playable characters????

can we not play as elites in halo 4???

Welcome to the world, my child.

thanks for not giving me an answer… -.-

> thanks for not giving me an answer… -.-

short answer: no
Long answer: Nope.avi

well i hope u guys are way wrong. cause all i know is that they wont be playable in competitive matchmaking. but they never said anything about custom games. as long as they let it be like reach with the elites. were we can use them as our preferred species

> well i hope u guys are way wrong. cause all i know is that they wont be playable in competitive matchmaking. but they never said anything about custom games. as long as they let it be like reach with the elites. were we can use them as our preferred species

In this article is this little tidbit:

> Halo 4’s multiplayer will tell the story of why red Spartans fight blue Spartans. The Spartans go at it on the combat deck of a ship called the Infinity in an adversarial simulator. This means you will not play as Elites online, as 343’s focus lies on the Infinity’s Spartan IVs.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

…exactly. that long silence is you guys saying “oh -Yoink-. he knows the same amount of info as i do about the covanent characters” right as i talk about the gameinformer mag. with their post in it about elites will not be playable in competitive matchmaking you guys just shut up. its because u guys dont know if they took them out of the equation ether -.- so let me talk to somebody who does know what they are talking about…

> …exactly. that long silence is you guys saying “oh Yoink!. he knows the same amount of info as i do about the covanent characters” right as i talk about the gameinformer mag. with their post in it about elites will not be playable in competitive matchmaking you guys just shut up. its because u guys dont know if they took them out of the equation ether -.- so let me talk to somebody who does know what they are talking about…

I can more or less assure you, That except for maybe one game type I heard rumors about, the Elites are not playable this time around.

woooooooow. if thats true and there is not s single moment to me playing as my beloved elite then i cant wait to beat the epic campaign and return the game. i wont touch the multiplayer just cause of this horrible piece of info. and trust me. i wont be the only elite fan who is going to return the game ether.

> woooooooow. if thats true and there is not s single moment to me playing as my beloved elite then i cant wait to beat the epic campaign and return the game. i wont touch the multiplayer just cause of this horrible piece of info. and trust me. i wont be the only elite fan who is going to return the game ether.

Alright, you can stop joking now. You’re joking right?

but thank you dr.nick. even thought the truth can be ugly. if its true. then imma play the campaign and return the game once i beat it. :frowning:

> > woooooooow. if thats true and there is not s single moment to me playing as my beloved elite then i cant wait to beat the epic campaign and return the game. i wont touch the multiplayer just cause of this horrible piece of info. and trust me. i wont be the only elite fan who is going to return the game ether.
>
> Alright, you can stop joking now. You’re joking right?

Sadly I think this time they are not.

i dont think u guys still get it. as u guys grow and fall in love with your spartans and their customization. i did the same thing. but with the elites. i love their way of life. their religion and their technology. and if 343i is really going to take my fav. race out of the equation then multiplayer doesnt even deserve my full attention. which is why i would only play the campaign and beat it. yeah i will enjoy the campaign. i really will. but after that. imma just return the game.

> woooooooow. if thats true and there is not s single moment to me playing as my beloved elite then i cant wait to beat the epic campaign and return the game. i wont touch the multiplayer just cause of this horrible piece of info. <mark>and trust me. i wont be the only elite fan who is going to return the game ether</mark>.

Look out guys, the population just went down by 6.

> i dont think u guys still get it. as u guys grow and fall in love with your spartans and their customization. i did the same thing. but with the elites. i love their way of life. their religion and their technology. and if 343i is really going to take my fav. race out of the equation then multiplayer doesnt even deserve my full attention. which is why i would only play the campaign and beat it. yeah i will enjoy the campaign. i really will. but after that. imma just return the game.

Okay, let me get this through my head. You’re going to return the greatest Halo game to date, with an amazing campaign, multiplayer, new Spartan Ops, improved forge mode, just because you didn’t get to play as your uncustomizable Elite that you will only see when you die or use an armor ability (this being from Reach, and you barely even played as them in Reach either)?

A brilliant idea, tell me more.

you under estimate us? the elite community is a brotherhood on halo. we are not like you spartan kids. and there is a lot of us. looks can be deceiving. a spartan soldier should know that… -.-

> you under estimate us? the elite community is a brotherhood on halo. we are not like you spartan kids. and there is a lot of us. looks can be deceiving. a spartan soldier should know that… -.-

Rated M for Mature.

> > woooooooow. if thats true and there is not s single moment to me playing as my beloved elite then i cant wait to beat the epic campaign and return the game. i wont touch the multiplayer just cause of this horrible piece of info. <mark>and trust me. i wont be the only elite fan who is going to return the game ether</mark>.
>
> Look out guys, the population just went down by 6.

Dude… I just died of laughter. Thought you should know that

i could careless about spartan ops. too much spartan stuff here and there. i still miss that halo 3. and imma probably just stick with the halo 3 multiplayer and reachs multiplayer. (invasion only)

look at u kids. thinking ur so funny just because the truth is that the elite community wont be able to play as their char. in halo 4. all im saying is im going to return halo 4 once i beat the campaign. its a shame. cause i preordered it and everything, all because i cant play as my elite. :frowning: