Player Count @ 37,203 Peak on Steam

12,000 Players online right now

The player count dropped 20k from the start of January until now.

@ske7ch would you care to give a non-corporate speak response and actually address the community’s problems?

25 Likes

What about Xbox and all other PC clients? I’d assume majority of players are on Xbox/Windows for PC with game pass.

It is still the 7th most played game on Microsoft store above the likes of Apex Legends, Minecraft, Destiny 2 and Rocket League. Other extremely popular Xbox games.

I’m not sure what the player numbers are like in total, but it is clearly still performing well. As it should for a game that’s only been out 2 months. Hopefully with some seriously needed updates this isn’t a game that slowly slips into the abyss over the next 12 months. Forge better bring the heat.

2 Likes

That’s nice… :+1:
But there is more to player count then just steam… What are the XBox Numbers for instance? What is the PC Game Pass Numbers?

If your only going to give us steam, all you’re doing is wasting everyones time.

3 Likes

Not necessarily. The chances of around 80% leaving on steam and only 20% on the other platforms seem highly unlikely as which ever platform you choose to play the game on still holds the same issues.

While the player count on the other platforms I assume are still way higher the % leaving can still remain concerning.

18 Likes

What about Xbox and all other PC clients? I’d assume majority of players are on Xbox/Windows for PC with game pass.

It is still the 7th most played game on Microsoft store above the likes of Apex Legends, Minecraft, Destiny 2 and Rocket League. Other extremely popular Xbox games.

I’m not sure what the player numbers are like in total, but it is clearly still performing well. As it should for a game that’s only been out 2 months. Hopefully with some seriously needed updates this isn’t a game that slowly slips into the abyss over the next 12 months. Forge better bring the heat.

It’s likely all of the other platforms are following suit. Maybe not as drastic as steam but the data is showing nobody really want’s to play infinite in it’s current state. I haven’t tried playing on the series X yet but i do know Infinite’s performance is really bad on lower console gens.

Mint Blitz did a video talking about player count roughly across all platforms and in it’s current state earlier this month and i believe the number came out to just above 100k so id imagine it being closer to sub 70k.

I don’t see these numbers as good/healthy for a free to play game.

You are right Forge better bring the heat. There are rumors /leaks of a forge pushback on reddit, but that cant be substantiated.

8 Likes

At 11:50am on a non holiday random Thursday in January.

Yeah I kinda expect less than that if I’m being honest. 12k is pretty solid, 13,308 now actually.

Nope, you’re comparing chronologically contextually concurrent player counts to the daily peak average over the last 30 days. The 24 hour peak is 37000.

You’re either purposefully misinterpreting the data, or mistakenly misinterpreting the data, either way it’s giving a disingenuous representation of raw noncontextualized data.

Ignoring the fact that Halo Infinite is 4th on the Xbox Game charts currently as well.

I’d rather hear your excuse after being called out :joy:

7 Likes

At 11:50am on a non holiday random Thursday in January.

Yeah I kinda expect less than that if I’m being honest. 12k is pretty solid, 13,308 now actually.

Use your reading comprehension and read the title. The reference is peak.

Nope, you’re comparing chronologically contextually concurrent player counts to the daily peak average over the last 30 days. The 24 hour peak is 37000.

You’re either purposefully misinterpreting the data, or mistakenly misinterpreting the data, either way it’s giving a disingenuous representation of raw noncontextualized data.

Ignoring the fact that Halo Infinite is 4th on the Xbox Game charts currently as well.

I really don’t think you have a grasp on where these numbers were pulled from.

The 24 hour peak is: 37,204
Jan 7th: 56,294

If we pull back it becomes more substantial then just 20k. The Number was pulled from peak.

Saying steam is irrelevant information and isn’t indictive of a serious problem is just plain stupid. As if a Free to play game charting this way is healthy. LOL

I’d rather hear your excuse after being called out :joy:

As if churning Over 200k players on a single platform really has some sort of justification.

The callout was a joke, because truthfully there is no way 343i can justify churning this much on a F2P game with the HALO name.

Highly consider looking at the data.

11 Likes

The title reference just says “peak”. Daily peak? Weekly peak? Monthly peak? All time peak?

My reading comprehension also found nothing in reference to the number in the title, only that the 11:50 concurrent player count is approximately 20k under the nonspecified “peak” you gave.

The daily/monthly peak is also about 20k under December’s peak so what exactly are you referencing here? Seems purposefully vague.

Steam Charts I’m guessing.

Thank you for putting in an actual comparison here. That’s a bit more contextual than dropping the 12k concurrent player count without much reference to the original number.

You’re the first person between us to use the words “Steam is irrelevant information” my guy. Don’t levy false accusations against me unless you blockquote them.

Wait why are you comparing the peak of January 1st to the low point at 40 minutes ago?

The low point of January 1st was 15000 players.

The player count didn’t drop 20000 players, it dropped maybe 3000 if we’re looking at low points only.

If you want to take the high point of Jan 1 and compare it to the highest point over the weekend, which probably has the most players instead of right in the middle of a Thursday, you get 56k on Jan 1 vs 58k this past Friday night.

4 Likes

Out of everyone I know half of them switched to the Microsoft store version instead of steam. soo there’s that.

1 Like

I’d imagine the number of players playing on Xbox FAR outweighs the number of players playing on PC. Remember, historically Halo has been an Xbox game first, and a PC game almost as an afterthought. (Speculation) Most players are probably still using an Xbox to play Infinite, as that’s the way they’ve always played Halo. Couple that with the fact that Steam isn’t even the only way to play the game on PC, and I wouldn’t use the Steam numbers as the be-all-end-all of player drop-out rate.

Off-topic: You mentioned you haven’t played it on a Series X yet. I’d highly recommend it. I’ve had zero game crashes and it runs really well on the Series X. I don’t notice much frame dropping, even with the amount of grenade spam in this game. In my opinion, Series X is the definitive way to play, unless you have a super high end PC. I know they’re hard to come by at retail price, but I’d highly recommend getting one as soon as you can.

2 Likes

A lot of people are at this thing called “work”

8 Likes

So you’re comparing a Wednesday night peak to a Friday night peak, and you think that is a fair comparison?

1 Like

Can’t wait to see the fabled MCC 6k average player count because 343 is hell bent on running this game into the dirt. It’s been a steady decline since it launched and with each poor decision they make it’ll just keep dropping. Just 343 things y’know?

3 Likes

There’s no need to be a jerk man. I’m right with you there with wanting a response that speaks directly to the list of concerns we have, but we just need to all get along. It’s the best way for everybody, and it’ll actually make them want to give us a response

2 Likes

While these numbers don’t reflect player count’s outside of steam, my entire friend’s list has moved on from Halo.

We all enjoy the gameplay, but there’s no incentive to play Multiplayer. There’s no reward in it, and it’s just a tedious grind for some emblem or armour item that used to be free.

Safe to say we’ve walked away, I regret giving them my money.

8 Likes

It will just keep dropping until they fix things, which is still months away apparently.

I don’t know why they thought they could launch a predatory, buggy, content-barren live service game in December and just be OK until May.

4 Likes

thats just the steam player count not the whole infinte player base

The steam sample size is large enough that it almost certainly represents the trend of the entire playerbase when considering percentages. Xbox players might behave slightly differently than PC, but it’s not going to be a drastic difference.

It’s lost 85% of its peak player count on Steam. Probably means it’s down at least 65-70% in total, and continuing to drop.

12 Likes

Halo Infinite has less than 15,000 viewers on steam right now.

Grand Theft Auto V - 366k
Valorant - 194k
Escape from Tarkov - 106k
Fortnite - 99k
COD Warzone - 99k
Apex Legends 96k
MARIO PARTY SUPERSTASR - 86k

Halo Fans can’t keep denying that this matters…

The FRANCHISE can not hold onto the YOUTH of gaming. The game series is dated. The GAME KNOWN AS HALO COMBAT EVOLVED…NEEDED TO …EVOLVE.

Gaming has moved on
and before anyone says just go back to “classic/old school” Halo

The Master Chief Collection only has 215 people watching it!!!

ACCEPT IT

1 Like