Playlist Info

Now that Bungie has changed their site around, it appears as though they have gotten rid of all of the playlist info for the Halo games. Is there anywhere else I can go to see the information for the Halo 3 playlists? I’m curious about what maps and gametypes are in each of them, but it would take forever to find out on my own.

Dunno, but I would assume they haven’t changed much since Reach came out.

I don’t think they’ve changed at all since reach came out, I was just curious what maps and gametypes were in each playlist. That way I could play in the one most suited towards my desires lol. I essentially want to play all of the old maps without the DLC and without the forged maps, so I guess that Social Slayer will have to do, but I get the feeling that Team Rockets popping up is going to get annoying. At the same time, I don’t know if those are the only maps in it, or if it filters some DLC in if all players have those maps. I have the maps, I just don’t want to play them.

And on a side note, I miss the old BTB playlist, the one that was mostly just Valhalla and Sandtrap without all the other crap weighing it down.

Team Rockets doesn’t show up very often. If you look at my recent history for Halo 3 I have a bunch of Social Slayer, and it’s mostly all Team BRs or Team Slayer.

Also, you could just delete the map packs you downloaded if you want to play just the core maps. I’m not sure how many playlists you’ll be able to play in, but you can always re-download them.

I was considering doing that, unfortunately there are no BTB style playlists that allow you to do that though. I’m currently looking through the playlist data on Halopedian, not too sure how accurate it is, but it seems pretty reliable so far. I really hope that 343 puts this info on this site at some point.

As for Team Rockets, I got on the other day to play a couple of games and both games I played were team rockets lol. I kinda enjoy the gametype, I just don’t want it to show up too often.

> Now that Bungie has changed their site around, it appears as though they have gotten rid of all of the playlist info for the Halo games. Is there anywhere else I can go to see the information for the Halo 3 playlists? I’m curious about what maps and gametypes are in each of them, but it would take forever to find out on my own.

I’m told the info should be pinned to this forum some time this week.

Keep mashing that F5 button, I know I am.

> > Now that Bungie has changed their site around, it appears as though they have gotten rid of all of the playlist info for the Halo games. Is there anywhere else I can go to see the information for the Halo 3 playlists? I’m curious about what maps and gametypes are in each of them, but it would take forever to find out on my own.
>
> I’m told the info should be pinned to this forum some time this week.
>
> Keep mashing that F5 button, I know I am.

woot! This makes me happy. Hopefully it’s both Halo Reach AND Halo 3, and not just Halo Reach.

> And on a side note, I miss the old BTB playlist, the one that was mostly just Valhalla and Sandtrap without all the other crap weighing it down.

lolwut?

Nobody wanted to play BTB that only had 2 average at best maps. And where was Last Resort? Anyway, I’m sure most people would rather play on Longshore, Avalanche, and the Sandbox maps over Sandtrap and Valhalla everytime.

But even that pales in comparison to what Halo 2 gave for BTB. Headlong, Burial Mounds, Zanzibar, Coagulation, Waterworks, Containment, Relic, and Terminal.

> > And on a side note, I miss the old BTB playlist, the one that was mostly just Valhalla and Sandtrap without all the other crap weighing it down.
>
> lolwut?
>
> Nobody wanted to play BTB that only had 2 average at best maps. And where was Last Resort? Anyway, I’m sure most people would rather play on Longshore, Avalanche, and the Sandbox maps over Sandtrap and Valhalla everytime.
>
> But even that pales in comparison to what Halo 2 gave for BTB. Headlong, Burial Mounds, Zanzibar, Coagulation, Waterworks, Containment, Relic, and Terminal.

I, my good sir, strongly disagree. The original Halo 3 BTB playlist was what made me fall in love with the Halo franchise. Valhalla in particular was (IMHO) the perfect Halo multiplayer map. It was amazing for any sized game and every gametype. Sandtrap was also amazing simply for how huge it was. While some of the DLC maps were ok, they were nowhere close to being as fun as Valhalla and Sandtrap were to me. While I would be able to stand the playlist with DLC maps, the forge maps were just AWFUL. With them in the playlist and popping up practically all the time, I don’t enjoy it nearly as much as I used to. If the forge maps were removed from Halo 3’s matchmaking, It would be sooo much better. Plus they make it much more difficult for me to get games on Valhalla lol.

Also, I honestly couldn’t get into the first two games (as blasphemous as that may sound). Although, to be fair, while I played plenty of multiplayer, I never played a Halo game online until the day Halo 3 was released. So Halo 3 is, and will probably always be, my favorite <3.

> Now that Bungie has changed their site around, it appears as though they have gotten rid of all of the playlist info for the Halo games. Is there anywhere else I can go to see the information for the Halo 3 playlists? I’m curious about what maps and gametypes are in each of them, but it would take forever to find out on my own.

I also am looking for this information but can’t find it on Bungie’s site or this site. In particular I wanted to know the max local player info for each playlist for when friends are over…

> > Now that Bungie has changed their site around, it appears as though they have gotten rid of all of the playlist info for the Halo games. Is there anywhere else I can go to see the information for the Halo 3 playlists? I’m curious about what maps and gametypes are in each of them, but it would take forever to find out on my own.
>
> I also am looking for this information but can’t find it on Bungie’s site or this site. In particular I wanted to know the max local player info for each playlist for when friends are over…

Agreed, quite frustrated, wish I had just kept the old info at Bungie’s site I could copy and paste here.

I was told last week a second e-mail was sent to gather the information. CLEARLY it was not the kind of nastygram it should have been.