Players aren't rewarded for doing good

And that generally explains the population decline.

Got a killing spree? here, have a lucky draw which may or may not give you the exact same thing that the noob who took 8 minutes to get 2 kills and like tons of distraction medals got in his ordnance.

Did really well in a game with over 500+ points? Here, have exactly the same amount of post game credits as you would if you got 100 points.

Got 8 kills in a SO mission with more than 8 minutes in the mission? Here, have double the points you will get if you got an unfrigginbelievable perfection in BTB.

With your buddies, got a win streak of 20+? Here, have a number beside your name that the average noob can have one that is higher simply by AFKing in Spartan Ops.

Where is the rank? Where is the the prize of weapon timing?

This game obviously caters to bad players; Even Cod, which many people say is a game ‘for fun’ at least caters good players in the sense that you only really have fun when the enemy team sucks.

That “noob” who took 8 minutes and has a ton of distraction medals is most likely a Hog driver. Dont scoff at a good hog driver or the lack of kills. He is setting up his gunner for them.

After action XP is tied to SR, its a means to unlock gear not a valuation of your ingame skill. Thats what CSR is for.

SpOps gets more XP because in general it takes longer, has more kills required to win with only four players, and again is only a means to unlock gear.

Weapon timing is still in the game, you just need to relearn where and when for new layouts. And combine it with the fact that anyone could have the same gear.

I have seen plenty of people go 2-6-24 with rocket launcher as their ToD. They were just bad, got a few random medals, and got rockets.

The fact that players also aren’t punished for performing badly is why the population is declining. Giving everyone the same reward despite clear splits in performance is nonsensical. You do terribly, have a demotion. Do well, have a promotion.

well

I really couldn’t care less because I just play to have fun.

The way I see it, both good and bad players get rewarded.

> I really couldn’t care less because I just play to have fun.
>
> The way I see it, both good and bad players get rewarded.

Which ruins the fun for the competitive crowd like us. Just give us a ranked playlist where good is rewarded and bad is punished, simple.

Had 25 kills in Regicide FFA… Lost to a kid who had 15 kills. What incompetent failed math student that this should happen? Really? Very Yoinkin fun.

Well, the more kills you get, the higher your bounty becomes. So if somebody just kills the king with max bounty two or three times, he can become the new one while only needing a few more to win.

> Had 25 kills in Regicide FFA… Lost to a kid who had 15 kills. What incompetent failed math student that this should happen? Really? Very Yoinkin fun.

Yeah. I know.

Its because the replacement for Regicide wasn’t a kill-based system. Instead, it was a score based system where points matter more then kills.

You can get assists the whole game and still land in 4th or 5th place.

I just want Lone Wolves back from H3. That would make me happy.

> Well, the more kills you get, the higher your bounty becomes. So if somebody just kills the king with max bounty two or three times, he can become the new one while only needing a few more to win.

Really cute. I know its can happen but what idiot thought that was a good idea to make to allow this game mode to exist?

> > Well, the more kills you get, the higher your bounty becomes. So if somebody just kills the king with max bounty two or three times, he can become the new one while only needing a few more to win.
>
> Really cute. I know its can happen but what idiot thought that was a good idea to make to allow this game mode to exist?

No idea. Winning objective with few kills is okay if it’s a real physical objective like KOTH, or Oddball…but Regicide still has the same Slayer concept, KILL.

If a player goes negative and wins, they sucked at KILLING but still won. Not a lot of sense right there.

> > Well, the more kills you get, the higher your bounty becomes. So if somebody just kills the king with max bounty two or three times, he can become the new one while only needing a few more to win.
>
> Really cute. I know its can happen but what idiot thought that was a good idea to make to allow this game mode to exist?

The people that designed the scoring system obviously are not that good at math. They did not bother to work out the variables of the scoring to ensure it was accurate, fair, and balanced for each mode.

Its not the only mode with idiotic scoring conditions. CTF suffers from betrayals for flag plants due to the decision to only give max points to the planter and not the person with the longest time/distance for that flag plant.

Rookie mistakes all over H4’s design brief. Really dose feel like 343i staff are amatuers right out of college.

good, bad…I’m the man with a gun. This is my boom stick!

it doesn’t matter about rank, rank was toast after reach, most of it is about gear. the game is supposed to be fun not a frustration fest. Now if they added a true skill playlist like arena or mlg that would be different

i would have to say that your wrong.

your given 5pts for a distraction and assist
yet given 10 for a kill

if your doing better than the “noob” running around for 8 minutes that means you can get double the points in the same amount of time right?

so you will get your ordinance drop before them you will even get 2 and they may only get 1 giving you a better chance at something good.

now yes the “noob” may get rockets on is first try but if your “so much better” you should be able to kill him even though he has rockets right?

and in regicide the point is to kill the king so if you have more kills because you were killing noobs running around and your opponent was killing the king he gets bonus points regicide isn’t just about kills its also about how many regicides you had if you lost with more kills thats because your opponent had more regicides than you.

people complain about how all these “noobs” are beating them because of ordinance drops maybe you are the noob because everyone gets drops even you. the good players the mlg players are all still the best players. they aren’t getting destroyed by noobs and thats because they are good not because they make excuses for losing. if your constantly losing to noobs its because they are better than you and thats all there is to it

Regicide punishes good players, and rewards bad players.

> good, bad…I’m the man with a gun. This is my boom stick!
>
> it doesn’t matter about rank, rank was toast after reach, most of it is about gear. the game is supposed to be fun not a frustration fest. Now if they added a true skill playlist like arena or mlg that would be different

Love that movie. Screw this. Gonna try using the forge. I know it will tick me off that there is no precision tool… But I need a good octagon map. Feel free to ad me if you guys want to play with the intent to get better. I want to have better competency before I touch matchmaking again. Got a 2.0 and I want to keep it up.

> i would have to say that your wrong.
>
> your given 5pts for a distraction and assist
> yet given 10 for a kill
>
> if your doing better than the “noob” running around for 8 minutes that means you can get double the points in the same amount of time right?
>
> so you will get your ordinance drop before them you will even get 2 and they may only get 1 giving you a better chance at something good.
>
> now yes the “noob” may get rockets on is first try but if your “so much better” you should be able to kill him even though he has rockets right?
>
> and in regicide the point is to kill the king so if you have more kills because you were killing noobs running around and your opponent was killing the king he gets bonus points regicide isn’t just about kills its also about how many regicides you had if you lost with more kills thats because your opponent had more regicides than you.
>
> people complain about how all these “noobs” are beating them because of ordinance drops maybe you are the noob because everyone gets drops even you. the good players the mlg players are all still the best players. they aren’t getting destroyed by noobs and thats because they are good not because they make excuses for losing. if your constantly losing to noobs its because they are better than you and thats all there is to it

So you’re complaining despite the fact you don’t even understand what other people are complaining about.

MLG players aren’t getting destroyed by noobs. But what DO they do? They’re PISSED. Why can the noob get the Rockets in the first place? He’s a noob. He shouldn’t be allowed.

It’s fun making the noob sit down when he has rockets but it’s not fun for us to be given needlers and stuff while the noob is given rockets. Not only that, it takes away skill, obviously evident by the fact that the so called ‘noob’ gets the rockets.

Before you try calling someone else a noob how about you understand the flaws of the game, huh?

And to the guy who talked about Drivers: When I say “Noob” I don’t mean a person who gets a ton of assists; I mean a person who sucks and can’t get kills or play clever, relying and leeching off of their team. I wouldn’t have said ‘noob’ while referring to a Driver who helped his gunner get tons of kills and helped the team win the game.

agreed

> i would have to say that your wrong.
>
> your given 5pts for a distraction and assist
> yet given 10 for a kill
>
> if your doing better than the “noob” running around for 8 minutes that means you can get double the points in the same amount of time right?
>
> so you will get your ordinance drop before them you will even get 2 and they may only get 1 giving you a better chance at something good.
>
> now yes the “noob” may get rockets on is first try but if your “so much better” you should be able to kill him even though he has rockets right?
>
> and in regicide the point is to kill the king so if you have more kills because you were killing noobs running around and your opponent was killing the king he gets bonus points regicide isn’t just about kills its also about how many regicides you had if you lost with more kills thats because your opponent had more regicides than you.
>
> people complain about how all these “noobs” are beating them because of ordinance drops maybe you are the noob because everyone gets drops even you. the good players the mlg players are all still the best players. they aren’t getting destroyed by noobs and thats because they are good not because they make excuses for losing. if your constantly losing to noobs its because they are better than you and thats all there is to it

I have to say that the guys complaining about “noobs” getting power weapons are complaining about the right thing, random personal ordnance drops, but they are complaining with the wrong arguments.

Why are they going at it wrong? Because the better player will get more drops, yes. However, what happens when you have two equally skilled teams? Not one team of “noobs” and one of pros. It’s two competent teams that both know how to play the game, and as I said, equally skilled. You can’t deny that the weapons the teams get will have a huge impact on the team’s performance.

So what happens when one team gets the weapon and boosts that are ideal and perfect for their situations, and the other team doesn’t? One team is luckier than the other and gets all the good stuff in their drops and it tips the game in their favour. Then there’s the map drops as well, they are only shown to those who are within range. I don’t know what drops, when it drops or where it drops unless I’m inside the 80 m radius, and if I’m far away someone luckier who was closer will get it.

This is how it should be done, or atleast something along those lines. It rewards the better team, it reduces the luck factor out of the outcome of the match, it promotes map movement and it keeps the random map drops.

> Weapon timing is still in the game, you just need to relearn where and when for new layouts. And combine it with the fact that anyone could have the same gear.

There certainly isn’t any weapon timing. How do I time something that can drop after two minutes, two and a half minute or three minutes? Or everything in between two and three minutes? Add to that the several random locations that the drops can occur in.

There is no reward system with the current system, I can play really good and get bad stuff several times in a row, has happened, or I can play really bad and get one good first drop, has happened.