Player Teleporting?

I got the xbox one s yesterday and downloaded halo 5. I started playing the game today and at random times my character would glitch back and after a few seconds teleport forward, and at other times other players would do the same on my screen. Is this an issue with the download or my connection or is it a halo bug? How can I fix this if there is a solution?

This sounds like lag. Lag can happen due to a myriad of reasons. Try reseting your router to start. If you still see lag after that, then it could be that something about your connection needs changing. You can use online tools to measure your download/upload speeds, your ping, and packet loss. Also, if you are playing on wifi, try switching to a wired ethernet connection.

> 2533274817408735;2:
> This sounds like lag. Lag can happen due to a myriad of reasons. Try reseting your router to start. If you still see lag after that, then it could be that something about your connection needs changing. You can use online tools to measure your download/upload speeds, your ping, and packet loss. Also, if you are playing on wifi, try switching to a wired ethernet connection.

Oh that explains so much, I did not realize I could plug an ethernet cable into an xbox. Thanks for the response!