Player Collisions

There has been way too many times where I was getting ninja’d or back smacked because an enemy charges to far for a melee while I face him/her and just phases into me. It also allows players to just walk through you while you hold a corridor and you end up shooting them in the back of the head missing your shot. Like who in 343 thought this was a good idea?

1 Like

Stops people using collision to “grief” I guess, they’ll corner you somewhere they know you can’t get out then AFK etc. If they make hit detection better/more consistent it should be just as good this way.

1 Like

I’ve played Halo since day 1 and I’ve never had someone grief me by blocking me and not allowing me to play. I’m sure it’s happened some, but I think that’s the exception. Player collision though is a core mechanic that is critical when punching and melee weapons are such a big part of the game. Enemies escape me all the time because they move into me when I’m about to punch, use the energy sword, etc. I’m begging 343 to turn it back on. You could leave it off for friendlies to stop the griefers, but you’ve got to have it on for enemies.

1 Like

It is not! It also gives the enemy an unrealistic advantage we’re they can faze through each other to take their teammates damage from an enemy player. Your obviously not a veteran, so you have no idea how unfair this is. If collisions were on it would force teammates to stop running in the same window to all die by collateral.