"Playlist Bans" will help prevent quitting.

I’m sure you’ve heard it all before… “You guys voted for Elite Slayer? I’m quitting!” “Not Countdown again! I’m quitting!” “I’ll never get this achievement if people never vote for this gametype! I’m quitting!” “This map doesn’t have a Banshee, I’m quitting!”

People who quit any game outside of Rumble Pit should get slapped with a “playlist ban”. This would be <mark>a short time-out from the playlist they quit from</mark>, where they can’t search again in that playlist for a half hour, or until they complete another game in another playlist.

A second playlist ban in the same playlist received within 24 hours would have double consequences, where the player can’t return to the playlist for a full hour or until they complete two games in other playlists.

The playlist ban would only affect people who quit in the first five minutes of a game. The playlist ban would not trigger if two or more people on your team have already quit.

The point of this is to stop the plague of selfish people quitting at the beginning of matches because they don’t like the map or gametype that was voted on, and then searching again. The quitter ban is weak, and the system tolerates this sore loser behavior. A playlist ban would fix it.

TL;DR

if people want to quit, they’re going to quit. I’m not playing Snipers on Hemmorage, and you can’t force me :wink:

> TL;DR
>
> if people want to quit, they’re going to quit. I’m not playing Snipers on Hemmorage, and you can’t force me :wink:

Would you still quit as frequently when Snipers on Hemmorhage came up if you knew you couldn’t just search Team Slayer again in ten seconds? Nope. That’s the point of the playlist ban.

You’re selfish for deserting your teammates.

Or you know just bring back a Ranking System in Halo 4 and forget about the quit bans because a ranking system did a fine job at discouraging quitting. It didn’t completely prevent it but nothing would or could.

Nor should someone be forced to play something if they don’t want to. If they need to go or if they don’t want to play it, they shouldn’t have to. Fun is subjective, if they aren’t having fun, they won’t stick around. Quit trying to prevent people from quitting or punish those that do, instead give them an incentive to stay around.

People care for rank, quitting out would mean they’d most likely lose the game and/or their rank. It discouraged it. Halo 3’s exp system also added to it as well. Even though I didn’t care about the exp system side of it, it also discouraged quitting because people wanted to reach a certain xp rank. Quit out? Lose an xp and now have to win a game to get it back. Quit multiple games? Well now you’re just taking three steps back an one step forward.

Reach’s MM is just broken an bad, theres nothing that can really fix it at this point in time.

Its quite funny how needed a ranking system is needed within Halo.

> > TL;DR
> >
> > if people want to quit, they’re going to quit. I’m not playing Snipers on Hemmorage, and you can’t force me :wink:
>
> Would you still quit as frequently when Snipers on Hemmorhage came up if you knew you couldn’t just search Team Slayer again in ten seconds? Nope. That’s the point of the playlist ban.
>
> You’re selfish for deserting your teammates.

Yup. The only way I wouldn’t quit is if it took away cR. It’s the only viable option, and is not going to happen. Besides, I’m actually giving my team the ADVANTAGE because the opposing team has to find 3 people instead of 4 on a map the size of Africa.

> > TL;DR
> >
> > if people want to quit, they’re going to quit. I’m not playing Snipers on Hemmorage, and you can’t force me :wink:
>
> Would you still quit as frequently when Snipers on Hemmorhage came up if you knew you couldn’t just search Team Slayer again in ten seconds? Nope. That’s the point of the playlist ban.
>
> You’re selfish for deserting your teammates.

Yes I would. Then I would come on the forums and complain that Team Snipers doesn’t have a vast enough map selection.

Although it’s a good idea this ban is too encompassing. Halo 3 policed this much better by having you loss an experience point if you quit out of a game. Reach possesses no such mechanic because the gameplay is aimed at bad kids -Yoink!- cR’s so they have little to no incentive to finish a game if they don’t want to unless they want the cR bonus.

You cannot ‘force’ people to stay in a game they do not want to be in it. Yes I know it sucks… A great way to fix this that would NEVER happen is to add Arena Rankings to more playlists. This would give people an incentive to play it all the way through…

> > > TL;DR
> > >
> > > if people want to quit, they’re going to quit. I’m not playing Snipers on Hemmorage, and you can’t force me :wink:
> >
> > Would you still quit as frequently when Snipers on Hemmorhage came up if you knew you couldn’t just search Team Slayer again in ten seconds? Nope. That’s the point of the playlist ban.
> >
> > You’re selfish for deserting your teammates.
>
> Yes I would. Then I would come on the forums and complain that Team Snipers doesn’t have a vast enough map selection.
>
> Although it’s a good idea this ban is too encompassing. Halo 3 policed this much better by having you loss an experience point if you quit out of a game. Reach possesses no such mechanic because the gameplay is aimed at bad kids -Yoink!- cR’s so they have little to no incentive to finish a game if they don’t want to unless they want the cR bonus.
>
> You cannot ‘force’ people to stay in a game they do not want to be in it. Yes I know it sucks… A great way to fix this that would NEVER happen is to add Arena Rankings to more playlists. This would give people an incentive to play it all the way through…

The fact that neither Bungie nor 343 have even mentioned adding ranking to Reach means either it’s not possible or they just can’t be bothered to do the work. Surely you don’t think it’s because rank in Reach has been suggested a million times on the forums and not a million and one times.

This little time-out is a simple solution that’s fair to everyone.

It’s not forcing people to stay in a game, it’s simply making quitting less of a convenient way to re-roll the voting dice.

> > > > TL;DR
> > > >
> > > > if people want to quit, they’re going to quit. I’m not playing Snipers on Hemmorage, and you can’t force me :wink:
> > >
> > > Would you still quit as frequently when Snipers on Hemmorhage came up if you knew you couldn’t just search Team Slayer again in ten seconds? Nope. That’s the point of the playlist ban.
> > >
> > > You’re selfish for deserting your teammates.
> >
> > Yes I would. Then I would come on the forums and complain that Team Snipers doesn’t have a vast enough map selection.
> >
> > Although it’s a good idea this ban is too encompassing. Halo 3 policed this much better by having you loss an experience point if you quit out of a game. Reach possesses no such mechanic because the gameplay is aimed at bad kids -Yoink!- cR’s so they have little to no incentive to finish a game if they don’t want to unless they want the cR bonus.
> >
> > You cannot ‘force’ people to stay in a game they do not want to be in it. Yes I know it sucks… A great way to fix this that would NEVER happen is to add Arena Rankings to more playlists. This would give people an incentive to play it all the way through…
>
> The fact that neither Bungie nor 343 have even mentioned adding ranking to Reach means either it’s not possible or they just can’t be bothered to do the work. Surely you don’t think it’s because rank in Reach has been suggested a million times on the forums and not a million and one times.
>
> This little time-out is a simple solution that’s fair to everyone.
>
> It’s not forcing people to stay in a game, it’s simply making quitting less of a convenient way to re-roll the voting dice.

343 has in fact mentioned that they will not be implementing a 1-50 system. Nothing has been mentioned about adding Arena ranks to more playlists.

I was just merely suggesting the best option but that would in fact require 343 to do some work now wouldn’t it…

nope. If some playlist ban came up I’d do what I already do on the quit ban: Get on another account and keep playing and quit the dumb maps or gametypes (like elite slayer) that get voted in.

I shouldn’t be subject to play the stupidity of some of the stuff derp reach has.

> nope. If some playlist ban came up I’d do what I already do on the quit ban: Get on another account and keep playing and quit the dumb maps or gametypes (like elite slayer) that get voted in.
>
> I shouldn’t be subject to play the stupidity of some of the stuff derp reach has.

Bans apply to all accounts on the console. Either way, people with multiple accounts are rare enough to not worry about.

> The fact that neither Bungie nor 343 have even mentioned adding ranking to Reach means either it’s not possible or they just can’t be bothered to do the work. Surely you don’t think it’s because rank in Reach has been suggested a million times on the forums and not a million and one times.

Not quite sure what you two are arguing over but I will just inform you of one thing.

A few months ago the MLG community did ask for a ranking system, the answer was it was possible but would require a ton of work and resources that they simply didn’t have. They would have to take people off from working on H4 to do it, which wouldn’t be a good thing.

They didn’t mention anything about adding Arena to other playlists though or how much time that would take.

Best solution for Reach would be to add party restrictions to more playlists and tighten the True Skill a tad within more playlists as well.

> Bans apply to all accounts on the console. Either way, people with multiple accounts are rare enough to not worry about.

Quit bans are account specific, not console.

> > > Bans apply to all accounts on the console. Either way, people with multiple accounts are rare enough to not worry about.
> >
> > Quit bans are account specific, not console.
>
> this is true because I do it all the time. I’ve once had to quit hemorrhage 7 times in a row to get quit banned on one account. It’s the one map in Reach I cannot stand and I quit at the very beginning of the match. I signed out of my profile and into my other one and was able to keep playing. I’ve done this multiple times and it’s always worked.
>
> Best way to avoid dumb maps and gametypes and keep playing =)

Oh well, I’m sure 95% of people only have one account anyways so it doesn’t matter that much. Back on topic now?

> Oh well, I’m sure 95% of people only have one account anyways so it doesn’t matter that much. Back on topic now?

Don’t pull a number out of your gluteus maximus if you can’t back it up.

And no, most people probably have more than one account now adays, simply because you know 360s come with 3 one months.

Back on topic? Try addressing my first post that you seemingly ignored.

> > Oh well, I’m sure 95% of people only have one account anyways so it doesn’t matter that much. Back on topic now?
>
> Don’t pull a number out of your gluteus maximus if you can’t back it up.
>
> And no, most people probably have more than one account now adays, simply because you know 360s come with 3 one months.
>
>
> Back on topic? Try addressing my first post that you seemingly ignored.

Sorry for the butt stats, but even if I’m not right, whatever the number of people with only one account is, it’s probably a great majority.

I know you were talking about rank, and while I think that’s a good idea too, this thread is not about rank, it’s about a simpler fix.

> nope. If some playlist ban came up I’d do what I already do on the quit ban: Get on another account and keep playing and quit the dumb maps or gametypes (like elite slayer) that get voted in.
>
> I shouldn’t be subject to play the stupidity of some of the stuff derp reach has.

If you are that consistant your console IP may get banned for Poor sportsman ship which means, if you buy another xbox you are supplying the source that is bothering you. COC!

You should seek out a group to play with to make the maps you don’t enjoy a little more fitting. I don’t like all of the maps but i learn to work with the ones i don’t like. Makes you a better player and person all around.

> I know you were talking about rank, and while I think that’s a good idea too, this thread is not about rank, it’s about a simpler fix.

As I’ve said, theres really not much they can do with Reach. Reach MM as a whole is just broken an bad.

It sucks, I know, but we just have to preserver through it an wait for Halo 4.

> > > TL;DR
> > >
> > > if people want to quit, they’re going to quit. I’m not playing Snipers on Hemmorage, and you can’t force me :wink:
> >
> > Would you still quit as frequently when Snipers on Hemmorhage came up if you knew you couldn’t just search Team Slayer again in ten seconds? Nope. That’s the point of the playlist ban.
> >
> > You’re selfish for deserting your teammates.
>
> Yup. The only way I wouldn’t quit is if it took away cR. It’s the only viable option, and is not going to happen. Besides, <mark>I’m actually giving my team the ADVANTAGE because the opposing team has to find 3 people instead of 4</mark> on a map the size of Africa.

Your statement makes no sense at all. If you are a very good player and typically do well on that map (in spite of any hatred for it) you are doing your team a disservice. However, if you suck and get killed a lot, maybe you are doing them a favor.

> > > > TL;DR
> > > >
> > > > if people want to quit, they’re going to quit. I’m not playing Snipers on Hemmorage, and you can’t force me :wink:
> > >
> > > Would you still quit as frequently when Snipers on Hemmorhage came up if you knew you couldn’t just search Team Slayer again in ten seconds? Nope. That’s the point of the playlist ban.
> > >
> > > You’re selfish for deserting your teammates.
> >
> > Yup. The only way I wouldn’t quit is if it took away cR. It’s the only viable option, and is not going to happen. Besides, <mark>I’m actually giving my team the ADVANTAGE because the opposing team has to find 3 people instead of 4</mark> on a map the size of Africa.
>
> Your statement makes no sense at all.

No his statement makes perfect sense. In certain playlists (SWAT and Snipers) its an advantage to have a man down or two down (this can vary, depending on a few things) because the team with less has more to shoot at, while the other team has less and also because the playlists are one shots.

Curing the quitting problem is quit simple.

If they have a system which can track every single kill with individual guns for thousands of players each time… I’m pretty sure a system like this could be possible…

Incorporate Halo 3’s 1-50 along with Halo Reach’s credit system.

Of course, remove every stupid rank after Field Marshall. Hardly RANKS are they?

The problem with Halo 3 was the EXP system abuse for quitting. As you quit, it deducted EXP which could make it go into minus, and thus making it possible for you to rank up faster.

The problem with Halo Reach is it had NO true rank. People believed in Matchmaking that if you saw an Inheritor… the world would end!! Little did they know this rank can be achieved in Fire fight, Custom and Campaign. So you could earn credits to your hearts content.

People are constantly trying to find holes in the system with Halo 3 quitting and the Halo Reach Ethernet glitch.

TL;DR (Don’t be so lazy!!)
If you combined these systems (Halo 3 and Halo Reach) which gave you True skill and credits for Armoury or any purchases (If possible) you would have a certain amount of credits per rank.
So you would have lets say… 10,000cR to be a Warrant officer and 13,000cR for Warrant officer Grade 3. And if you quit, a certain amount of credits will be deducted… say 5,000cR which would demote you OR keep you at that rank till you earned enough credits to pass the ranking up stage.
And like Halo 3 (if you can’t pass a certain rank (ie Major grade 3) you would fall into the Field Major rank until you win a certain amount of games in a row without dying a certain amount within 10 games? or your K/D raises up to a certain level.

But combining the 2 would eliminate people quitting if they knew they would be demoted or losing credits. Let’s hope it has a similar system because I too am sick of quitters.

Oh and AA’s can -Yoink- of Halo 4.

Peace.