Playlist Idea: SPARTAN-III Slayer

EDIT: The gametype is now up on my file share: search SGTBookWorm, gametype is SPI Slayer

Basically you play as SPARTAN-IIIs killing each other. However, unlike the Spartans in Reach, your MJOLNIR armour is now SPI armour. There would I guess be multiple gametypes, Team Slayer and a few objective gametypes such as Dominion and CTF.

Teams EDIT: definitely cant do this :frowning:
-Sage
-Steel

Base Trait Changes:
-No Shields
-Reduced jump height (75%)
-Reduced Melee damage (25%)
-active camo (acts like AA, but always on)
-Motion sensor allies only
-Damage resistance increased (110%)
-Weapon damage reduced (90%)
-headshots off

Loadout 1:
-Assault Rifle
-Magnum
-Frag Grenades
-Resupply
-Dexterity (cant put Stealth)

Loadout 2:
-DMR
-Magnum
-Frag Grenades
-Resupply
-Dexterity (cant put Stealth)

Map Spawns (EDIT: i was too lazy to do this on all the maps, these are all ordinance now):
-Hardlight Shield (they use covenant shields in the book) (middle)
-Carbine (left)
-Storm Rifle (left)
-Plasma Grenades (right)
-Pulse Grenades (right)
-Frag Grenades (right)
-Battle Rifle
-Thruster Pack (middle)
-Plasma Pistol (just for the lols) (left)
-Light Rifle (left)
-Suppressor (left)
-Boltshot (because why not?) (left)
-Autosentry (middle)
-Jetpack (middle)
-Speed Boost (right)
-SAW (right)
-Needler (right)
-Promethean vision (middle)
-Shotgun (left)
-Scattershot (left)
-Hologram (middle)

Interesting idea but Designated Magnetism Rifle + No Shields = most frustrating thing ever.

how about the DMR as a non respawning map weapon?

EDIT: or maybe headshots off?

I demand an MA5K for this playlist

> I demand an MA5K for this playlist

Yeah I wish. But it would end up in a weird spot between the SMG and the AR.

Change the name to SPI slayer.
Spartan 3’s can also wear MJOLNIR armor and I think some people will be confused because of the spartans in Reach.

Also buff the player health a little and ad immunity to headshots because of the headshot capable weapons.

Sounds cool. But, I think you should just leave the loadouts at the one with the Assault Rifle. The DMR spawns again with this new shieldless gametype would be frustrating as hell. Either keep it a map weapon or just don’t include it. Other than that, I like it.

So want nearly all you said but rather have

Increased Jump Hight, because these are still Semi-Powered yet have virtually no heavy armor weighing them down. So jumping 110% sounds pretty reasonable

So would in erasing movement speed to 110%. With weak camo on already encouraging players to move slowly, then having the ability to pounce as a swift assassin would be great. Spartan-IIIs were also described to have been moving with “speed and reflexes that no Covenant could follow”.

I get the “no shields” but what about 150% damage resistance to reflect the 009762-OO drug that enabled them to fight much longer even while being mortally wounded (Reach fans can think of how Emile still had fight in him after being stabbed)

> So want nearly all you said but rather have
>
> Increased Jump Hight, because these are still Semi-Powered yet have virtually no heavy armor weighing them down. So jumping 110% sounds pretty reasonable
>
> So would in erasing movement speed to 110%. With weak camo on already encouraging players to move slowly, then having the ability to pounce as a swift assassin would be great. Spartan-IIIs were also described to have been moving with “speed and reflexes that no Covenant could follow”.
>
> I get the “no shields” but what about 150% damage resistance to reflect the 009762-OO drug that enabled them to fight much longer even while being mortally wounded (Reach fans can think of how Emile still had fight in him after being stabbed)

While the SPI is lighter, its still heavy and most of the normal spartan jump height is from the armour. I am considering the movement speed. And I did have a long think about the damage resistance, and im not really sure whether to do that.

Also, it will most likely be head shots off. I still want the DMR in the game