Playing splitscreen with guests

This last week I have tried to play unranked team slayer splitscreen with friends. I log them in as guests start up the match… and it tries to find a match for about 10 seconds and then repeadtly just backs us out to the playlist screen. I’ve tried on multiple days now with no luck so we end up doing custom games. Ive done hard resets and everything. Nothing works. Even different playlists don’t work. So what gives? Its the holiday season, friends and family are home… and we can’t play splitscreen? Seriously?

Weird, I haven’t really had a problem with that. Does everything search perfectly fine when you play by yourself? The game in general still has some issues when playing multiplayer with more than one person, but that usually sticks to just when pairing up on separate consoles.

It works fine when I play alone. It’s just when I try to play splitscreen with guests that it doesn’t work. I know it used to work… it’s probably made a few months since the last time I splitscreened though. The problem is recent as far as I know.

> 2685405313548567;3:
> It works fine when I play alone. It’s just when I try to play splitscreen with guests that it doesn’t work. I know it used to work… it’s probably made a few months since the last time I splitscreened though. The problem is recent as far as I know.

I’ve had the same problem about a week ago when I tried doing splitscreen with my brother in unranked playlists. I think it’s just MCC getting more buggy as ever. Hope 343i fix all this next year when they release the spring updates.

This used to happen to me every now and then. The only thing that fixed it for me was waiting until a different day, but it seems you’ve already done that. The netcode is so glitchy that at some points, I had to some crazy network stuff to join my friends’ games, which I’ve never had to do in any other game on any other platform, including PC. My recommendation is to screw around with your network settings more and more Googling. Otherwise, I don’t think there’s anything you can do.

What ISP modem are you using? Make and model#?
Is there router as well? What is the make and model?

How is your console connected to the router or modem? Wired LAN cable or wireless? Wired LAN cable is preferred…

> 2536625682993324;6:
> What ISP modem are you using? Make and model#?
> Is there router as well? What is the make and model?
>
> How is your console connected to the router or modem? Wired LAN cable or wireless? Wired LAN cable is preferred…

I’m using a netgeat cm700 with a linksys Wi-Fi router. My xbox is connected hard wired to my router. I’ve never had networking issues before. I’m not even sure if this is a networking issue? The problem is just with splitscreening with guests logged in… search for a game… and then it backs me out to the main screen. I used to do this with no issues at all.

> 2535412594931294;4:
> > 2685405313548567;3:
> > It works fine when I play alone. It’s just when I try to play splitscreen with guests that it doesn’t work. I know it used to work… it’s probably made a few months since the last time I splitscreened though. The problem is recent as far as I know.
>
> I’ve had the same problem about a week ago when I tried doing splitscreen with my brother in unranked playlists. I think it’s just MCC getting more buggy as ever. Hope 343i fix all this next year when they release the spring updates.

Seems like it is getting buggy for sure.

> 2685405313548567;7:
> > 2536625682993324;6:
> > What ISP modem are you using? Make and model#?
> > Is there router as well? What is the make and model?
> >
> > How is your console connected to the router or modem? Wired LAN cable or wireless? Wired LAN cable is preferred…
>
> I’m using a netgeat cm700 with a linksys Wi-Fi router. My xbox is connected hard wired to my router. I’ve never had networking issues before. I’m not even sure if this is a networking issue? The problem is just with splitscreening with guests logged in… search for a game… and then it backs me out to the main screen. I used to do this with no issues at all.

What is the model of the Linksys router?

One test you can try to better determine if this is a game or networking issue. Directly connect your xbox to the NG Modem and by pass the router. Do a quick test to see if the game is still exhibiting this problem. If so, you might do a full removal of game then reinstall from disk and try again. If it continues, I recommend contacting MS game support and let them know.

Found a workaround:
If you have the other players sign in as separate Xbox live accounts (instead of guests) it works fine.