Playable Elites is a Must

This is fact. In Halo 2/3, Elites were an aesthetic choice for the player. Though they were hunched over to match the Spartans, as opposed to standing at their full height and dwarfing the human players (this, I believe, was largely related to hitboxes). It was awkward-looking, but it worked.

In Reach, Elites were no longer hunched, but instead towered over the Spartans with now-functional spines. The sudden height difference was accompanied by stronger shields, faster moving speeds, and higher jumps. Elites were beasts to be feared, but no more did these beloved Split-Jaws appear in everyday multiplayer, save for certain gametypes.

In Halo 4, the Elites became the Sangheili; crazed, fanatical footsoldiers clad in armor that simply screamed “The South will rise again!” Elites were no more in multiplayer, as 343i decided to canonize multiplayer.

And here is my dream for Halo 5: Guardians: while the Storm maintain their original appearance, followers Thel 'Vadam come to Infinity to train and fight alongside this next generation of Spartans (thereby solving the whole “canon” thing). The hunchbacked look returns, re-enabling players to travel on bent-back knees and what I think are hooves (and not present in Campaign or Spartan Ops). These veterans of the Great Schism forego Jul 'Mdama’s Hesduros-designed armor for the Halo 3/Reach-era permutations, making them easily distinguishable from the Storm.

Thoughts, alternatives? List them. I’m sure I’m not the only one that misses Elites.

There is a thread on this already, the Sangheili have always been the Sangheili. And if the hunched back look returns I will be pissed…take up right Sangheili(like Reach) and scale them to spartan size the hunch back looks stupid and a proud and honorable race should not be forced to look awful.

> There is a thread on this already, the Sangheili have always been the Sangheili. And if the hunched back look returnes I will be pissed…take up right Sangheili(like Reach) and scale them to spartan size the hunch back looks stupid and a proud and honorable race should not be forced to look awful.

The hunchbacked look, I think, was justified for Multiplayer. Elites are generally eight feel tall, at least a foot over the average Spartan. The way it was done in Halo 3, you could still tell they were big, but they didn’t provide a larger target. I don’t think scaling them down to Spartan-size would work out very well, except possibly in the case of female Sangheili. We’ve never seem them, but we know there have been Sangheili Shipmistresses.

Is there a thread on this? I’ve only seen one in the Halo 4 forums, and as I recall, it went ignored, despit 200+ pages.

> > There is a thread on this already, the Sangheili have always been the Sangheili. And if the hunched back look returnes I will be pissed…take up right Sangheili(like Reach) and scale them to spartan size the hunch back looks stupid and a proud and honorable race should not be forced to look awful.
>
> The hunchbacked look, I think, was justified for Multiplayer. Elites are generally eight feel tall, at least a foot over the average Spartan. The way it was done in Halo 3, you could still tell they were big, but they didn’t provide a larger target. I don’t think scaling them down to Spartan-size would work out very well, except possibly in the case of female Sangheili. We’ve never seem them, but we know there have been Sangheili Shipmistresses.
>
> Is there a thread on this? I’ve only seen one in the Halo 4 forums, and as I recall, it went ignored, despit 200+ pages.

Why would it not work out? The hunched look looked awful especially in H3 and if it would not work out because how tall they are, how does it make more sense that they hunch themselves over?

I’d love to have Elites com back in Multiplayer.

while i don’t think playable elites are a must-have,
i’d greatly appreciate their comeback.
i never owned Reach, just played it at a buddy of mine
a few times & they did indeed look kinda strange in H3,
so i think it would be a nice addition if the Reach-Elites
would make a comeback in the MM.

> > > There is a thread on this already, the Sangheili have always been the Sangheili. And if the hunched back look returnes I will be pissed…take up right Sangheili(like Reach) and scale them to spartan size the hunch back looks stupid and a proud and honorable race should not be forced to look awful.
> >
> > The hunchbacked look, I think, was justified for Multiplayer. Elites are generally eight feel tall, at least a foot over the average Spartan. The way it was done in Halo 3, you could still tell they were big, but they didn’t provide a larger target. I don’t think scaling them down to Spartan-size would work out very well, except possibly in the case of female Sangheili. We’ve never seem them, but we know there have been Sangheili Shipmistresses.
> >
> > Is there a thread on this? I’ve only seen one in the Halo 4 forums, and as I recall, it went ignored, despit 200+ pages.
>
> Why would it not work out? The hunched look looked awful especially in H3 and if it would not work out because how tall they are, how does it make more sense that they hunch themselves over?

Again, gameplay issues. In Reach, they stood up at their full height (which, after a quick Google session, ranges from 7’4" to 8’6"), which presented a bigger target, as seen here. In Halo 3, they were still relatively big compared to humans, but their stance put them at about eye-level with Spartans, making them about the same-sized target. Given that Spartans and Elites shared the same hitbox in Multiplayer (to my knowledge, at least), this made the choice to play as an Elite a purely aesthetic decision.

> stuff

What I am saying is you could just shrink the model but still have them standing up-right all whilst keeping them the same height. This would only be in multi-player.

It’s not a must.
But some people would like it.

> > stuff
>
> What I am saying is you could just shrink the model but still have them standing up-right all whilst keeping them the same height. This would only be in multi-player.

Isn’t miscommunication wonderful?

So, keep them standing straight, but shrink the model for multiplayer?

> > > stuff
> >
> > What I am saying is you could just shrink the model but still have them standing up-right all whilst keeping them the same height. This would only be in multi-player.
>
> Isn’t miscommunication wonderful?
>
> So, keep them standing straight, but shrink the model for multiplayer?

Yes! ^-^

I am sorry if I did not explain all too well at first.

> > > > stuff
> > >
> > > What I am saying is you could just shrink the model but still have them standing up-right all whilst keeping them the same height. This would only be in multi-player.
> >
> > Isn’t miscommunication wonderful?
> >
> > So, keep them standing straight, but shrink the model for multiplayer?
>
> Yes! ^-^
>
> I am sorry if I did not explain all too well at first.

I’m at fault, too. I’m not too good at communicating. :stuck_out_tongue:

Could work, but 343i decided to make multiplayer canon, so… there’s that. Like I said, though, it could work for female Sangheili. I’m quite sure they’re smaller than the males. Spartan-sized, at least.

> Is there a thread on this? I’ve only seen one in the Halo 4 forums, and as I recall, it went ignored, despit 200+ pages.

I’ve been with that thread for two years. It still doesn’t have an official reply. Either way, it’s in the Halo 5 section somewhere… or should be.

> I’m at fault, too. I’m not too good at communicating. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Could work, but 343i decided to make multiplayer canon, so… there’s that. Like I said, though, it could work for female Sangheili. I’m quite sure they’re smaller than the males. Spartan-sized, at least.

It could still work despite the multiplayer being canon though. There’s a number of excuses 343i could make, I mean they don’t exactly have a problem letting us fly around as forge monitors or run around as flood right? Plus there’s an entire faction of friendly elites under the Arbiter.

Oh well, here’s to hoping 343i doesn’t pull the same stunt again.

> > > > stuff
> > >
> > > What I am saying is you could just shrink the model but still have them standing up-right all whilst keeping them the same height. This would only be in multi-player.
> >
> > Isn’t miscommunication wonderful?
> >
> > So, keep them standing straight, but shrink the model for multiplayer?
>
> Yes! ^-^
>
> I am sorry if I did not explain all too well at first.

I’m at fault, too. I’m not too good at communicating. :stuck_out_tongue:

Could work, but 343i decided to make multiplayer canon, so… there’s that. Like I said, though, it could work for female Sangheili. I’m quite sure they’re smaller than the males. Spartan-sized, at least.

Canon blocks the shrinking just as much as canon blocks the hunch, but the smaller size could be justified by wargames(or the infinity or whatever) wanting fair training for both races. The hunch can not be so simple to explain.

> Canon blocks the shrinking just as much as canon blocks the hunch, but the smaller size could be justified by wargames(or the infinity or whatever) wanting fair training for both races. The hunch can not be so simple to explain.

Could work. I don’t see how, but science isn’t my forté, either.

Halo 4 has the ability to shrink player size and hitboxes. I don’t see why they can’t just shrink multiplayer elites to Spartan size and say that their size in multiplayer is not canon and is for gameplay balancing purposes. Easily done and problem is solved for everyone.

Would love to see Elites return to be played as in Multiplayer, Customs, Forge… ect.

I much prefer playing as a Spartan, but I like seeing Elites in Matchmaking, it makes Multiplayer feel more Sci-fi.

I wouldn’t mind a shrinking, as long as the change isn’t too noticeable. If you took a Reach-era Elite and shrunk him to Spartan level, then the change would be too odd to me. “I’m supposed to be 8 feet tall, so why am I so tiny?”

I’m not opposed to the balance it would bring. I’m just used to Elites being noticeably bulkier than Spartans while still being about the same size. I think a hunch-back looks weird, but to me, it was ideal in the sense that Spartans and Elites were the same size, but Elites still felt large.
And I liked the Reach model, but I know being that tall would cause problems, like Elites not being able to fit in smaller holes.

If models were shrunk, I’m sure I’d stop caring eventually, but I’m currently leaning towards hunch-back for now. But I’m open to suggestions/other opinions.

> > Is there a thread on this? I’ve only seen one in the Halo 4 forums, and as I recall, it went ignored, despit 200+ pages.
>
> I’ve been with that thread for two years. It still doesn’t have an official reply. Either way, it’s in the Halo 5 section somewhere… or should be…

Silent is correct, this thread does exist in the Halo 5: Guardians Forum already and it actually has 434 pages! Other than the Off Topic threads, this one may be one of Waypoints longest threads in both length and life. It’s been here since I started on the Forums.

Anyways, with all that said, I will need to lock down this thread as it is a duplicate. I do urge you to continue this conversation In this thread:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst63353_Sangheili--Elites--In-New-Trilogy-Matchmaking.aspx