Playable Spartan IV's in Campaign.

Although I’m not sure if its been confirmed or not, its been generally accepted that every player will be the Chief in campaign. While this isn’t a problem at all, and some people are probably welcoming the return of the Chief(s), I got to thinking…

What if instead of being a Chief clone, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th players in the campaign are their own custom Spartan IV in gameplay? Obviously only Chief would show up in cutscenes, but I believe that the other characters being their custom spartans would be interesting.

Its obvious that Master Chief establishes contact with the Infinity pretty early on, so it wouldn’t be too off for there to be spartan IV’s accompanying him. It also makes people feel a bit more special, with everybody having their own identity(excluding player 1, who takes on the identity of the number-1 bad -Yoink- of the series). And overall, it just adds a bit of variety, and allows reminiscence of halo 3(with the chief, arbiter, generic blue elite, and generic red elite) and halo reach(with everybody’s separate spartan)

Would you like this in, or prefer for it to rain chiefs?

After Halo 3, ODST, and Reach people still think 343 will just make clones?

We will either be story characters or our individual multiplayer Spartan.

My money is on story characters. Specifically some Spartan II friends of Cheifs.

> After Halo 3, ODST, and Reach people still think 343 will just make clones?
>
> We will either be story characters or our individual multiplayer Spartan.
>
> My money is on story characters. Specifically some Spartan II friends of Cheifs.

Theres always the possibility that they could revert. Though no confirmation is given one way or the other yet.

Considering there aren’t too many important characters to play as that we know of, I kind of doubt this theory. They would obviously have to be spartans(because if not the player would be at a disadvantage) and so far we only know of one important S4(the female commander shown in one of the previews). Their could be more, though I doubt there will be that many. And very, very few spartan IIs survived, and of those who did, very few would(or even can) return to service after what they’ve been through. So this, I also doubt. maybe later, if blue team is recovered from Onyx. then we would have 2 seriously important spartans back.

> > After Halo 3, ODST, and Reach people still think 343 will just make clones?
> >
> > We will either be story characters or our individual multiplayer Spartan.
> >
> > My money is on story characters. Specifically some Spartan II friends of Cheifs.
>
> And very, very few spartan IIs survived, and of those who did, very few would(or even can) return to service after what they’ve been through. So this, I also doubt. maybe later, if blue team is recovered from Onyx. then we would have 2 seriously important spartans back.

Read Glasslands.

Fred, Linda, Kelly, John. Check that out. Four Spartans.

> > > After Halo 3, ODST, and Reach people still think 343 will just make clones?
> > >
> > > We will either be story characters or our individual multiplayer Spartan.
> > >
> > > My money is on story characters. Specifically some Spartan II friends of Cheifs.
> >
> > And very, very few spartan IIs survived, and of those who did, very few would(or even can) return to service after what they’ve been through. So this, I also doubt. maybe later, if blue team is recovered from Onyx. then we would have 2 seriously important spartans back.
>
> Read Glasslands.
>
> Fred, Linda, Kelly, John. Check that out. Four Spartans.

Aren’t they all still stuck within Onyx? or did one of the new books explain them escaping?

It has been confirmed, but I’m not sure what the link is, that it will be Chief clones in campaign.

Plus I don’t think it would fit campaign that well, far as some of the story goes.

>
>
> My money is on story characters. Specifically some Spartan II friends of Cheifs.

it’s been confirmed that co-op campaign players will be Masterchief clones.

It has been confirmed that the other players will be Chief clones, Frankie said that the reason for this is that there will be some sections of the game where the fact that Chief is alone is important.

Its impossible to have canonical Co-Op partners.

The Chief is alone in the beginning. Unless it is Chief clones in the beginning then IVs/other Spartans after first contact with the Infinity.

> Its impossible to have canonical Co-Op partners.
>
> The Chief is alone in the beginning. Unless it is Chief clones in the beginning then IVs/other Spartans after first contact with the Infinity.

This would be cool.

The missions where, IF, Chief gets A.I Spartan’s the co-op player could be given these skins.

> > > > After Halo 3, ODST, and Reach people still think 343 will just make clones?
> > > >
> > > > We will either be story characters or our individual multiplayer Spartan.
> > > >
> > > > My money is on story characters. Specifically some Spartan II friends of Cheifs.
> > >
> > > And very, very few spartan IIs survived, and of those who did, very few would(or even can) return to service after what they’ve been through. So this, I also doubt. maybe later, if blue team is recovered from Onyx. then we would have 2 seriously important spartans back.
> >
> > Read Glasslands.
> >
> > Fred, Linda, Kelly, John. Check that out. Four Spartans.
>
> Aren’t they all still stuck within Onyx? or did one of the new books explain them escaping?

Yep

[deleted]

>
>

NO >:[

Frank had confirmed that none of Chief’s “Spartan II friends” would make an appearance till possibley later in the trilogy.

You get to run around with other guys wearing the master chief costume of Halloween.

> Frank had confirmed that none of Chief’s “Spartan II friends” would make an appearance till possibley later in the trilogy.

Thats interesting, didn’t know they were confirmed not to feature in Halo 4.

It’s a shame, its always nice to see fictional characters go to the real thing but I would rather have the cannon and story line stay straight and proper.

I think it was confirmed that clones would be used

This would be amazing, I agree with you completely. This has always been my dream in the campaign since Reach. Having Chief clones takes me out of the experience to be honest. How can we bring this idea to the attention of 343 for Halo Master Chief Collection?

>

Please don’t necropost. It’s against the Forum Rules.