Played Halo 4 Today: Throw Questions My Way

WARNING: There is some embargoed information I will NOT be discussing, everything else is fair game.

Keep an eye out on http://www.facebook.com/TheCheckpoint for more Halo 4 Info, when and if we are allowed to discuss.

I got to play Halo 4 today, WarGames & Spartan Ops. Questions? Go!

How difficult are the Covenant AI, and what difficulty were you playing on?

WARNING: There is some embargoed information I will NOT be discussing, everything else is fair game.

How difficult are the Covenant AI, and what difficulty were you playing on?

There was no sign of what difficulty we were playing on, however, the AI was more intelligent then past Halo AI’s. When flying at them with a ghost, they will actually split and avoid the ghost, aiming fire at you afterwords. They seemed also to be fairly hard to kill, but grunts being grunts, were fairly easy. They were also able from what i saw to direct fire at the most potent of their enemies. a ghost and a gausshog driving towards them, they were able to realise the hog is the more dangerous of the 2.

Vehicle, specifically warthog, damage resistance and physics, closer to 3 or reach? Or is it a whole new ball game?

can we use flood arm in slayer games ?

did you play spartan ops ?

I was also there today. Had great fun! I don’t suppose you got to play on complex? I really wanted to try that map out and everyone kept picking Flood instead of slayer lol

> Vehicle, specifically warthog, damage resistance and physics, closer to 3 or reach? Or is it a whole new ball game?

Id say completely new, warthog handles how a warthog should and always has. They are slightly more durable, and can take a little more of a beating, however, its hard to see through all the smoke it kicks up when its on its last legs.

Can you describe the map “Complex” for us? And how did it play? (That is if you played it).

And how did the BR/DMR/LR/CC match up against each other?

> can we use flood arm in slayer games ?
>
> did you play spartan ops ?

Flood arm was ONLY available in Flood Slayer, i cant confirm nor deny that it will be available in the future, as i dont know ha.

I did play spartan ops. Tis awesome :smiley:

> I was also there today. Had great fun! I don’t suppose you got to play on complex? I really wanted to try that map out and everyone kept picking Flood instead of slayer lol

I didnt unfortunatly, didnt get time, i was busy eyeing up the chief, and getting a few snaps with frank :slight_smile: slightly star struck, but not too bad.

> I was also there today. Had great fun! I don’t suppose you got to play on complex? I really wanted to try that map out and everyone kept picking Flood instead of slayer lol

By picking flood do you mean like legit in game voting? If so was it kinda like the final game vote/veto system? If so is it veto or vote or what?

Spartan ops felt a lot better than firefight as you actually had different tasks to do and a large environment to progress through. Had a pretty awesome run on the Gauss Hog with someone. The sound it makes is incredible!

What did it feel like playing as the Flood? Does it feel like Infection zombies or something different?

so for spartan ops how many players is it split screen ?

I´m disappointed in that Sandtrap didn´t return, however the map which does, was a favourite as well.

Tidus, Fire, what were your impressions on the new map, did it feel like a worthy successor?

> > I was also there today. Had great fun! I don’t suppose you got to play on complex? I really wanted to try that map out and everyone kept picking Flood instead of slayer lol
>
> By picking flood do you mean like legit in game voting? If so was it kinda like the final game vote/veto system? If so is it veto or vote or what?

It was run through system link, i believe just one person was host and selecting matches. Atleast that applied to spartan ops and some war games.

> What did it feel like playing as the Flood? Does it feel like Infection zombies or something different?

I have had a pretty detailed explanation of my time as the flood in this thread https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst115975_Just-got-back-from-playing-Halo-4-in-London.aspx

Basically it feels like a much more fluid, balanced, and awesome version of infection!

Did you get a chance to play around with the new vehicle?

> so for spartan ops how many players is it split screen ?

Today it was 4 player versus covenant. Im not sure about split screen unfortunately, as everyone was on their own screens.

Sp. ops: Are the different promethean types (ex: Knoght lancer, Knght commander) act any different from their standard class? Or are they like a bit togher etc.?