Players still suffer from leaving undermanned team

Hey, I’m not usually the one that leaves prematurely as I tend to find teammates with high moral that stay put when it’s not going in one’s favor. But, sometimes you end up with randoms who leaves when you’re uphill. So my team was left two against four. To me it was logical, we now had no chance of coming back in this game, so leaving was only logical. And now when I checked the game history on waypoint it counts it as a loss. I thought that 343i had removed the penalty of leaving, when one team is unmanned? In my case it was not only 1 guy that had left but two. Am I the only one feeling this is wrong, to force player play games of no return (a waste of time)?

They made it so the first person that quits a ranked game will have it count towards a quit ban, but it doesn’t count if anyone else quits after that. It still counts as a loss though because they still need a deterrent to quitting.

> 2727626560040591;2:
> They made it so the first person that quits a ranked game will have it count towards a quit ban, but it doesn’t count if anyone else quits after that. It still counts as a loss though because they still need a deterrent to quitting.

I see, I still think it’s wrong to force players through games when your undermanned by 2 players, but I can also see your point. However if you’re playing in the higher level (diamond/onyx), it’s impossible to comeback even though it’s only 10 kill lead.

> 2727626560040591;2:
> They made it so the first person that quits a ranked game will have it count towards a quit ban, but it doesn’t count if anyone else quits after that. It still counts as a loss though because they still need a deterrent to quitting.

More than deterring quitting, they need to make sure the system isn’t exploited. Since rank gains/losses are tied directly to whether you win or lose a game (respectively), it would be exploitable if the “soft forfeit” system didn’t count games you leave after someone else left before you as a loss. Teams could roll together and, if they were losing a match, have one person quit so the rest could leave the match after without losing CSR or affecting their win ratio. That first person to leave would be like a sacrificial lamb, soaking up all the penalties and leaving the rest of the players free and clear. With the prevalence of dummy accounts–aka smurfs–, it would be easy to form such teams; even a duo of players could pull this off.