Players dropping out of RANKED matches needs addressed [EDIT]

The game is still fun, it’s just a tad irritating.

Ranked matches are by far my favorite matches to play. But it seems really unfair when some random on your team drops out of the match and you end up being down a player. Some game modes such as CTF become almost impossible to win with 3v4.

Correct me if I’m wrong but is there no penalty for leaving matches early? Especially ranked matches?

EDIT

So I guess you get some sort of ban for leaving early. Even still, it doesn’t make it any less frustrating. I guess beyond bans, timed or perma, there isn’t much that can be done.

Good day to you all.

9 Likes

Well I got about 3-6 bans in ranked because I leave games because they don’t fit my challenges.

Yes it’s bad for the rest of the team but I don’t want to waste my time. Like I needed to finish one ranked match of showdown and guess what? 10 times in a row CTF.

5 Likes

By not wanting to waste your time, you’re wasting everyone else’s - see how that works?

Yes the system needs improved but it’s ironic hearing comments like this.

13 Likes

Agreed it sounds selfish as to me if the people they left had a challenge to win that game they ruined there challenge so it’s very ironic but tbh challenge chasers need to just suck it up and finish the match as a whole

6 Likes

What happened to people playing for fun?! Not just to try unlock cosmetics ffs! Quiting games cause you cant get certain challenges done and earn xp to unlock abit of poxy armour for a in game character! Grow up!

4 Likes

What happened to people playing for fun?! Not just to try unlock cosmetics ffs! Quiting games cause you cant get certain challenges done and earn xp to unlock abit of poxy armour for a in game character! Grow up!

3 Likes

I’ve dropped from a fair few games on occasion. (Not yet banned tho.)

Call it selfish (it is), but if I only have 40 minutes left in a lunch break to squeeze in some games and knock out some challenges, I’m not wasting twenty minutes in a match of the wrong game type. Sorry, but my opportunity cost is of a higher priority to me than yours. If I get banned then that point is moot. But until then I have to maximize efficiency.

Does it suck. Yes. Maybe it’ll change. But I doubt it.

3 Likes

Well he bought the game for himself not everyone else at the same time. Really not on him. Ranked challenges shouldn’t be a thing in the first place so that’s also on the devs

5 Likes

That argument kinda goes out of the window when you play ‘multiplayer’ and a ‘team’ game.

But true - ranked challenges should be optional at least.

4 Likes

I feel like if heavier bans are given to quitters like how overwatch does it.
1st quit= 15min ban
2nd quit= 30min
3rd quit=3-6hour ban
4th quit=12-24 hour ban
5th quit= banned for the whole competitive season :).
Because I have been in games where quitters annoyed me. But ranked challenges almost feels like an incentive to quit when you can’t choose your ranked mode and are just thrown into a random mode.
Also if your in a ranked 2v4 you should be allowed to leave that nothing is fun about that

4 Likes

Does anyone know if you can leave games where you are heavily outnumbered? I remember this became a serious issue in Halo 5, so they did actually address is so people could quit such scenarios without penalty, you’d hope they have done the same with Infinite

1 Like

This is so bad man lol. I mean…I get the point you’re making…but dude loading into a 3v4…for a human that works hard long hours of work…finally gets home…tired as hell but wants to play halo…kids finally at rest…an opportunity to get a game in and you load into a 3v4…man…it just really sucks bro. The 1 small slice of enjoyment you try to taste…ends up being served as a molded rotten desert that leaves such a bad taste in anyone’s mouth that they just don’t even want to load the game up next time.

5 Likes

In this case - I don’t care

1 Like

The first thing they need to address is game stability. My game crashed twice yesterday while I was playing ranked matches, and I’ve gotten messages from teammates who left that their game crashed.

1 Like

Then stop making stupid challenges. It’s one thing saying play any match of ranked or saying play this or this specific mode in ranked

2 Likes

Totally understand that.
But I come home from work too and trying to get some challenges done just to see that 8 games in a row are ctf and not slayer

2 Likes

8 games you just quit immediately while the other sits through is the point I’m driving though. Huge difference.

2 Likes

This is down to many things 1. Challenges, Challenges push players to play faster and only for certain things if they spawn in bazzaar and they need the skewer well why play? 2. Netcode issues: I’ve seen many peopel complain about dropping from games randomly or crashing, that causes these horrible games and needs fixed…

Well yes. And I feel sorry for the others but when I’m forced to do stupid challenges to gain the ultimate it’s not my fault, I did not design that bad system

My friend played ranked for 3 hours for 1 oddball game…

3 Likes