Playing reach campaign co-op on 360 and Xbox One?

I’m wanting to play Halo: Reach with my cousin during the quarantine. He has an Xbox One and both a digital and physical copy of the game. I have an Xbox 360 but no copy of the game. I was planning to buy the game through marketplace and play through the campaign with him. Can anyone confirm that this is possible? I probably won’t get around to playing through by myself, so I don’t want to spend the money if it won’t work.

It will work, but there are a couple of clarifications. You both must be playing the 360 version of Reach. There is no “cross-play” between MCC Reach and 360 Reach. If you both have the 360 version of Reach (digital or physical), your friend can be on One and you can be on 360 and still play with each other. That is one of the great things about backwards compatibility :slight_smile:

> 2533274909499302;1:
> I’m wanting to play Halo: Reach with my cousin during the quarantine. He has an Xbox One and both a digital and physical copy of the game. I have an Xbox 360 but no copy of the game. I was planning to buy the game through marketplace and play through the campaign with him. Can anyone confirm that this is possible? I probably won’t get around to playing through by myself, so I don’t want to spend the money if it won’t work.

You could buy the Reach game at a pawn shop; they usually have used games for sale. That’s where I got my Halo 3: ODST game from a few years ago. And yes, the game worked just fine when I set it up.