Playing halo in small doses.

I keep coming back to this game once or twice a month because it’s an ok game.
But it really bothers me that today I played two games of BTB and got 2nd place in the first game and 1st place in the second game and my CSR didn’t even change.

I would say my BTB rank has been at 28 for the past 10 games of BTB I’ve played.
Is it broken?

> Is it broken?

No.

> > Is it broken?
>
> No.

Well clearly it is.

I find playing this game by myself to be really horrible. Sucks none of my friends bother anymore.

> > > Is it broken?
> >
> > No.
>
> Well clearly it is.

No, you just don’t understand the system. Placing relatively high =/= rank advancement. Beating players with higher ranks than you = rank advancement.

The system does not work that quick and thankfully so, because if you could get knocked down because it would be much worse then not going up after a couple of good games.

> I find playing this game by myself to be really horrible. Sucks none of my friends bother anymore.

Haven’t played in about a month, moved over to BF3 to prepare for BF4. And my friends finally got back into Halo 4, except that i have the HSC in a few weeks and my friends who do play are in the year below me. So im stuck studying and doing exams for the next 2 months while they play video games :frowning:

I play quite often. My rumble pit CSF has to my surprise gone up. Almost at fifty there, trying to get commendations.

> > > Is it broken?
> >
> > No.
>
> Well clearly it is.

Just because you don’t understand how something works, doesn’t mean it’s broken. :confused:

> > > > Is it broken?
> > >
> > > No.
> >
> > Well clearly it is.
>
> Just because you don’t understand how something works, doesn’t mean it’s broken. :confused:

I understand that it doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do.

CSR always works one game behind. So the game you have just finished will not be reflected on your CSR until you have finished your next game. There is a good write-up of CSR here that should help explain some things

From your Halo 4 Stats Overview, click on Halo 4 Stats. Then go to your Game History and click on a recent game. This will tell you the CSR of everyone in the match.

1. Big Team Battle is an individual CSR playlist. That means that you are ranked based on score, regardless of win or lose. So if you lead your team to victory with a 320 score, but someone else on the other team has a 330 score, CSR will count that player has having done better than you did.
  2. The way to rank up is to score higher than players who have a CSR that is higher than you. The way to rank down is to score lower than players who have a lower CSR than you.
  3. If you quit, CSR counts you as being the lowest-scoring player in the match.
  4. CSR is always a game behind.

> I understand that it doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do.

Please don’t be so quick to blame your lack of understanding on a defective system. You can always do research–in this case, reading the official CSR description from the 4.3.13 Halo Bulletin.

> > Is it broken?
>
> No.

You’re not helping in the slightest. If you’re not going to provide assistance, why post at all?

> > > Is it broken?
> >
> > No.
>
> You’re not helping in the slightest. If you’re not going to provide assistance, why post at all?

Point taken.

Clarification was provided in my next post however.

I wish friends would play, but they’ve lost faith. They thought I was lying when I described legendary brs to them.