Playlists/Maps in MCC...

ARE A JOKE!

I could rant here for days about this, but I’m not going to reiterate what I’ve already said in past threads/posts. So I’ll just copy and paste my feelings and responses to other threads here.

This rant, is in response to someone who felt the same way as I did, in an entire thread dedicated to this topic. This can all be found, here…Where you can find more people having issues with the way you’ve done things regarding playlists and game modes.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/214f1c07d8014b7ea4701c11772fde51/topics/matchmaking-playlist-lineup-update/7d1f317f-54d8-4621-adf5-573b730c0548/posts?page=5#post84

The fact that you didn’t make each game have it’s own playlists and game modes…Seriously?!

"Thank god someone else feels the same as me, and probably THOUSANDS of others.
I’m telling you 343, if you don’t fix the mess you’ve mad with these playlists and the way you’ve done them, you’re not going to see anyone playing your game or buying Halo 5, I can PROMISE you that.

The fact that you think every game DIDN’T deserve it’s own playlist/s full of game modes and MLG variant mode/s, I’ve lost all hope in your development and design teams when it came to EVEN MAKING THE PLAYLISTS!

If these issues don’t get resolved, I’ll most likely be selling the game to anyone who wants it, or whatever the case, I won’t be playing it. And if you think, “oh this is just one person”, you don’t know how horribly wrong you are.

/e After thinking about H2/H3 playlists, I remember especially in Halo 3, EACH playlist had a ranked mode and you went to social if you didn’t want to “rank up”. I highly thought this was going to be the way MCC would be, and you’ve HIGHLY disappointed me and many other competitive gamers, who enjoyed Halo games for that EXACTLY REASON!
When Halo and MLG started competitive gaming that got SO many people into the game, it was amazing times for these games. The fact that you COMPLETELY ignored rankings and the things us competitive gamers used to LOVE about the games, is shocking to me…

Everyone wanted a lvl 50 rank, in EVERY playlist, or maybe in a certain one if you didn’t enjoy others (IE, Rankings for: Team Slayer, Team Objective, Team Swat, Team Snipers, MLG (my favorite), even Infection and Griffball had rankings from what I can remember! WHY DID YOU LEAVE THIS OUT OF THE GAME COMPLETELY?!
You have like TWO ranked playlists and both of them include only certain games and certain maps?! On top of that, the fact that each game doesn’t have SEPARATE playlists for the game modes included in the game, is terrible! I mean, I hate to be harsh, but what were you thinking with that idea?

I know it can’t be hard to separate and make each game have it’s own LIST of gamemodes and types to play, under THAT GAME ONLY! Why are you mix matching games and forcing people to literally quit out if they don’t enjoy “that” certain Halo game…

You have work ahead of you, and again, if you think you can just leave these issues of, competitive play/game modes and playlists alone, you won’t see anyone playing your game."

/end rant

If you don’t feel the same way, you’ve let 343 take your money and somehow you’re satisfied with this, “MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION”?! It doesn’t even have all the maps in certain playlists. The game has ONE competitive mode for old school MLG players, and it’s ONLY Halo 2. Halo 3 was a masterful MLG game that kept Halo going in the professional, competitive scene. You’ve entirely left this out?!

Team Snipers
Team Doubles
Swat
MLG

Things that are STAPLE in Halo’s history, and you’ve left them out entirely! WHY?

TL;DR Every Halo game in MCC should have it’s own set of playlists with EVERY map capable of being used in those playlists or modes. I don’t see how this wasn’t the idea and basis of the playlist development from the FIRST PLACE! Why would ANYONE want to play Halo games they didn’t like, when you meshed them all together in certain playlists? Then, COMPLETELY left some of the most favored and loved playlists/modes out of the game entirely!

I ask you, no I BEG you, PLEASE fix/change this! It’s not just me, it’s MANY others out there that are dying to play MLG again, or Team Snipers, or Team Doubles, ALL THAT I’VE mentioned reigns true!

Please, 343, don’t do the Halo community wrong here.

I agree to some form (I only read your TLDR to be honest). However if you have as many playlists as you are stating it will cause finding games tot ake longer and some playlists may not even be used at all. Maybe just the set popular few. Team snipers, doubles, slayer, etc. We can’t have every single playlist we had before, because it’s 4 games and if you play only one specific game it cuts own on the amount of people playing other games.

I laugh at this only because it was very clear if you watched their coverage on the game, what playlists would be like. Its you’re own fault for buying it without knowing what you were buying.

> 2533274911163149;3:
> I laugh at this only because it was very clear if you watched their coverage on the game, what playlists would be like. Its you’re own fault for buying it without knowing what you were buying.

You’re own fault, nice.

Anyway, even if hew knew what these playlists would be before hand he’s still a Halo fan, it’s his right to play. It’s also our right to want what he’s saying. I definitely want a playlist for H3 slayer, H3 swat, etc. As much as anyone else wants a playlist for H2 stuff.

you know there are 2 playlists that are essentially MLG right? The reason they aren’t called MLG is because MLG isn’t supporting Halo… Hardcore is MLG playlists essentially from h2 + h3, then the competitive Halo playlist is the most recent competitive form of halo, the one ESL is using for the halo league.

There is a swat playlist…

as for doubles it was said that would be added later. and meh I’m not fussed about snipers, though I’m surprised its not a playlist.

and having 1 game = 1 playlist makes it harder to find games, it will spread the community out too much.

as for having more ranked playlists, they are testing out their ranking system, so they only have 2.
and if someone quits a game because they are playing a halo they don’t like as much then -Yoink- them, they are children.

just because you didn’t read the playlists which were announced with plenty of time, doesn’t mean you have to throw a temper tantrum.

> 2533274808314601;4:
> > 2533274911163149;3:
> > I laugh at this only because it was very clear if you watched their coverage on the game, what playlists would be like. Its you’re own fault for buying it without knowing what you were buying.
>
>
> You’re own fault, nice.
>
> Anyway, even if hew knew what these playlists would be before hand he’s still a Halo fan, it’s his right to play. It’s also our right to want what he’s saying. I definitely want a playlist for H3 slayer, H3 swat, etc. As much as anyone else wants a playlist for H2 stuff.

that is very silly, if you want that many playlists then all the playlists won’t have much population, having a swat playlist makes more sense than have like 2 - 4 playlists for swat, because it will be incredibly unpopulated. Same with slayer

> 2790623340544113;5:
> you know there are 2 playlists that are essentially MLG right? The reason they aren’t called MLG is because MLG isn’t supporting Halo… Hardcore is MLG playlists essentially from h2 + h3, then the competitive Halo playlist is the most recent competitive form of halo, the one ESL is using for the halo league.
>
> There is a swat playlist…
>
> as for doubles it was said that would be added later. and meh I’m not fussed about snipers, though I’m surprised its not a playlist.
>
> and having 1 game = 1 playlist makes it harder to find games, it will spread the community out too much.
>
> as for having more ranked playlists, they are testing out their ranking system, so they only have 2.
> and if someone quits a game because they are playing a halo they don’t like as much then -Yoink- them, they are children.
>
> just because you didn’t read the playlists which were announced with plenty of time, doesn’t mean you have to throw a temper tantrum.

I fully understand Hardcore = MLG, but H3 has no Hardcore playlist.

The fact you guys are arguing against my points of their lack of playlist/game modes, is a direct reason why they are the way they are. Nobody opens their mouth, so we get what we get. I’m at least trying to get across the points where they messed up, and could potentially fix. It’s not only me who feels this way about the lack of playlists/modes.

Ranked as of right now, can start you with a game that is uneven…I mean, really? Who thought that was a good idea?

No quit penalties as far as I can see either. I’ll just stop though. No point arguing with you, clearly 343 already owns you.

You have to understand as someone who played H2/H3 and even some H1 as a young kid, I was anticipating such a great game, and I’m sorry if you think my post was , “temper tantrum”, but I was looking forward to playing a “GOOD”, Halo again, and I was severely disappointed. That’s what these forums are for, to voice your opinions on matters and have discussion. I’m sorry you’re a slave to them and cannot open your eyes to see they’ve sold you a faulty product that could have been TONS better.

I’m sick of giving these game makers my money and not causing any kind of fuss after they’ve sold me something that is a mess. I’d rather say something, than nothing…Maybe my post and others combined, will cause change to take place.

> 2790623340544113;6:
> > 2533274808314601;4:
> > > 2533274911163149;3:
> > > I laugh at this only because it was very clear if you watched their coverage on the game, what playlists would be like. Its you’re own fault for buying it without knowing what you were buying.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > You’re own fault, nice.
> >
> > Anyway, even if hew knew what these playlists would be before hand he’s still a Halo fan, it’s his right to play. It’s also our right to want what he’s saying. I definitely want a playlist for H3 slayer, H3 swat, etc. As much as anyone else wants a playlist for H2 stuff.
>
>
>
>
> that is very silly, if you want that many playlists then all the playlists won’t have much population, having a swat playlist makes more sense than have like 2 - 4 playlists for swat, because it will be incredibly unpopulated. Same with slayer

How is it. “very silly”? It’s how EVERY other Halo was…

What you’re pretty much saying is, that nobody is going to be playing Halo…Which SHOULD be false, but I assume many others besides myself aren’t playing due to the playlists/modes, and the fact that you can’t even find a game. Halo was mostly a competitive arcade shooter throughout its years. They’ve completely taken out the “competitive” aspect to it. One ranked playlist, (Ranking coming soon… on 5+ others), and the one ranked playlists will start a game with uneven teams…How fair.

Not to mention, the one ranked playlist, has radar. Oh how competitive, just like MLG had radar too right…?

And if you’re going to say, “Oh well they are going to fix/change things, and the ranked playlists will be available soon. Why are you crying?”

This goes back to my last post and I’m tired of accepting unfinished games, that we end up pre-ordering, accepting, and are ready to play as a FULL game, and we’re left with this unfinished product? Unacceptable…

That’s like going to a store/getting food and getting 3/4th what you bought or half your burger missing…You just going to keep accepting getting screwed?

> 2533274838310008;8:
> > 2790623340544113;6:
> > > 2533274808314601;4:
> > > > 2533274911163149;3:
> > > > I laugh at this only because it was very clear if you watched their coverage on the game, what playlists would be like. Its you’re own fault for buying it without knowing what you were buying.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > You’re own fault, nice.
> > >
> > > Anyway, even if hew knew what these playlists would be before hand he’s still a Halo fan, it’s his right to play. It’s also our right to want what he’s saying. I definitely want a playlist for H3 slayer, H3 swat, etc. As much as anyone else wants a playlist for H2 stuff.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > that is very silly, if you want that many playlists then all the playlists won’t have much population, having a swat playlist makes more sense than have like 2 - 4 playlists for swat, because it will be incredibly unpopulated. Same with slayer
>
>
>
> How is it. “very silly”? It’s how EVERY other Halo was…
>
> What you’re pretty much saying is, that nobody is going to be playing Halo…Which SHOULD be false, but I assume many others besides myself aren’t playing due to the playlists/modes, and the fact that you can’t even find a game. Halo was mostly a competitive arcade shooter throughout its years. They’ve completely taken out the “competitive” aspect to it. One ranked playlist, (Ranking coming soon… on 5+ others), and the one ranked playlists will start a game with uneven teams…How fair.
>
> Not to mention, the one ranked playlist, has radar. Oh how competitive, just like MLG had radar too right…?
>
> And if you’re going to say, “Oh well they are going to fix/change things, and the ranked playlists will be available soon. Why are you crying?”
>
> This goes back to my last post and I’m tired of accepting unfinished games, that we end up pre-ordering, accepting, and are ready to play as a FULL game, and we’re left with this unfinished product? Unacceptable…
>
> That’s like going to a store/getting food and getting 3/4th what you bought or half your burger missing…You just going to keep accepting getting screwed?

I played Halo 3 online and practically all of the ranked playlists had radar just like their corresponding social playlist.

For example, Team Slayer:
Ranked Team Slayer = had radar
Social Team Slayer = had radar was 5v5 though instead of 4v4

I fully agree with everything else you have said though. It’s ridiculously depressing how 343 Industries can’t even figure out to just simply rehash Halo 2 and 3, much less make a true sequel to them.