of good concepts that can be used in Halo but also plenty that would not work in Halo (Ordnance ect). I don’t know why you would want to ignore these good features just because it was taken from CoD.
>
> Why miss out on so many opportunities and options for the next title just because they were originally from CoD. Halo 4 lacked options and look where the game is today.

Of course im being sarcastic, i WANT more people to play Halo, so you have full playlists, and people can be matched with similar CSR players in Halo 5 (CSR in 4 is broken).

What i dont want to happen is a whole heap of new players, coming from other games, saying stuff like the OP has and then having a big enough voice that 343 take Halo 5 in the wrong direction.

They need to listen to the real fans (not the Sunday gamer’s who have only played Halo 4). YES it has to evolve and change, that is 100% correct if its to continue healthily in the franchise. But it can change in the right direction or the wrong direction…

Halo 4 while it was a good, big first step, it could sort of go either way from here.

> > No, please just NOOO! Copying Call of Duty is not a way to imrpove Halo. Look what happened to Halo 4, it didn’t only lose a quantity of players, it made Halo fans rage like a kid without his candy for many damn reasons.
> >
> > Have you ever wondered why 343i copied Call of Duty in every possible way? Because Call of Duty sells like hot bread. Also, have you wondered why people buy Call of Duty? Because it is Call of Duty NOT Halo. So 343i did a simple equation: CoD + Halo = easy money (the best selling Halo game to date). Ok, now that the damage is done and 343i made a LOT of money with it, I think it’s fair to bring Halo back to its roots for veteran competetive players. But that’s not gonna happen, since 343i will ban this post and give a thank to yours.
> >
> > Anyway, I want my Halo back. No more CoD stuff, if you like that in Ghosts, go and play CoD. That’s the main reason why people quit this game in less than six months. CoD fans are happy with CoD. Halo fans are not happy with Halo.
>
> Well said!! These COD kids need to go back to COD and stay out of our Halo universe.

OOOOOOOk yea well lets get one thing straight iv only played since halo 3 and with all these changes halo isnt ruined for me i still wear armor the guns are still the same i like the loadouts it doesnt ruin t for meand for everyone who -Yoinks!- about the plasma pistol being easily accesable how about you just get btter at dodging the pistol a player with real skill doesnt complain he adapts also this whole cod and halo universe seperation is limited ok some people believe it or not play other games besides halo they play call of duty battlefeild 4 need for speed and other game systems too and is not copying just becuase it doesnt catter to your specifics needs its not a bad thing i would hate halo if thy took away the ability to punch through a tank and put a grenade not if they made loadout. i get ot halo has a huge fan base but it cant aways stay the same it would only be fun for those people who played it since the beggining and are fine with that but for new generations people might like other things and lets get one thing straight its a business and it needs to make money to keep making games and running servers if it doesnt make enough revenue then theres no point in keep making it. my point was just to make something that already exist a little bit more fun and i dont see how it matters how you unlock stuff its just armors some people dont have all day in there life to unlock all the amors if they are way to hard to unlock maybe make a new skin hardr but not the armor some of us dont have all day to do this we play like 3 hrs maybe every so often and dont start with this only certain people have the right to play halo because that is limited too no one made anyone the official only certain people can play because its a commercial video game that is available for anyone who has the means of buying it and the system it comes on so if some guy who has never played halo in his life feels like he should have some armor then why not just make the skins a bit harder to get me i still have my recruit prime armor its not really tht special but i like the way it looks i dont run around in matchmaking goign hey look at me look at my armor im so cool right because lts get one thing out there no one relevant actualy is going to think your cool because you got an armor with like one extra stripe on it for real if thats your mindset you must be that guy who has no life. me i got a fe armors in halo 4 but i wear one the recruit armor in the green and legendary visor i just prefer that look. but lets get over this im a halo player and hes a call of duty player BS because really half the people on your friends list are probably call of duty players even though the game is kinda -Yoink- or battlefeild 4 players -Yoink- they may just be madden players but on occasion play halo 4 so please for the love of god get over this im a halo player so im something special because its a damn video game and thats it it dont pay the bills it for sure doesnt impress too many chicks when your the best halo 4 player because they are dating the ceo of the damn company not some guy who dedicates hours to a video game jut to be the top player and not to his life and career and yea his girl. soooo for the last time it was just a sugestion and heres a thought no one has ever thought about with this new gen game systems maybe its possible to have all these game types in it the old old school style for the people who hate change and the new style for the the people who like the new style it is possible people we have the technology to cate to every type of player so dont be narrow minded about things it just makes you look like a loser man.

OK ima say one thing to alot fo you who are just complaining you have totally missed my point here was my point and ima break this down to a play by play

So i egt on halo 4 and i go to spartan ops i see there is three choices one select a level wer ei can play by myself th next is find a game where i can play online co op then theres this option to watch the episodes.

so i watch an episode for the hell of it then it ends and i got to find a game and i see i have an option of 5 missions form like different chapters but i dont like my game lagging every 3 seconds and i dont want to play on legendary just aint in the mood for it so i decide to opt out and go to select a mission or level, then i select one of the missions and put it on lets say normal because i want the game to be normal not 5 headshots from the snipr rifle and the elite dies difficulty right.

then i play through the mission its fun im blasting -Yoink- im enjoying it kinda then its ending and suddenly palmer goes good job crimson get back o infinity

now lets even more specific lets say i put it on the mission where you get shot down and palmer asks miller about the status on everyone and he responds yea all the tags are responsive… my look is all the tags im one damn dude playing what other tags are there to check its just one solo spartan as fireteam crimson… where well the hell is the rest of my fireteam team i mean seriousl when did we get icecream… so this thought came to my mind and it aperantly has started some halo 4 controversy… i thought to myself it would be nice if lets say before i selected to play by myself i had this magical option, i do say option because i believe people should have options, to have a menu along with the solo player menu that gave me the option to make 3 other spartans not saying i can play as them just saying i can make them look however i look with the armor i have already unlocked give them there own loadout styles then when i start the game and im playing solo those 3 other spartans are playing along with me no one else is involved in my game its just for me to play and now i have 3 companions to tag along because yes not everyone wants to play halo 4 spartan ops on the level and diffuculty i am playing on at the very moment im playing. thats all i was getting at and the fact that i said option means you dont have to play like this just saying if your alone playing halo 4 and want to play spartan ops on easy and you want 3 AI teammate thats it is has nothing to do with it ruining the game it doesnt ruin anyting it just adds another option its like a=saying adding another drive mode to a car ruins the car the car still runs the same still does everything the same way just has another option i mean whats the worst thing that will come from someone who plays by themselves on spartan ops to have the optiont o add teamates with them its not like its goign to ruin halo gameplay because not to many people play spartan ops co op they susualy play by them selves and play matchmaking co op so again this doesnt ruin anything

My point basicaly is im playing by myself but i want a team and no one wants to play i also want my teamt o look like me or have the same color as me an emblem to feel more like a team and now ill have the option it doesnt affect another halo players gameplay in anyway unless they join my game and thats there own choice.

now do you actualy understand my point i wasnt trying to change the entire game Just one peice of one part of the the game that has no affect on the actualy gameplay that a doesnt even affect the gaming community.

Heres a yes or no question too
if i play spartan ops by myself and now have the option to add teamates who i customized myself and its only available on solo play how does tht affect you it doesnt how does that ruin the game it doesnt it doesnt do anything to anyone else except the person who is playing BY THEMSELVES so dont get the -Yoink!- in a ruffle over stuff that doesnt affect a community of gamers rather just adds an option to the individual.