Player Models: My rant.

Before you go on please excuse me for getting up on my soap box.

So if you are unaware what player models are they are the types of entities you can be. In halo these are elite and spartan. I have a problem with what reach did.

In halo three the player models had the same shields, health, and size. Reach changed this. It made elites stronger but also bigger.
Bungie messed up here!
While i may be correct canonically for gameplay this was bad. Why do they need advantages or disadvantages? What if a player likes being an elite but small and swift like a spartan?

Please leave comments, suggestions, or mistakes in the comments below.

Many thanks,
Ratheld

I couldn’t agree more.

Though I do think we should be able to change spartan and elite traits seperatly in custom games. But in multiplayer it should be aesthetic.

In Halo 3, the Elites are hunched over, so you can’t shoot them in the back of the head as easily as you do with a Spartan. This lead to a lot of complaints, which is probably why Bungie changed them so much.

IMO, the Reach Elites are true Elites. Massive, powerful Aliens, not hunchbacks.

> In Halo 3, the Elites are hunched over, so you can’t shoot them in the back of the head as easily as you do with a Spartan. This lead to a lot of complaints, which is probably why Bungie changed them so much.
>
> IMO, the Reach Elites are true Elites. Massive, powerful Aliens, not hunchbacks.

Yeah, this is why I am undecided on this subject. The elites in Reach, were actual elites. The elites in halo 3 were…“elites”

> In Halo 3, the Elites are hunched over, so you can’t shoot them in the back of the head as easily as you do with a Spartan. This lead to a lot of complaints, which is probably why Bungie changed them so much.
>
> IMO, the Reach Elites are true Elites. Massive, powerful Aliens, not hunchbacks.

I see where you’re coming from but that is an issue of aesthetics and not gameplay. Halo has always been one of the most balanced FPS games on console. I would like to keep it that way. But hey, to each his own.

I agree, they are the proper successors of CE Elites. The only problem is that they have the accumulated bad traits of Halo 2 and Halo 3 enemy AI (mostly Halo 3), meaning they have more advantages than the player.

In CE, other than sword Elites and numerical superiority, the only advantage Elites had over Master Chief was a big melee radius, but the player had that too, as well as a stronger melee (but most players wouldn’t bother meleeing unless they were unshielded. In H2, H3, and Reach, I find myself having to rely on melee because of how the enemy AI are. They just don’t play fair in a gun fight).

> > IMO, the Reach Elites are true Elites. Massive, powerful Aliens, not hunchbacks.
>
> I agree, they are the proper successors of CE Elites. The only problem is that they have the accumulated bad traits of Halo 2 and Halo 3 enemy AI (mostly Halo 3), meaning they have more advantages than the player.
>
> In CE, other than sword Elites and numerical superiority, the only advantage Elites had over Master Chief was a big melee radius, but the player had that too, as well as a stronger melee (but most players wouldn’t bother meleeing unless they were unshielded. In H2, H3, and Reach, I find myself having to rely on melee because of how the enemy AI are. They just don’t play fair in a gun fight).

I was talking about multiplayer, but yes, in campaign they were fine. I just worry about balance and fairness.