Players quitting strongholds in vs AI playlist

I’ve been seeing people leaving vs AI games when the match is strongholds for months. But it’s gotten worse and last night I experienced 3 separate matches where people left the game.

When a player leaves I end up losing the match vs the AI about 9/10 times. Or the remaining player will leave as well and I’ll just resign. Worst of all it’s not enjoyable and I don’t have fun getting slammed by the AI.

This is a big problem that makes vs AI frustrating to play. I would like to have strongholds removed from that playlist so people won’t leave the game as often.

Both Deathmatch and Domination are fine.

If you’ve had this experience please share your thoughts.

I feel like the patch introduced a bug that disconnects people more than ever. I’ve never had teammates quit/disconnect at the rate it’s been happening the last 2 days, literally every match seems to start with “your allies are in trouble” and 1 teammates disappearing right away. Which I’d be fine with if the other stuck around since 2v3 vs AI is doable, but 1v3 is a pain no matter the game type.

I’ve also had the screen freeze several times since patch but not the normal freeze as it still lets you scroll all around the map but nothing is moving and after 5-10 mins it just kicks you. It makes it seem like you have a teammate but they can’t build or move anything till they’re eventually disconnected.

Long story short I tried to play 5-10 games yesterday, half of them were TDM, all were vs AI and all were 1v3 within 2-5 mins.

People quit because the AI is unstoppable in Strongholds. I do the same thing actually.

> 2535471149170617;3:
> People quit because the AI is unstoppable in Strongholds. I do the same thing actually.

They can be beaten, the AI in this game is easy.

> 2533274812438213;4:
> > 2535471149170617;3:
> > People quit because the AI is unstoppable in Strongholds. I do the same thing actually.
>
> They can be beaten, the AI in this game is easy.

I agree, I’ve even beaten the AI with only one partner instead of two. It’s really easy if you focus your forces and don’t try to attack the AI’s main base.

> 2738349416304383;2:
> I feel like the patch introduced a bug that disconnects people more than ever. I’ve never had teammates quit/disconnect at the rate it’s been happening the last 2 days, literally every match seems to start with “your allies are in trouble” and 1 teammates disappearing right away. Which I’d be fine with if the other stuck around since 2v3 vs AI is doable, but 1v3 is a pain no matter the game type.
>
> I’ve also had the screen freeze several times since patch but not the normal freeze as it still lets you scroll all around the map but nothing is moving and after 5-10 mins it just kicks you. It makes it seem like you have a teammate but they can’t build or move anything till they’re eventually disconnected.
>
> Long story short I tried to play 5-10 games yesterday, half of them were TDM, all were vs AI and all were 1v3 within 2-5 mins.

That’s possible. I have gotten D/C before as well.

But I do suspect many people leave just to avoid the match.

> 2533274967145711;5:
> > 2533274812438213;4:
> > > 2535471149170617;3:
> > > People quit because the AI is unstoppable in Strongholds. I do the same thing actually.
> >
> > They can be beaten, the AI in this game is easy.
>
> I agree, I’ve even beaten the AI with only one partner instead of two. It’s really easy if you focus your forces and don’t try to attack the AI’s main base.

I’ve done a 3 v 1 in strongholds by doing the exact opposite. Ignoring the strongholds and locust rushing the enemy main bases.
The problem is that strongholds just isn’t fun and the amount of people who leave when it comes up just goes to show how many people agree with that sentiment.

> 2535471149170617;3:
> People quit because the AI is unstoppable in Strongholds. I do the same thing actually.

Since when?! I rarely have any major problems with it. Maybe 1 out of 5 matches, I’ll deal an incredibly strong AI team. Keep in mind, I play with randos and we always seem to get it together.

> 2533274852373759;7:
> > 2533274967145711;5:
> > > 2533274812438213;4:
> > > > 2535471149170617;3:
> > > > People quit because the AI is unstoppable in Strongholds. I do the same thing actually.
> > >
> > > They can be beaten, the AI in this game is easy.
> >
> > I agree, I’ve even beaten the AI with only one partner instead of two. It’s really easy if you focus your forces and don’t try to attack the AI’s main base.
>
> I’ve done a 3 v 1 in strongholds by doing the exact opposite. Ignoring the strongholds and locust rushing the enemy main bases.
> The problem is that strongholds just isn’t fun and the amount of people who leave when it comes up just goes to show how many people agree with that sentiment.

I think it’s okay, not as fun as Deathmatch or Domination though. Not bad enough for me to ditch 2 other players, that’s just rude.

I’ll try the Locust rush idea.

> 2533274967145711;9:
> > 2533274852373759;7:
> > > 2533274967145711;5:
> > > > 2533274812438213;4:
> > > > > 2535471149170617;3:
> > > > > People quit because the AI is unstoppable in Strongholds. I do the same thing actually.
> > > >
> > > > They can be beaten, the AI in this game is easy.
> > >
> > > I agree, I’ve even beaten the AI with only one partner instead of two. It’s really easy if you focus your forces and don’t try to attack the AI’s main base.
> >
> > I’ve done a 3 v 1 in strongholds by doing the exact opposite. Ignoring the strongholds and locust rushing the enemy main bases.
> > The problem is that strongholds just isn’t fun and the amount of people who leave when it comes up just goes to show how many people agree with that sentiment.
>
> I think it’s okay, not as fun as Deathmatch or Domination though. Not bad enough for me to ditch 2 other players, that’s just rude.
>
> I’ll try the Locust rush idea.

When in doubt, beam it out.

Or it might be because Stronghold is a pretty bad gamemode…

> 2533274811387248;8:
> > 2535471149170617;3:
> > People quit because the AI is unstoppable in Strongholds. I do the same thing actually.
>
> Since when?! I rarely have any major problems with it. Maybe 1 out of 5 matches, I’ll deal an incredibly strong AI team. Keep in mind, I play with randos and we always seem to get it together.

I play with random also. The AI for me is waaaaay harder online than in skirmish. They time leader powers so whichever army leaves their base first gets wiped and the cool down on them -Yoink- seems mighty fast lol.

And the AI is ALWAYS applying pressure. I’ve never win a game of strongholds in 6 tries…

> 2533274967145711;5:
> > 2533274812438213;4:
> > > 2535471149170617;3:
> > > People quit because the AI is unstoppable in Strongholds. I do the same thing actually.
> >
> > They can be beaten, the AI in this game is easy.
>
> I agree, I’ve even beaten the AI with only one partner instead of two. It’s really easy if you focus your forces and don’t try to attack the AI’s main base.

Uh, no? The way to win a 2 v 3 strongholds is to hold out until tech 2, then build as many locusts as possible and wipe out their main bases in one swoop. Strongholds don’t count as a base, so killing their main base automatically eliminates them unless they rebuild it.

I enjoy strongholds. It’s a quick game to play and try different unit combinations. I believe the issue with people quitting though is far bigger than just against the A.I. Playlist. People quit all the time whether it’s ranked, unranked, strongholds or anything but mostly it’s the unranked games they quit. I send people messages asking why they quit and usually I get the response “it’s unranked”. Who cares if it’s unranked? Just play the game out. Just because you don’t care that it’s unranked doesn’t mean you should dump on your teammates. I strongly feel there needs to be more done to penalize the people quitting out whatever game mode it is. It’s ridiculous and makes the game hard to play at times.

> 2533274840223195;14:
> I enjoy strongholds. It’s a quick game to play and try different unit combinations. I believe the issue with people quitting though is far bigger than just against the A.I. Playlist. People quit all the time whether it’s ranked, unranked, strongholds or anything but mostly it’s the unranked games they quit. I send people messages asking why they quit and usually I get the response “it’s unranked”. Who cares if it’s unranked? Just play the game out. Just because you don’t care that it’s unranked doesn’t mean you should dump on your teammates. I strongly feel there needs to be more done to penalize the people quitting out whatever game mode it is. It’s ridiculous and makes the game hard to play at times.

I feel the same way. People blame the game mode or disconnects but the players quitting need to be held responsible as well. I would like more penalties for people who consistently quit game modes. Just finish the match.

Strongholds is a really good game mode for beginners to familiarize themselves with leader powers.

After 4 matches of it though, it’s just a tedious spam fest.
Its not disconnects, it is people leaving the game to avoid playing that mode. Best thing to do (if both teammates leave) is to quit as well, and get into another match which hopefully isn’t strongholds. It’s doable 2v3 but only guaranteed if you can locust rush.

> 2533274967145711;9:
> > 2533274852373759;7:
> > > 2533274967145711;5:
> > > > 2533274812438213;4:
> > > > > 2535471149170617;3:
> > > > > People quit because the AI is unstoppable in Strongholds. I do the same thing actually.
> > > >
> > > > They can be beaten, the AI in this game is easy.
> > >
> > > I agree, I’ve even beaten the AI with only one partner instead of two. It’s really easy if you focus your forces and don’t try to attack the AI’s main base.
> >
> > I’ve done a 3 v 1 in strongholds by doing the exact opposite. Ignoring the strongholds and locust rushing the enemy main bases.
> > The problem is that strongholds just isn’t fun and the amount of people who leave when it comes up just goes to show how many people agree with that sentiment.
>
> I think it’s okay, not as fun as Deathmatch or Domination though. Not bad enough for me to ditch 2 other players, that’s just rude.
>
> I’ll try the Locust rush idea.

I never leave without a really good reason but strongholds really tests my patience.
The best way I find when doing the locust rush is to use Tier 1 to do a mass suicide grunt rush first. That way the AI wastes a lot of leader powers to shut down what is essentially cannon fodder and often UNSC upgrades all turrets to anti infantry instead of anti vehicle when the locust arrive.

> 2533274885512309;16:
> Strongholds is a really good game mode for beginners to familiarize themselves with leader powers.
>
> After 4 matches of it though, it’s just a tedious spam fest.
> Its not disconnects, it is people leaving the game to avoid playing that mode. Best thing to do (if both teammates leave) is to quit as well, and get into another match which hopefully isn’t strongholds. It’s doable 2v3 but only guaranteed if you can locust rush.

Yea if two people leave I resign. It’s not even fun and really hard to win at that point.

The AI is ridiculously unstoppable in Strongholds. Unless you’re playing with good teammates (which I usually aren’t) then it’s almost an automatic loss.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fun gamemode that is a pendulum. But overall, just really spamming whatever as fast as you can.
I hate quitting in mid-game as much as anyone else, but as soon as I see it in the loading screen, I’m out. It’s just completely not fun at all to play it against the AI
Maybe we should have a voting system in place.
GH

A voting system would be awesome actually. Or just simply leave stronghold only in rumble (nobody really plays it). I don’t think it should be in AI matchmaking.