Playable Sangheili

It’s gonna be 35 dollars please! :laughing:

1 Like

The way I see it is simply implementing the same hitbox thing they did with Halo 3 and prevent people from using Elite models in ranked and limit it to socials could work.

4 Likes

They shouldn’t even need to restrict them to social. Everyone knows how to headshot elite players in H3, there’s no real advantage to playing either species.

8 Likes

Shame the original thread got deleted, hopefully 343i finally listens to fan feedback and brings them back like Halo 2 and 3.

Also don’t see why we couldn’t have an option to only see spartan playermodels if it was such a big deal to swat players since they have the same hitboxes anyways.

5 Likes

Yeah the change really removed the topic. We had 9 years with of posts. So ti should be a clue that Elites are needed back

3 Likes

Tbh as a swat player myself I see no issue? Swat is ment to be a snap shot quick engagement game. That’s why I like it. And playing as an elite really doesn’t change much at all. Like you said hit boxes.

2 Likes

When I play swat in halo 3 I can’t even tell the difference. When it comes down to it the reticle was big enough to make it difficult to hit both Spartans and elites in the back of the head

3 Likes

When I was a young boy playing the Bungie Era games, I would always 100% choose to play as an elite.

I was in like 4th grade and I got sick at school on Halo 4’s launch day and my mom already had gotten the pre-order edition for me. I was so excited to play as an elite in Halo 4 I was ecstatic.

However when I got home and opened the customization menu, I was looking all around for the preferred species option. And then it hit me, they didn’t add playable elites in Halo 4. I cried and cried.

And things repeated when Halo 5 came out.

I still remember this as clear as day and I’m 18 years old now and I’ve grown a lot since I was 11, but one thing that has never wavered was my passion for playable elites to come back. I still remember playing Halo 3 and Reach as an elite and finally unlocking the Field Marshall armor in Reach and the Acsetic armor in Halo 3.

This is the one thing in video games that I hold very close to my heart, I wish and hope 343 adds them back in the game, my childhood me’s wishes would be satisfied.

9 Likes

343’s aversion to playable elites is dumbfounding.

I used to love playing as an elite, almost exclusively. Then Reach comes out with a whole game mode dedicated to elites vs spartans - Invasion. It was a great idea, the maps were good, and it was executed well. 343 then does everything in their power to make sure nothing like that ever happened again. Reason? No idea. Most likely incompetence or lack of skill on the development team to implement it properly.

It’s sad, but 343 has done nothing but regress Halo from the mountain top it was on, and this title will most likely be the same. The game is already steadily losing population.

6 Likes

With Elites being smaller and thinner again there’s never been a better time for them to bring them back. I’m really hoping we get a battle pass focused on Elites.

7 Likes

It could be like Reach where you choose different armor presets for Elites.

3 Likes

I can say from my first hand experience that I have shot both spartan and Elites from behind and still manage to get them. This idea of hit boxes being an issue is just all in someones head.

5 Likes

This is my favorite thing said in this thread

2 Likes

The reason elites/sangheili weren’t an option for halo infinite was HCS/MLG Pros don’t like them in multiplayer. They’ve been against them being in multiplayer since halo 2 as I understand it. 343 listens to them more than the rest of us I think. They really do want halo infinite to sell the HCS esport, which also contributed undoubtedly to the F2P route they chose with the multiplayer.

2 Likes

That’s true and this is their first halo title where they’ve found a happy medium between classic halo gameplay and modern mechanics, something they failed to do in 4 and 5.

But down the line they deserve to be added. Ik it’s not as easy as just putting them straight into multiplayer from campaign with a 1st person camera attached, but if they could do it for h2a multiplayer, they can do it for infinite.

1 Like

Its crazy to me that after so long we are still having to beg for playable Elites in a Halo title.
Between this and the armor coating scandal it really feels like 343i isn’t listening to the fanbase as much as they say they are.

5 Likes

As others have said, it really is puzzling as to why they’d shoot down such a good idea. Since they’re apparently going back to Halo’s roots, why not add playable Elites? They’re about as OG as you can get, they’ve been here ever since Halo 2, at the launch of Xbox Live.

Playable Elites are apart of Halo, they may not be as big as other things, but they should not be simply looked over.

7 Likes

BRING BACK THE SANGHEILI PLEASE

They deserve to come back and we deserve to have them. We have been waiting for 10 years….
Waiting and begging……

There is no real reason for them not to be in the game. They were a feature in the past games that was removed for idiotic reasons and it is a feature that needs to return.

2 Likes

If people are concerned about it being broken or unfair in some way for ranked, just limit them to social. I don’t think anyone advocating for playable Elites is doing so because of wanting a potential (dis)advantage in games based on the hitbox they use; it’s just a fun thing to do. I support them coming back.

2 Likes

Elites have always been the under dogs of the series. Cast aside until it suits others best. Like wolverine till hugh Jackman took the role. And what love has 343 honestly given to arbie? Now we get the Spartan hunter? DGMW he’s super cool, but wheres our swords of Sanghelios faction/armor core?

3 Likes