Player engagement and a rewarding end game

Howdy hey everyone,

An engaging end game and/or superb replay ability is something every die hard fan wants of their favorite game and franchise. Having meaningful rewards and engaging chases for said rewards goes a long way with a lot of players and I think it is something Halo Infinite would benefit greatly from. A wish list item I have of Halo Infinite is for meaningful rewards to exist for players to chase for and specifically for some of them to be physical in nature.

I will use Destiny 2 as an example. As part of its endgame Destiny gives players the option of completing a list of objectives that will yield a player title that sits under their username in game AND gives the player the ability to purchase a pin of the emblem of the specific title acquired for $30.00 with shipping.

While the physical component cost money, having the ability to earn a physical reward for a digital achievement I think is quite cool and really gives the over all experience of the game a lot of character. What is great about it though is the physical component is just icing on the cake that is getting the player title itself.

I think it would be cool if Halo Infinite followed suit. Maybe just have really special and cool looking name plates/emblems and the option for some kind of cool medal or medallion/pin to be purchased if the player chooses.

I am sucker for end game chase and grinds that have cool rewards and I very much would love to see something like this in my favorite IP/Franchise. How about you all? Would this be cool? What cool endgame ideas do you have?

This is the first time I’ve ever heard of a game offering a physical item only available to those who complete an achievement. I think that’s a super cool idea, both for the company’s business and gamers’ pride. I’d love for 343i to have something similar available for those who unlock every achievement (or a specific one) in Infinite. Hell, I wish they’d do it for MCC right now! Maybe a Master Chief action figure with a unique nameplate?

> 2533274824050480;2:
> This is the first time I’ve ever heard of a game offering a physical item only available to those who complete an achievement. I think that’s a super cool idea, both for the company’s business and gamers’ pride. I’d love for 343i to have something similar available for those who unlock every achievement (or a specific one) in Infinite. Hell, I wish they’d do it for MCC right now! Maybe a Master Chief action figure with a unique nameplate?

Any and all of those things. It was such a cool thing when Bungie released it at the start of Year 2 for Destiny 2. In Destiny’s case they have a title/pin available for every major domain and game type in their game and typically release a new one each season. Some titles were very solo friendly in their requirement list and other titles encouraged a lot of team work and some had a great blend of both.

There could be such thing in Halo for domains such as:
Campaign
Regular Multiplayer
Warzone 2.0 or whatever is in Infinite
Cross Halo Franchise achievements - if they somehow incorporated MCC
LASO runs
Spartan Ops 2.0 - (please let this be a thing)
etc

Legendary edition comes with a crate that you can’t open until you’ve gotten 1000G. Go!

How about we just take a page from Halo and just stuff the game full of actual content that people will return to because its fun and not just rely on a a Skinner box?

Meaningful Content > Meaningful “rewards.”

> 2695457991280734;3:
> > 2533274824050480;2:
> > This is the first time I’ve ever heard of a game offering a physical item only available to those who complete an achievement. I think that’s a super cool idea, both for the company’s business and gamers’ pride. I’d love for 343i to have something similar available for those who unlock every achievement (or a specific one) in Infinite. Hell, I wish they’d do it for MCC right now! Maybe a Master Chief action figure with a unique nameplate?
>
> Any and all of those things. It was such a cool thing when Bungie released it at the start of Year 2 for Destiny 2. In Destiny’s case they have a title/pin available for every major domain and game type in their game and typically release a new one each season. Some titles were very solo friendly in their requirement list and other titles encouraged a lot of team work and some had a great blend of both.
>
> There could be such thing in Halo for domains such as:
> Campaign
> Regular Multiplayer
> Warzone 2.0 or whatever is in Infinite
> Cross Halo Franchise achievements - if they somehow incorporated MCC
> LASO runs
> Spartan Ops 2.0 - (please let this be a thing)
> etc

I also hope SpOps 2.0 is a thing. It had a lot of potential. In some ways, it reminds me of the MP portion of the original version of FC3 - mini campaign that follows the main plot. Nothing that would make you want to forget the main stuff, but a cool extension.

> 2533274819446242;5:
> How about we just take a page from Halo and just stuff the game full of actual content that people will return to because its fun and not just rely on a a Skinner box?
>
> Meaningful Content > Meaningful “rewards.”

I think the point is that this would be purely secondary. I agree with you and hope that Infinite launches like Halo games of old, but little rewards like this could be a cool evolution of how we play games.

> 2533274819446242;5:
> How about we just take a page from Halo and just stuff the game full of actual content that people will return to because its fun and not just rely on a a Skinner box?
>
> Meaningful Content > Meaningful “rewards.”

I think you are completely missing the point. For the type of rewards I am talking about to exist you almost assuredly have to have meaningful content because if that didn’t exist then there would be little reason to actually play the game to go get said reward. I assumed this would be a given but I apologize for not clarifying.