PLAYERS THAT LEAVE GAMES SHOULD BE PUNISHED!!!!!!!

Most of us are aware of the amount of people that will leave a game halfway through for absolutely no reason at all, unless they’re just sore losers. I’ve played at least 5 ranked matches in a row today and at least 3 of them people quit the game intentionally.

Due to the fact that it is ranked, our service record stats are permenantly affected by losing matches. I believe that the people who abuse the ranked system and leave intentionally should be severely punished. Losing ranked games due to team mates leaving makes the game unenjoyable and I’m sure this is the same for others as well.

> 2533274834478518;1:
> Most of us are aware of the amount of people that will leave a game halfway through for absolutely no reason at all, unless they’re just sore losers. I’ve played at least 5 ranked matches in a row today and at least 3 of them people quit the game intentionally.
>
> Due to the fact that it is ranked, our service record stats are permenantly affected by losing matches. I believe that the people who abuse the ranked system and leave intentionally should be severely punished. Losing ranked games due to team mates leaving makes the game unenjoyable and I’m sure this is the same for others as well.

While I agree with this, it is absolutely stupid that in a team game I have to sit there in spectator mode while a teammate who did nothing to help the rest of his team plays for an additional 10 minutes while turtling. My options would be to sit there and watch, or to click resign just like a mid game resignation. If they could separate those two functions, or let me leave after I am defeated and spectating, I would be in favor of this. But right now, the same mechanic of quitting mid game is your only option if you get eliminated early in a game (bases wiped, units destroyed). I think it is already more harmful for your CSR to click the resign button than losing because everything gets destroyed so you are penalized for not spectating.

You can’t do this. This is because people for the most part don’t leave games. It’s all server side. Disconnects happen frequently, and I don’t know how the devs can remedy that. But disconnecting is the real issue here, not quitters. Happened to me several times, I play with my roommate. Sometimes he DCs, someones I do. Screws us over in 2v2 rather often.

> 2533274807562680;3:
> You can’t do this. This is because people for the most part don’t leave games. It’s all server side. Disconnects happen frequently, and I don’t know how the devs can remedy that. But disconnecting is the real issue here, not quitters. Happened to me several times, I play with my roommate. Sometimes he DCs, someones I do. Screws us over in 2v2 rather often.

this

> 2533274807562680;3:
> You can’t do this. This is because people for the most part don’t leave games. It’s all server side. Disconnects happen frequently, and I don’t know how the devs can remedy that. But disconnecting is the real issue here, not quitters. Happened to me several times, I play with my roommate. Sometimes he DCs, someones I do. Screws us over in 2v2 rather often.

Yeah I sometimes start to get mad when I see they’ve left, but then I remember the amount of times it’s either kicked me or crashed. It happened a lot in HW1 aswell (disconnects) also used to happen on command and conquer on 360 when battles would last a while. Think it might honestly just be a console thing tbh

It is frustrating and it has killed so many of my matches. My ally drops early on and then it is me against a horde of enemies. I think the simple solution would be if an ally dropped, an AI function similar to the one in Skirmish Mode took over their base and army still providing a balanced battle for the remaining players. Sure the AI would be easier to defeat than a talented human player might be, but if would prevent a 2v2 match becoming a 2v1 slaughter-fest. I don’t know if there is anything in the engine code that would prevent such a patch being added, but it seems to me to be a simple solution to a common problem.

> 2533274948197288;6:
> It is frustrating and it has killed so many of my matches. My ally drops early on and then it is me against a horde of enemies. I think the simple solution would be if an ally dropped, an AI function similar to the one in Skirmish Mode took over their base and army still providing a balanced battle for the remaining players. Sure the AI would be easier to defeat than a talented human player might be, but if would prevent a 2v2 match becoming a 2v1 slaughter-fest. I don’t know if there is anything in the engine code that would prevent such a patch being added, but it seems to me to be a simple solution to a common problem.

in addition to a ai taking over allow that player who dced a rejoin option similar to one used in survival for the division. this is a simple solution and remedy.

> 2533274834478518;1:
> Most of us are aware of the amount of people that will leave a game halfway through for absolutely no reason at all, unless they’re just sore losers. I’ve played at least 5 ranked matches in a row today and at least 3 of them people quit the game intentionally.
>
> Due to the fact that it is ranked, our service record stats are permenantly affected by losing matches. I believe that the people who abuse the ranked system and leave intentionally should be severely punished. Losing ranked games due to team mates leaving makes the game unenjoyable and I’m sure this is the same for others as well.

Servers are to blame usually. I rarely leave games unless there just ‘playing’ with me to the point where I can’t do anything but get trapped by 3 v 1. While the servers frequently fail to load players or randomly kick players in the middle of games…it’s a common issue these days.

The punishment is a loss on their record and a win for the other team. This concept will always be in every game. “Oh wait” let’s add can’t play the game for 15 minutes. “Oooohhhhh” so rough!!!

Disconnects are a real problem here… for -Yoink- sake there’s only a max of 6 people in a game. If games of battlefield can hold 64 on a low tick server and I’ve never suffered a disconnect… MICROSOFT really needs to step it up on their end.

For me disconnects, or in my case, de-syncs, usually happen when the action starts to heat up. It sucks, because I like playing the 3v3 modes.

> 2533274931502289;10:
> Disconnects are a real problem here… for -Yoink- sake there’s only a max of 6 people in a game. If games of battlefield can hold 64 on a low tick server and I’ve never suffered a disconnect… MICROSOFT really needs to step it up on their end.

It’s happened in every rts I’ve played on console though, it’s not just this game.

> 2533274834478518;1:
>

It’s usually not even the players faults though… it’s the trash servers and crash bugs. Out of the 10 matches I played for my 3v3 rank I won 5, lost one legitimently, and got booted or kicked or desynced from 4 that’s 40% of matches played I got booted from. So before they implement a punishment system, they need to fix the game and servers first.