Playlist Update Ideas

> I thought that too, then i asked the forum and they told me you can get that achievement in custom games. They were right.

Custom games? Can you explain?

I want Snipers put back into Doubles.

> I want Snipers put back into Doubles.

I agree. Doubles could use some variety.

Add Cloneball to Action Sack

Remove Shotty Sniper for Action Sack and add it to Snipers with a VERY low weighting.

> Add Cloneball to Action Sack
>
> Remove Shotty Sniper for Action Sack and add it to Snipers with a VERY low weighting.

Great idea! Cloneball is awesome!

Just a few ideas.

A big team slayer option, 8 on 8, all the slayer options. BTB shows mostly assault/ctf or variants thereof when I go there.

A better matching system, try to keep the MP matches more even. I’m sure I’m not the only one staring down a team of Generals and higher with recruits and warrant officers as back up. (And yes, I know that your rank doesn’t relate to your skill. But seriously, 2 Generals, a field Marshal, and a Forerunner against a Field Marshal, 2 Warrant officers, and a commander?)

Party matching would be nice, to keep things on an even keel as well. If you have a four man party in team slayer, match 'em up against an equal party. Communication is key in matches. And with the team speak option, I miss half of what is said. Usually because some kid is singing a random song.

A Boot AFKers option. It’s annoying when half your team is assassination/commendation bait because they can’t be bothered to fight. At least noobs try to fight back.

Those are just a few of my ideas. I’ll try to think of better ones, or flesh these out. Maybe both.

Yes yes, there are dozens of topic on such a matter, but whatever.

People have been complaining about the lack of competitive play in Halo Reach, and I think I’ve got a solution:

First, we need the following playlist categories :

• Arena
  • Social
  • Cooperative
  • DLC
  • Grab bag
  • CEA

Next, the following playlists within each catergory:

• Arena (Much Like ranked playlists. Would put emphasis on strict Trueskill based matchmaking)
  • Lone Wolves
  • Team Slayer (4v4)
  • Squad Battle (6v6)
  • Team Objective
  • Arena Invasion (No invasion slayer or skirmish; DLC required and include some community maps)
  • Team Precision (Bad name, I know. This would include Snipers and Swat gametypes)
  • Arena Doubles
  • BTB

Each playlist would have the standard 3 month season and a local rank. A global rank would be earned based on ratings from each game in all Arena playlists. This would be displayed in every playlist when outside of the Arena

• Social

• Rumble Pit

• Social Slayer

• Squad Slayer

• Social Precision

• Social Objective

• Multi Team

• Race

• Invasion (This would act like the current Invasion Playlist. Include community content)

• Social Big Team

• Action Sack (Perhaps no credits, like Halo 3’s. Dunno)

• Cooperative

• Co-Op campaign

• Score Attack

• Firefight Arcade

• FF Unlimited (7 lives and unending waves of covenant. A classic experience)

• FF Versus (Something I looked forward too, and has yet to be used. If not in a separate playlist, include in Arcade)

• DLC

• DLC Slayer

• DLC Objective

• Grab Bag (this would act like the Double Experience Weekends of Halo 3. Credit Jackpots and rotating playlist each Weekend)

• Noble or Defiant Brawl

• Living Dead

• Grifball

• Community BTB

• Others

• CEA (this would come about when CEA releases)

• CEA Slayer

• CEA Objective

• CEA Precision

• CEA FFA

So, community, what do you think of this?

I dig it. 'Nuff said.

Instead of having dlc playlist, just make the dlc required for 75% of the playlists. I feel like I have waisted my money on the map packs because I am restricted to two playlists.

> Instead of having dlc playlist, just make the dlc required for 75% of the playlists. I feel like I have waisted my money on the map packs because I am restricted to two playlists.

I agree with you there man. I feel like I wasted 15 bucks on maps I barely get to play.

However, if they made the dlc required for most playlists, then Halo Reach would probably end up losing a lot of its population. I know what it’s like to not be able to play certain playlists because you don’t have certain maps (this was done in H3), and I didn’t like that they did it. I always liked to play swat, but didn’t get the Legendary map pack (if you remember this far back, legendary dlc was the only dlc required to play swat for a while) til like a good 6 months after it came out.

I think that’s why they don’t do it in Halo Reach. They realize that not everyone buys the maps, and they don’t wanna restrict what playlists you can take part in for those that don’t or can’t afford to buy the maps.

Problems:

1. Swat players don’t want to play Snipers, Snipers don’t want to play SWAT.

2. I don’t want communities to be split in two (BTB & Lone Wolves/Rumble Pit are the obvious examples)

3. The Arena ranking system is deeply flawed (doesn’t reward k/d, only w/L.).This needs to be fixed before anything like you’ve suggested can be implemented.

4. A Race playlist would be hard to find matches in, although would be interesting.

5. Not enough CEA playlists, and the ones there aren’t varied enough.

On the plus side, Team Precision is a good name and FF Versus/Unlimited would be great!

Oh, an enormous problem.
LIVING DEAD IS THE MOST POPULAR PLAYLIST. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU ROTATE IT EVERY 5 WEEKS OR SO???

> Instead of having dlc playlist, just make the dlc required for 75% of the playlists. I feel like I have waisted my money on the map packs because I am restricted to two playlists.

And then have to force people to buy DLC to play there favourite playlist?

Good idea for money, bad idea for popularity.

> I dig it. 'Nuff said.

Suppose I’ve thought of something more to say. BTB should be split into two playlists, Big Team Battle Slayer, and Big Team Battle Objective. I’m more of an objective gametype player, and while I’ll stick with Slayer if I get it, I think it would be better to just have them separate.

> Problems:
>
> 1. Swat players don’t want to play Snipers, Snipers don’t want to play SWAT.
>
> 2. I don’t want communities to be split in two (BTB & Lone Wolves/Rumble Pit are the obvious examples)
>
> 3. The Arena ranking system is deeply flawed (doesn’t reward k/d, only w/L.).This needs to be fixed before anything like you’ve suggested can be implemented.
>
> 4. A Race playlist would be hard to find matches in, although would be interesting.
>
> 5. Not enough CEA playlists, and the ones there aren’t varied enough.
>
> On the plus side, Team Precision is a good name and FF Versus/Unlimited would be great!

1. Then Keep Swat and Snipers separate. I don’t care one way or another.

2. The community will always be split in some manner. At the very least, Arena need to be its own category with more than just team slayer.

3. Halo’s ranking systems have always been based on w/l. Arena was, originally, more based on k/d, but this is just as flawed a system as the w/l system. I personally like the arena system as it is now.

4. People seem to love rocket hog race well enough. I think a race playlist would work out.

5. The more the marrier, I say.

6. Thanks.

Concerning the DLC: a DLC playlist is always nice for when DLC is brand new, but I agree that it needs to be implemented into more playlist, at least 75%. I love invasion, but I want to play more breakpoint.

> Oh, an enormous problem.
> LIVING DEAD IS THE MOST POPULAR PLAYLIST. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU ROTATE IT EVERY 5 WEEKS OR SO???

Also agree hugely on this, casuals would be forced to play something they don’t want in their spare time.

> Oh, an enormous problem.
> LIVING DEAD IS THE MOST POPULAR PLAYLIST. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU ROTATE IT EVERY 5 WEEKS OR SO???

Because I hate infection as it is. But that’s just my opinion. I have no problem keeping it as a social list.

> > Instead of having dlc playlist, just make the dlc required for 75% of the playlists. I feel like I have waisted my money on the map packs because I am restricted to two playlists.
>
> And then have to force people to buy DLC to play there favourite playlist?
>
> Good idea for money, bad idea for popularity.

It worked well enough in Halo 3.

> > I dig it. 'Nuff said.
>
> Suppose I’ve thought of something more to say. BTB should be split into two playlists, Big Team Battle Slayer, and Big Team Battle Objective. I’m more of an objective gametype player, and while I’ll stick with Slayer if I get it, I think it would be better to just have them separate.

It would be nice, but they would never been populated enough to justify such a thing. This is why rank big team was taken out of Halo 3. Not enough players.

> > Oh, an enormous problem.
> > LIVING DEAD IS THE MOST POPULAR PLAYLIST. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU ROTATE IT EVERY 5 WEEKS OR SO???
>
> Because I hate infection as it is. But that’s just my opinion. I have no problem keeping it as a social list.

Oh well, I have lost respect for you, you were suggesting it for the community and instead you just decide to put it their because you hate Infection.

It’s the most popular playlist in Reach and most likely will be until CEA, stop thinking of yourself and think of the majority.

> > > Oh, an enormous problem.
> > > LIVING DEAD IS THE MOST POPULAR PLAYLIST. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU ROTATE IT EVERY 5 WEEKS OR SO???
> >
> > Because I hate infection as it is. But that’s just my opinion. I have no problem keeping it as a social list.
>
> Oh well, I have lost respect for you, you were suggesting it for the community and instead you just decide to put it their because you hate Infection.
>
> It’s the most popular playlist in Reach and most likely will be until CEA, stop thinking of yourself and think of the majority.

In all honest, I think the community game types would be better suited for a grab bag weekend type list. It worked out well in Halo 3. If people want to keep infection, keep it. I don’t care one way or another.

Nicely done, if 343 actually do this I will be very happy but I doubt it will happen.