PLAYLIST FEEDBACK: Anniversary Firefight

Please discuss the Anniversary Firefight playlist here.

Looking for a different Anniversary Feedback Thread?

This thread summarises my concerns

The playlist only includes Arcade gametypes, which do not do the map justice.

Get rid of Arcade, and add FF Limited (like it was before) and Classic FF, with no AAs, modified movement and more ODST-like AI (not just bullet sponges).

I would like some Firefight Limited gametypes in the playlist please. The arcade gametype defeats the purpose of the ODST’s on the map. :frowning:

I would like FF Limited to take advantage of ODST’s on the back of my Warthog. The only problem is that the ODST’s are a copy of those used in the campaign.

This means that…

1. They barely shoot and mostly just crouch around making them not very useful unless you give them a heavy weapon.
  2. They die VERY easily. As in GRUNTS on NORMAL easy!

I would prefer if…

1. Enemy AI damage was reduced while the amount of damage that Spartans can take should also be reduced to compensate.
  2. Decrease the enemy AI damage resistance to have the ODSTs spawning with a normal weapon be more useful while also decreasing Spartan damage.

Please note this custom gametype should only be applied to maps with ODSTs, which is only Installation 04 right now

ODSTs are using the normal settings while everyone else is weaker but does less damage, which keeps the gameplay the same except it makes the ODSTs stronger and the damage to vehicles is reduced (which is good) and lowers damage to the environment. If this is done, Hazards must also be turned off if the Wraith is featured on Installation 04.

I’ll test out these changes and upload a gametype as soon as I can for you guys to try out.

Beautiful setting… but as others have mentioned, the lack of a Limited gametype means players don’t get to see it truly blossom.

It has the potential to be one of the most challenging FF maps. Can we get Limited as a voting option, please?

As others have rightfully pointed out, this map needs FF Limited. The current gametypes are much too fast paced to properly enjoy this map.

FF limited would be great, as well as “Firefight ODST”.
NO AAs, no bloom, limited ammo and lives, more AIs but less health and shield for each enemy (strength in numbers, not shields). Make the AI “smarter”, see more, hear more, charge more (hunt us ODST style). :slight_smile:

> The playlist only includes Arcade gametypes, which do not do the map justice.

This.

Arcade gametypes are just bad.

I want to play FF Limited on that map…

Put in something other than arcade.

Also, Arcade should only be 10-15 minutes. I constantly find that I am the only player who hasn’t quit, because the other players lost interest.

This playlist doesn’t do the map justice at all.

343 really needs to spend some time on Firefight to bring it up to par.

Limited. Please. And Crashsite, etc. I loved that.

Here is my feedback.

Basically it’s rubbish.

I really enjoy Installation 04! From the man-cannon that can launch you to the center of the map (or the Covenant, sheesh,) to being able to see the Halo ring and Threshold (the gas giant) in the sky, to the vehicles and the different architecture of the structures (which allows for some interesting and amazing encounters,) I just love it! My only gripes are that the ODST troopers are just for show, and I can’t access the inside of the structures like how I could in the mission from Halo: CE, but other than that, good work, 343i!

> As others have rightfully pointed out, this map needs FF Limited. The current gametypes are much too fast paced to properly enjoy this map.

As was pointed out by the removal of Limited, most of the population didn’t like Limited. I’ve summarized my thoughts (assumptions, inferences and deductions) in several other posts about why Limited was removed, so you can read those if you wish. However, a Limited-like playlist that is more fun to play would be awesome. Anniversary FF is redundant with the Arcadefight playlist and its existence is keeping any FF Survival-style playlist from getting a chance to succeed. Best thing to do is keep saying “Rabble, rabble, rabble!” until 343 melds this single map into Arcadefight and a new FF Survival-style playlist.