Playing splitscreen creates framerate issues

I’m playing on btb and infinity slayer with a buddy through split screen but the framerate drops to unoptimal levels. Probably around 24 fps. The animation lags so much it’s almost unplayable. Especially on the shattered map. This happening to anyone else ?

No?

Yes, every time I play split-screen, which is most times I play Halo. Lowering the resolution doesn’t work. I haven’t found a solution. But I agree, it’s usually unplayable.

This has happened since Halo Reach. Where have you been (or where have your buddies been, since they clearly weren’t at your house)?

> This has happened since Halo Reach. Where have you been (or where have your buddies been, since they clearly weren’t at your house)?

For some reason, I’ve never had a problem until Halo 4.

I never had a problem with this until Halo 4.

I play with my brother on split screen all the time, so it is a bit annoying. It happens on several maps, like complex and bigger maps with dynamic scenery.

And shattered in particular is absolutely awful on split screen.

Well, in split screen your Xbox’s video card is rendering two scenes at the same time, which in general, requires roughly two times the rendering power from your video card. And that’s just scenery; then you have random explosions and players to render.

Yeah, it’s going to stutter.

Yes every time and its worse on the Crimson Maps Pack