Player count is disappointing.

I will first say that I liked what was shown in the new gameplay trailer and I’m excited to play it, however after hearing that the player count for big team is only 24 player it left me disappointed. For years I’ve wanted a Halo gamemode that had massive Battlefield size maps with tons of players and vehicles. Seeing how COD has battle royale mode with 150 people and Battlefield is now upping their player count to 128 I fail to see why they would not go for at least 64 players in Halo, because let’s be honest here 12vs12 is not “big” team battle anymore.

I do hope they reveal a Warzone 2.0 or something with 50v50. I’ve wanted a 50v50 Halo mode for a while

BTB is fun as an 8v8 and I suspect 12v12 will honor that enjoyment, call me a relic of the past but I really couldn’t care for battle royale-esc player counts, I think this’ll work out fine.

Not disappointed with that at all, but it did surprise me. Was definitely expecting a higher count for btb.

> 2533274947044147;3:
> BTB is fun as an 8v8 and I suspect 12v12 will honor that enjoyment, call me a relic of the past but I really couldn’t care for battle royale-esc player counts, I think this’ll work out fine.

I’m not doubting that it’ll be fun I just think more players would be even more fun and not just for BTB but for infection game modes and custom games.

I don’t see a need for such high player counts, it’s not going to be “BTb” if it starts expanding anything above 24 players IMO and personally I already don’t like that they’ve gone above 8v8. At some point it’s going to be to chaotic that individual skill and such will be pretty limited as you’re not going to win 1v5 engagements💁 Let alone 1v10 engagements if they were to occur. I think they’re at an ok middle ground, add more players and I’d just do an entirely different game mode IE war zone because it won’t be BTB anymore. Even then just cause CoD and battlefield does it doesn’t mean halo needs to as well.

> 2533274826926032;1:
> I will first say that I liked what was shown in the new gameplay trailer and I’m excited to play it, however after hearing that the player count for big team is only 24 player it left me disappointed. For years I’ve wanted a Halo gamemode that had massive Battlefield size maps with tons of players and vehicles. Seeing how COD has battle royale mode with 150 people and Battlefield is now upping their player count to 128 I fail to see why they would not go for at least 64 players in Halo, because let’s be honest here 12vs12 is not “big” team battle anymore.

We will find out more today. Maybe they will add a bigger mode in another season. They need to lockdown the classic modes first. We will see. Fingers crossed!

> 2533274826926032;5:
> > 2533274947044147;3:
> > BTB is fun as an 8v8 and I suspect 12v12 will honor that enjoyment, call me a relic of the past but I really couldn’t care for battle royale-esc player counts, I think this’ll work out fine.
>
> I’m not doubting that it’ll be fun I just think more players would be even more fun and not just for BTB but for infection game modes and custom games.

Also. Small player count lobbies won’t appeal to players that enjoy CoD Warzone and BF 2042’s All out War or Conquest. I think if Halo Infinite wants to entice those players over it has to appeal to them.

I’m not knocking Halo Infinite, but the apparent lack of a large scale lobby has me looking at BF 2042 over Halo Infinite, and BF 2042 is not free to play. I hope we hear about a true large scale playlist in the coming days.

I get the idea of player counts in games like Battlefield but adding more players does make me concern about how they’d make it balanced.

I truly feel halo doesn’t need a player count higher than 24. What sets Halo apart from things like battlefield apart from the ttk and core gameplay is the fact that Halo is so much more intimate. The maps are smaller, you remember the players in the lobby if they piss you off enough, hell, you forge bonds with teammates as soon as they enter your warthogs turret. In battlefield, it’s just kill player, move on. The closeness of halos multiplayer adds a heightened sense of community in my opinion.

Honestly was expecting something like 24 but I guess we will see how 12v12 is

I’d love to see a Warzone type of game mode in Infinite with massive teams! I think that would be awesome, and would probably help discourage farming as the game would be too massive to control the enemy that much. (Hopefully).

Depending on the map size 12v12 could be more than enough. I never had trouble with finding enemies in 8v8 regular BTB or 12v12 Warzone in H5

> 2592250499819446;8:
> > 2533274826926032;5:
> > > 2533274947044147;3:
> > >
>
> Also. Small player count lobbies won’t appeal to players that enjoy CoD Warzone and BF 2042’s All out War or Conquest. I think if Halo Infinite wants to entice those players over it has to appeal to them.
>
> I’m not knocking Halo Infinite, but the apparent lack of a large scale lobby has me looking at BF 2042 over Halo Infinite, and BF 2042 is not free to play. I hope we hear about a true large scale playlist in the coming days.

and you’re more than welcome to choose battlefield over Halo.

Halo has spent 10 years trying to cater to crowds who like BF, CoD and so on, and it’s left the Halo franchise in shambles. Halo should stick to catering to people who want to play HALO, like the original trilogy did.

> 2533274947044147;3:
> BTB is fun as an 8v8 and I suspect 12v12 will honor that enjoyment, call me a relic of the past but I really couldn’t care for battle royale-esc player counts, I think this’ll work out fine.

I have to agree here.
12 v 12 will likely capture the same enjoyment that 8 v 8 BTB gave us.

Must say I’m surprised a battle royal type mode hasn’t been proposed given the commercial success that other franchises have had but as long as the maps cater I agree that 12v12 will be fairly similar to 8v8.

> 2533274809687497;7:
> > 2533274826926032;1:
> > I will first say that I liked what was shown in the new gameplay trailer and I’m excited to play it, however after hearing that the player count for big team is only 24 player it left me disappointed. For years I’ve wanted a Halo gamemode that had massive Battlefield size maps with tons of players and vehicles. Seeing how COD has battle royale mode with 150 people and Battlefield is now upping their player count to 128 I fail to see why they would not go for at least 64 players in Halo, because let’s be honest here 12vs12 is not “big” team battle anymore.
>
> We will find out more today. Maybe they will add a bigger mode in another season. They need to lockdown the classic modes first. We will see. Fingers crossed!

I hope you’re right, it’s not like I dislike classic BTB it’s just that it’s always had me wanting more. I want to see 5 full warthogs on each team along with tanks, banshees, and pelicans on massive maps causing complete mayhem.

Not disappointed. Halo should feel like Halo. Every game doesnt have to have BR mode , Halo should focus on what makes Halo unique and fun.

I’m happy that is what increased to 12v12 but I also kind of wish it was slightly higher. You never know though, seems like they’re adding new features to BTB and maybe it just becomes too chaotic with more than 24 players on the map. With ordnance drops returning, it might be possible for every player in the game to call in their own vehicle. I could see how that could become very cramped, very quick.

It seems like this is a quality over quantity thing, where they chose quality.
There’s also the weapon balance.
Take H5 for example, really good balance, but if you plastered that onto a large scale battlefield map, the only viable weapons would be the laser and sniper.

I think they are really cracking down on their creating a good multiplayer skills since halo 5, I dont think BTB 2.0 will disappoint