Playlist Adjustment Suggestions

Here are some adjustments I’d like to see to Reach on playlists.

Max local players? What’s up with that? I’m often at a friends where there are four of us. Three of them go on the big screen, I get on the smaller tv with my xbox. Problem is there’s a max local player size of 2 in Team Slayer. We’re definitely not going to shove two people on the little TV, so we have to go to another playlist. Why not max local players 4? It worked fine in Halo 3, but not Reach? Also, TU ZB Slayer is max local 4 players. It’s essentially TS with ZB. What gives?

Removal of Squad Slayer? That was the only go-to playlist since Team Slayer wasn’t an option. Now it’s 4v4 Super Slayer? Why isn’t Super Slayer 5v5 or Squad Slayer still there? It was a great playlist. Why not remove Squad DLC? There’s hardly any one playing in that.

No one wants be paired with a host and his two guests that are fighting over the last piece of pizza rather then paying attention to the game.

> Here are some adjustments I’d like to see to Reach on playlists.
>
> Max local players? What’s up with that? I’m often at a friends where there are four of us. Three of them go on the big screen, I get on the smaller tv with my xbox. Problem is there’s a max local player size of 2 in Team Slayer. We’re definitely not going to shove two people on the little TV, so we have to go to another playlist. Why not max local players 4? It worked fine in Halo 3, but not Reach? Also, TU ZB Slayer is max local 4 players. It’s essentially TS with ZB. What gives?
>
> Removal of Squad Slayer? That was the only go-to playlist since Team Slayer wasn’t an option. Now it’s 4v4 Super Slayer? Why isn’t Super Slayer 5v5 or Squad Slayer still there? It was a great playlist. <mark>Why not remove Squad DLC? There’s hardly any one playing in that.</mark>

Because people who spent money on the DLC want to play it online. Those maps come up in matchmaking about once a month for me. Please don’t take away the one place I can be sure I’ll get to play them 343.

> > Here are some adjustments I’d like to see to Reach on playlists.
> >
> > Max local players? What’s up with that? I’m often at a friends where there are four of us. Three of them go on the big screen, I get on the smaller tv with my xbox. Problem is there’s a max local player size of 2 in Team Slayer. We’re definitely not going to shove two people on the little TV, so we have to go to another playlist. Why not max local players 4? It worked fine in Halo 3, but not Reach? Also, TU ZB Slayer is max local 4 players. It’s essentially TS with ZB. What gives?
> >
> > Removal of Squad Slayer? That was the only go-to playlist since Team Slayer wasn’t an option. Now it’s 4v4 Super Slayer? Why isn’t Super Slayer 5v5 or Squad Slayer still there? It was a great playlist. <mark>Why not remove Squad DLC? There’s hardly any one playing in that.</mark>
>
> Because people who spent money on the DLC want to play it online. Those maps come up in matchmaking about once a month for me. Please don’t take away the one place I can be sure I’ll get to play them 343.

Solution: Make new DLC maps come up more often in regular playlists.

Either way, DLC specific playlists seem to be the least played playlist. Why keep those playlists?

@Blaze That’s a poor point to use. Can you prove any of that? No. You’re essentially cutting out the guests who are (usually) apart of the casual gamers.

And also saying “no one” is also unwise. There’s a good chance that’s untrue.

They need to keep the DLC playlists, otherwise I stand no chance on getting the last few defiant achievements I need!!

> They need to keep the DLC playlists, otherwise I stand no chance on getting the last few defiant achievements I need!!

I might be a bit more positive towards DLC but Microsoft screwed me out my DLC. I purchased the first map pack on one account. Later I moved to a new account and bought the second DLC on that account. First account runs out of live and I can no longer play any DLC playlists. They refused to transfer the license or do anything to let me prove I own the content or to solve the situation.

Either way, if 343 can integrate DLC more heavily into most of the regular playlists, there shouldn’t be a need for DLC. At best, DLC focused playlists need to be temporary.