Playlist rank reset?

I’ve heard multiple people talking about it online that they are doing playlist resets most say December 1st? Are people just spreading rumors or is there an actual source for this?

I don’t know when, but they are having multiple resets

> 2533274794373199;2:
> I don’t know when, but they are having multiple resets

I don’t like that.

> Seasons are a new competitive feature for Arena that gives you a chance to continuously challenge yourself while having the opportunity to earn monthly rewards. When Seasons debut later this year, your CSR in certain playlists will be reset and you will play your placement matches again. You get a fresh start each month to try to prove yourself in select Seasonal Arena playlists. This gives you a chance to top your performance from last season, and see how high of a rank you can achieve. Seasons will last for a month, and anybody who earns a CSR in a Seasonal Playlist will earn cosmetic rewards to commemorate the Season. (Here’s a sneak peek at the emblem rewarded for the December season)
>
> Season boundaries will also be an important milestone for when we make changes to the Arena experience based on community feedback. Once we launch, we will be listening for all types of feedback regarding Arena: favorite maps, mode settings, playlists, etc…We plan to implement all of these changes at season boundaries.

The arena goes in seasons. When a season is over all ranks re-set. The next match you play in an arena play list will be the first of your ten qualifying rounds for the new season. In a lot of games a season is somewhere between a month and three months. I don’t know how long a season will run for Guardians, but I’d be surprised if they let it go any longer than that.

Wait, rank resets? As in, reset everyone’s rank back to zero and sticking the MLG1337pros who achieved huge ranks in the playlists back in the same selection pool as the ‘never-played-Halo-in-his-life-n00b’? Exactly why would they do something like that?

> 2533274822956263;6:
> Wait, rank resets? As in, reset everyone’s rank back to zero and sticking the MLG1337pros who achieved huge ranks in the playlists back in the same selection pool as the ‘never-played-Halo-in-his-life-n00b’? Exactly why would they do something like that?

You must be new, this happens in all the games that have a “arena” arctype that is towards the mlg side

> 2533274862181038;4:
> > Seasons are a new competitive feature for Arena that gives you a chance to continuously challenge yourself while having the opportunity to earn monthly rewards. When Seasons debut later this year, your CSR in certain playlists will be reset and you will play your placement matches again. You get a fresh start each month to try to prove yourself in select Seasonal Arena playlists. This gives you a chance to top your performance from last season, and see how high of a rank you can achieve. Seasons will last for a month, and anybody who earns a CSR in a Seasonal Playlist will earn cosmetic rewards to commemorate the Season. (Here’s a sneak peek at the emblem rewarded for the December season)
> >
> > Season boundaries will also be an important milestone for when we make changes to the Arena experience based on community feedback. Once we launch, we will be listening for all types of feedback regarding Arena: favorite maps, mode settings, playlists, etc…We plan to implement all of these changes at season boundaries.

Certain Playlists not all. Fair enough i suppose.

> 2533274822956263;6:
> Wait, rank resets? As in, reset everyone’s rank back to zero and sticking the MLG1337pros who achieved huge ranks in the playlists back in the same selection pool as the ‘never-played-Halo-in-his-life-n00b’? Exactly why would they do something like that?

I bet we will all face similar opponents in our first placement match as we ended the season with. Here is a scenario I believe (and hope) they will be using.

I am currently Onyx 2129 in FFA. If it were to reset tomorrow, I would bet a substantial sum of money that my first game would be against those same individuals. Now if I came in 8th place, my next game might be against ~1600ish Onyx to see if I can do well against them.

Also, the game finds our very quickly how good the players are, so even if they used the “back to zero” approach, the top 1,000 people will probably be done playing against bronze through gold within their first 2-3 games. They are a little better than I am and I was playing Diamond/Onyx people by game 5 in my placement matches. So I wouldn’t worry too much about it, chances are, you will not even play them.