Player Character

Halo 3, and to a lesser extent Halo Reach, allows you to play as either a Spartan or an Elite. What would you say if Halo 4 allowed us to chose from a Spartan, Elite or Forerunner? The Forerunner do have Combat Skins so it would be really neat if we can choose them to play and customize. It would allow for more unique characters in Multiplayer and just think what it could do for Machinima.

Also, most don’t like the Elites being different from the Spartans in Reach so I think if they’re going to keep Invasion in Halo 4, they should add the Precurors or whoever we’re actually fighting in Campaign. This way the Spartans, Elites and Forerunner can all be equal to each other but the Precursor guys can be the slightly bigger guys who we fight in Invasion.

I think more variety will add to the experience. What do you guys think?

> Halo 3, and to a lesser extent Halo Reach, allows you to play as either a Spartan or an Elite. What would you say if Halo 4 allowed us to chose from a Spartan, Elite or Forerunner? The Forerunner do have Combat Skins so it would be really neat if we can choose them to play and customize. It would allow for more unique characters in Multiplayer and just think what it could do for Machinima.
>
> Also, most don’t like the Elites being different from the Spartans in Reach so I think if they’re going to keep Invasion in Halo 4, they should add the Precurors or whoever we’re actually fighting in Campaign. This way the Spartans, Elites and Forerunner can all be equal to each other but the Precursor guys can be the slightly bigger guys who we fight in Invasion.
>
> I think more variety will add to the experience. What do you guys think?

Elites are played out. Seeing how Cov. might not have any part in H4 I’d say don’t bother with them. However the forerunner is not a bad idea. I saw a concept drawing of one in CS and it looked cool.

Honestly, I’m almost sure we will be able to play as Spartans and something else. I feel like to promote the “new everything” philosophy there will be no playable Elites.

> Elites are played out. Seeing how Cov. might not have any part in H4 I’d say don’t bother with them. However the forerunner is not a bad idea. I saw a concept drawing of one in CS and it looked cool.

You don’t need the Covenant in order to use the Elites. They’re not even part of the Covenant anymore and the Humans and Elites are attempting to make peace. Even if they’re not in the game’s campaign they should still be playable in Matchmaking anyways. They’ve been apart of it since Halo 2 and a lot of people still like them.

> Honestly, I’m almost sure we will be able to play as Spartans and something else. I feel like to promote the “new everything” philosophy there will be no playable Elites.

It’s possible they’ll be left out in order to make the game feel more “new” but like I said above, the Elites have been apart of it since Halo 2 so they should be shown a little bit of love.

Without there being any info on Forerunner characters in Halo 4 yet (although it is likely) and no word on elites yet, we can still have them in MM. Multiplayer is non-cannon so it doesn’t matter if they are in the campaign or not!

I think this really depends on if the Forerunners are actually active in the Halo 4 story. If not, this idea will go down the same path as the desire by some for Brutes to be playable in Halo 3 MP.

I would bet we will see Forerunner in the game. The Encyclopedia says some are still alive and the Forerunner Novels are going to tie into Hal 4 in some way. I have a feeling we will be seeing them and if any of them are soldiers then it makes sense they can be used for Multiplayer.

As for the Elites, well they’re just awesome.

> > Elites are played out. Seeing how Cov. might not have any part in H4 I’d say don’t bother with them. However the forerunner is not a bad idea. I saw a concept drawing of one in CS and it looked cool.
>
> You don’t need the Covenant in order to use the Elites. They’re not even part of the Covenant anymore and the Humans and Elites are attempting to make peace. Even if they’re not in the game’s campaign they should still be playable in Matchmaking anyways. They’ve been apart of it since Halo 2 and a lot of people still like them.
>
>
>
> > Honestly, I’m almost sure we will be able to play as Spartans and something else. I feel like to promote the “new everything” philosophy there will be no playable Elites.
>
> It’s possible they’ll be left out in order to make the game feel more “new” but like I said above, the Elites have been apart of it since Halo 2 so they should be shown a little bit of love.

Elites got real lucky in Reach with invasion. Lots of people may have liked them but when you look at how many people choose them as their prefered species, it really shows how much people don’t care about them anymore.

To be fair, part of that may be because Elites don’t have nearly the same amount of customization the Spartans do in Reach. The Spartans were given many more pieces and can mix and match.

Since people tend to spend more time on Spartan armour that looks more unique, it’s only natural that they’d want that to represent them in lobbies. Maybe if Elite’s had more options and could actually appear in more playlists.

Personally, I’d like to see both Elites and Forunners and Halo 4, even if they don’t get the same treatment as Spartans.

Playing as a forrunner…Would. Be. EPIC!!!1

Plus they have the same shape as spartans more or less so people wouldn’t complaing about how the heads are hard to hit or whatever…